Details

ZWILLING Professional S 5-inch Utility knife, serrated edge

$89.99
ZWILLING Professional "S" 5-inch Serrated Utility Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 73.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_24, tr_49
  • loc_en_US, sid_31025-133, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 99ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-13-cm_5.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"5.00 inch","ID":"13-cm_5.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 5.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"31025-133-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 89 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

PROFESSIONAL "S" are the classic knives for the professional kitchen. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer.Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, the knives' laser-controlled edge is incredibly sharp. The sturdy bolster provides the right balance and acts as a finger guard. Precision-forged from a single piece of solid steel, these threerivet handle knives deliver optimum balance and safe handling. Professional chefs worldwide trust the tradition and quality of these impressive knives.

• Manufactured in Germany
  • Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Ergonomic polymer, three-rivet handle is perfectly bonded to the full tang
  • 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
  • Edge angle 15 degrees per side

Specifications

• Item no. 31025-133
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: special formula steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: serrated edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.14 lbs
  • Length of product: 9.41 in
  • Width of product: 0.79 in
  • Height of product: 0.51 in
  • Blade length: 5.12 in
  • Handle length: 4.33 in
  • Handle width: 0.47 in
ZWILLING Professional S 5-inch Utility knife, serrated edge
4.9 (73)
Added to basket View basket checkout
ZWILLING Professional "S" 5-inch Serrated Utility Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 73.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great tomato and pepper knife The serrated edge of this knife allows for an easy slice through a delicate tomato. As anyone with a love of tomatoes knows, the outer skin can be quite difficult to pierce with a standard straight edge knife when you aren’t sharpening your knives on a weekly basis. This knife performs perfectly on each slice week after week. I recommend getting the Zwilling Twin Four Star II without rivets though. If I had it to all over again, I would have my entire set without rivets. The handles holdup better and are comfortable.
Date published: 2021-03-04
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Chef Recommended My friend's husband, who is a professional chef, recommended this knife when we were out shopping together. He said I could use this knife for just about everything, and he was right. The serrated knives are great for slicing onion, tomatoes, melons, lemons and limes. Never have to worry about sharpening because of the serrations, and because of this knife I never have to worry about having to use a dull knife. Great option for someone who doesn't want to purchase a lot of different knives. This one gets the job done.
Date published: 2020-08-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Handy knife for everyday tasks I really like this knife for those little quick tasks. It's always sharp and ready to slice tomatoes or peppers, a crusty baguette or a sandwich. Professional S is terrific line of knives. They feature a traditional straight bolster and a slightly smaller handle. As a result they are a little lighter than the new Pro line. I have owned one of these knives for years (more than 10). It has performed year in and year out, and I cook a lot. I sharpen it maybe twice a year, hand wash it and it looks like I never use it.
Date published: 2020-05-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from 5” serrated utility knife. Bought on last year for our condo. Liked it so much bought another one for our home up north. Fantastic knife use it for almost everything!
Date published: 2019-12-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Kitchen knives These are superb knives. I have used them for over 40 years. They are very durable and well built.
Date published: 2019-10-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great everyday knife. Never needs sharpening because of the serrations, so a knife I can always count on. Perfect for slicing cold cuts, cheeses, fruits, veggie and sandwiches. Made in Germany from Zwilling special formula steel, which is why this knife is so durable. Bolster offers comfort and safety, along with a full tang which gives the knife a good weight. Lots of choices in the market place, but this one was the one!
Date published: 2020-12-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love this knife. Definitely get my monies worth with this knife. Great for slicing tomato, onions, cheeses, cold cuts, breads and even more. Serrated knives are so easy to use, never need sharpening, so I always have a reliable tool in the kitchen, which gives me great piece of mind. German steel really makes a huge difference in cutlery. Sturdy, feels great, dishwasher safe and last a lifetime. Truly a great investment.
Date published: 2020-12-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Exact Replacement I purchased this as a replacement to the serrated knife that was part of a set many years ago. My old knife was dull and as far as I know a serrated knife cannot be sharpened. I was glad to be able to find the exact match to my set. The new knife arrived and it is the same quality as the original (I weighed them both and the new one has the same heavy handle as the old.) Very satisfied.
Date published: 2020-05-17
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_24, tr_49
  • loc_en_US, sid_31025-133, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

I have both S 5 and a larger 8 inch version of these serrated knives. Can I sharpen them at home, or must it be done professionally? Thank you?

Asked by: joeyn
We do not recommend sharpening (and do not professionally sharpen) serrated knives as sharpening devices can destroy the teeth on the blades that enable them to work properly.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-06-25

I have this knife as part of an entire set, my wife dropped the knife on our tile kitchen floor, it broke one third from the tip. I have loved this knife set, is this common, would you replace at a discount? I have had them many years.

Asked by: dmill4875
We cannot offer a discount, but contact our Warranty Department at (800) 777-4308 or by using the "Contact Us" link below.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2017-01-25
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_31025-133, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 167ms
  • questions, product