• Black
YOU SAVE:-20%
$225.00 $179.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE:-20%
$225.00 $179.99
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 10-inch Chef's Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 7.
  • y_2019, m_8, d_16, h_17
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_6
  • loc_en_US, sid_31021-263, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 133ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING Professional S 10-inch Chef's knife
$225.00 $179.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information

PROFESSIONAL "S" are the classic knives for the professional kitchen. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer.

Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, the knives' laser-controlled edge is incredibly sharp. The sturdy bolster provides the right balance and acts as a finger guard. Precision-forged from a single piece of solid steel, these threerivet handle knives deliver optimum balance and safe handling. Professional chefs worldwide trust the tradition and quality of these impressive knives.

• Manufactured in Germany
  • Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Ergonomic polymer, three-rivet handle is perfectly bonded to the full tang
  • 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
  • Edge angle 15 degrees per side
Charasteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: German Stainless Steel
  • Type of handle: consealed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: V-edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.94 lbs
  • Blade length: 9.84 in
  • Handle length: 5.31 in
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 10-inch Chef's Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Knife as great as expected Bought this knife in my pursuit to find the perfect knife for my kitchen. I am not a professional chef, but I do cook each and every night. So far, this knife as met all my expectations. I love the feel of this knife, and it performs well.
Date published: 2019-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellent I bought this for my husband who cooks a lot. He absolutely loves it! Says it's very versatile and the quality is excellent.
Date published: 2018-12-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from this brand will keep a great edge! i have been in kitchen since i was 14. i have found this brand will last much longer with a sharp edge.
Date published: 2018-08-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Versatile Knife I have owned this knife for over 4 years now and it is still my go to knife in the kitchen. The 6" blade is sized appropriately to use for a multitude of tasks. I use this knife to prepare chicken thighs, slice large roasts and chop & prep vegetables. The Professional S handle style feels comfortable in my hand and has the traditional 3 rivet look. I am very happy with this knife!
Date published: 2019-07-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Knives I cannot recommend these knives more highly. They are simply amazing. Razor sharp, perfectly balanced. Ideal in any kitchen.
Date published: 2018-01-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Knife Cuts great, nice weight and balanced. This will definitely be my knife of choice
Date published: 2018-01-01
  • y_2019, m_8, d_16, h_17
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_6
  • loc_en_US, sid_31021-263, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 9ms
  • reviews, product

Why does the description say Item # 31021-203 and on the knife in the picture it says Item # 31021-200? What's the difference? If I order this what will I get?

Asked by: LelaniaM
31021-203 is a newer SKU for the same item. Item numbers change for various reasons, but the product will remain the same.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-07-30

Do you sell the covers/liners for these knives? I have the set of three professional 

Asked by: Ramon
Yes, you may shop our available sheaths and other storage options here: https://www.zwillingonline.com/cutlery-zwilling-storage.html
Date published: 2018-06-11

What's the difference between "Pro" and "Pro S" models, across the range? There seems to be no difference based on descriptions, and/or price. Thanks

Asked by: WiscoSkip
These two lines are materially the same. They differ slightly cosmetically; the Pro bolster has a half arch design while there is a full bolster on our Pro "S" knives.
Date published: 2018-05-08

What is the hardness of this knife?

Asked by: Marius
The ZWILLING Professional "S" line has a Rockwell hardness of 57.
Date published: 2017-11-01

weight?

Asked by: mike7777777
The Professional "S" 8" chef's knife weighs approximately 13 oz.
Date published: 2017-12-23

This knife is extremely dull. How/where do I get it sharpened?

Asked by: sjswf
There are a few options. You can use a pull-through sharpener, any of our ZWILLING/TWIN models will work. You can also use series of waterstones. This requires some practice but will give you amazing results. Many gourmet and kitchen stores provide a sharpening service. Please keep in mind that we sharpen our blades to 15 degrees on either side. We also offer a mail-in sharpening service in which we use the same machines as used in the factory.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2017-11-27

What is the difference between a professional and a professional "s" knife?

Asked by: Momto5
The ZWILLING Pro and Professional "S" series are both made from the same steel (ZWILLING Special Formula Steel) and handle material (POM). Both are also forged in Germany. The main differences are the bolster and the blade shapes. The Professional "S" series has a traditional bolster and very traditional blade shapes. The ZWILLING Pro series has a curved bolster that promotes the "pinch grip." The blade shapes on many of the ZWILLING Pro knives feature updated designs that were determined after extensive research. The chef's knife, for instance, has a more prolonged flat portion closer to the handle for more effective chopping, but also has a pronounced "belly" (curve) that is very effective when used with a rocking motion.
Date published: 2018-07-11

Does this knife come with a Protective cover? oh and Out of the sales on this site is a 8" or a 10" preferred? Is a Santoku knife preferred over a Chefs Knife?

Asked by: That_one_aaron_97
This knife does not include a sheath or cover, it is shipped in a retail box, just as if you were to purchase it in a store. The difference between 8" and 10" Chef's knives and a Santoku really comes down to personal preference. The 8" is the standard size, the majority of users prefer this size, it is versatile and manageable. The 10" takes a little more practice (and board space) to use but is often preferred by professionals (if cutting up large quantities of food, for instance, the tip of the knife may never need to leave the board in some instances). Many people prefer a 6" chef's knife because it is more maneuverable and lighter. A Santoku has a flatter blade profile than a western chef's knife. It is also considered an all-around knife, but is better suited for a chopping action, rather that the rocking action commonly used with chef's knives. We actually make a hybrid blade style called a Rocking Santoku, this combines the best elements of both. At the end of the day, though, it really depends on what your preference is.
Date published: 2018-07-05
  • y_2019, m_8, d_16, h_17CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_8
  • loc_en_US, sid_31021-263, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 128ms
  • questions, product