187.50 $149.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -20%
187.50 $149.99
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING Pro Holm Oak 7-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 17.
  • y_2020, m_9, d_23, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_16
  • loc_en_US, sid_38478-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 156ms
  • reviews, product

Description

Respected as an innovator in the industry, ZWILLING J.A. Henckels remains rooted in the foundation upon which it was built: a tradition of quality and excellence forged nearly three centuries ago. The ZWILLING Pro Holm Oak adds a handsome wooden handle to the company's most user-friendly knife, the ZWILLING Pro. Crafted from Mediterranean Holm Oak, this ergonomic, triple-riveted handle boasts strength and stability within its handsome wood grain.Combined with the innovative curved bolster, which acts as an extension of the hand, chefs enjoy improved comfort and cutting technique with every use. Strengthened by an exclusive, special formula, high carbon stainless steel, the ice-hardened blades are harder, sharper, and they will not stain or chip. Discerning chefs appreciate how well they retain their sharpness with regular use.From precision-forged blade to beautiful handle, the ZWILLING Pro Holm Oak merges style and substance in one striking knife collection.
  • Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
  • Mediterranean Holm Oak handle has a handsome wood grain and a wonderful feel
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
  • Hand wash only
  • Manufactured in Germany

Specifications

• Item no. 38478-183
Characteristics
  • Color: Nature
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: Special Formula Steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: Hollow ground
  • Edge finishing: Razor edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.52 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.40 in
  • Width of product: 1.97 in
  • Height of product: 0.79 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
ZWILLING Pro Holm Oak 7-inch Rocking Santoku Hollow Edge
$187.50 $149.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
ZWILLING Pro Holm Oak 7-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 17.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A beautiful wood grain and blade I never had a rocking santoku knife, but then I used this one and I was hooked! I absolutely love using this knife for everything, it is my go to knife in the kitchen. It's perfect for cutting anything and it rocks so nicely, especially when mincing herbs. Everyone needs a rocking santoku knife in their kitchen! I also love this Holm Oak wood handle, I typically like a darker grain of wood, but this one looks so good against the stainless steel and it’s a really durable wood, which is great for longevity. This knife is forged well thanks to the patented process by Zwilling and it’s also ice hardened, which means it’ll stay durable and sharp for years to come.
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A santoku knife is a great profile for chopping. With a wider blade it feel sturdy and has the heft behind it to efficiently cut large quantities of meats and vegetables. This santoku A santoku knife is a great profile for chopping. With a wider blade it feel sturdy and has the heft behind it to efficiently cut large quantities of meats and vegetables. This santoku is special because it has a curved tip which allows you to transition easily between the chopping motion and the rocking motion. The Pro series knives have a curved bolster providing the most comfortable pinch grip for your thumb and forefinger. The Oak handle is a special touch and gives a traditional grip that is perfectly weighted.
Date published: 2020-04-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful Wood Grain I love the look and feel of wood, it makes it feel like an heirloom piece. What is so amazing about this knife is not only the beauty but the unique design. Between the curved bolster, which helps me hold the knife correctly in the pinch grip, and the curved blade, I'm rocking and chopping like a chef. It has a razor sharp edge, even sharper than the rest of the knife line, which helps me slice through anything with the greatest of ease. Forged from high carbon German steel and made in Germany assures me that this will indeed be an heirloom knife for generations to come.
Date published: 2020-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from classic quality...new shape I have been using Zwilling knives for years. I love the forged German steel blades. They are so sharp and durable. The Pro line is my new favorite. The curved bolster really encourages me to hold the knife properly and comfortably. This has increased my accuracy greatly. The Holm oak edition ads a nice rustic touch to the traditional three rivet handle . This blade shape is a new one for me and I love it. The curve makes quick work of my vegetable and herb prep with thin accurate slices and easy mincing. A must have.
Date published: 2020-07-30
Rated 3 out of 5 by from zwilling employee The Pro line of cutlery made with the Holm oak wood handle is very unique. They have the same feel and cutting acumen of the Pro series that is our most popular line. They do require more attention as the handles need to be dried after washing.
Date published: 2020-05-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Holm oak on this knife is really stunning. Compliments the steel nicely and feels super smooth in the hand. This 7" rocking santoku is the best of both worlds. Made from one piece of premium German Steel that has been ice hardened for longer edge retention it also has all the attributes of an Asian style blade with a 10 degree edge and hollows to keep food from sticking to the blade. This knife will quickly become your favorite for all those chopping, mincing and cubing projects.
Date published: 2020-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Rocking with holm oak handle! A Pro holm oak 7" rocking santoku is perfect for everyone, wood handle is more comfortable and lighter. This size is perfect in my hand, pinch grip knife is exceptional. Comfortable, balanced knife will quickly become the go-to knife for everyday tasks. It's the most easiest to sharpen for it's half bolster, nothing gets in the way of your sharpening tool, either stone or machine. This knife motion can be gliding, chopping style or rocking. Hand washing is recommended.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This knife is stunning visually because of the Mediterranean Holm Oak wood handle. But we were not done yet, we added the curved bolster of the Pro line and one of the most popular blade profiles, the Santoku, to create the ultimate knife! The Santoku supports the rocking and chopping motions and the hallow cut-outs keep food from sticking to the blade. This is one of my favorite knives and all around workhorse in my kitchen.
Date published: 2020-04-21
  • y_2020, m_9, d_23, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_16
  • loc_en_US, sid_38478-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 12ms
  • reviews, product

What is the thickness of the blade? What is the weight of the knife?

Asked by: Aphzr
The blade is 0.1" thick and 1.97" wide. The weight is 0.52 pounds. This information is mostly provided under the specifications for each item, which can be helpful if you're comparing multiple products!
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-09-21
  • y_2020, m_9, d_24, h_16CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_38478-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 167ms
  • questions, product