• (no colour)
YOU SAVE:-32%
$200.00 $135.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE:-32%
$200.00 $135.99
ZWILLING Pro 8-inch Wide Chef's Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 4.
  • y_2019, m_9, d_19, h_5
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_3
  • loc_en_US, sid_38405-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 13ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING Pro 8-inch Wide Chef's Knife
$200.00 $135.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. A unique curved bolster supports the professional pinch grip, with thumb and index finger on the blade, for safe cutting and less fatigue. The blade was redesigned with a broader curve in the front to facilitate the rocking motion of Western cutting, while the straight back is ideal for the Asian chopping motion. The full length of the blade can be used when cutting and can be sharpened from bolster to tip Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, the company that sets the standard for exceptional cutlery worldwide. The ZWILLING Pro Wide Chef's Knife is the workhorse of the kitchen. Whether chopping, slicing, or dicing, the broad blade and comfortable, balanced size will quickly become the go-to knife for everyday tasks. A wide blade allows more knuckle clearance and makes it easy to scoop with the blade.
  • Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
  • POM handle is durable and resiliant
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
  • Dishwasher safe, had wash recommended
  • Manufactured in Germany
Charasteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: Special Formula Steel
Measurements
  • Blade length: 7.87 in
  • Handle length: 4.53 in
ZWILLING Pro 8-inch Wide Chef's Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Think rocking cleaver. I'm in no way experienced enough to rate a knifes quality. The five stars are for the knifes brilliant ergonomics. The Zwilling Pro 8" Wide is like a job specific garden tool. My Fathers produce box business naturally immersed me in California's pre supermarket produce industry. As a boy I was taught early on to hold the wide end of the knife between the thumb with the fore and middle fingers curled over the top of the blade. The increased control and safety became obvious in those very first minutes. This Zwilling Wide blade and angled yoke facilitate this type of grip extremely well. The idea is not too unlike using an Asian cooks cleaver but with a massive cutting edge rocker which facilitates planting the knifes tip and guillotining large portions in a single stroke. Like wide snow skis, why did the idea take so long? My only suggestion would be to dress down the somewhat sharp rear edge of the blade between the yoke and the cutting edge.
Date published: 2019-02-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I was sold the second I held it It feels like a natural extension of the hand. Its like the Asian vegetable cleaver was adapted for Western cooking.
Date published: 2019-01-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing knife! I use this daily in a high volume kitchen and there is nothing this knife cannot do.
Date published: 2019-08-17
  • y_2019, m_9, d_19, h_5
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_3
  • loc_en_US, sid_38405-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 9ms
  • reviews, product

Do you make a block that holds this knife as well as a cleaver?

Asked by: Jim Dandy
We do not have a block that would hold both this knife and a cleaver. We have one block that has a slot wide enough for a cleaver here: https://www.zwillingonline.com/66350900.html Because of the curved bolster on the Pro style, the knives fit best in a Pro block. We have several styles and colors of Pro blocks here: https://www.zwillingonline.com/cutlery-zwilling-storage.html
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-08-16

we have a 13861-203 8 inch chefs knife and would like to return to store in Portland Ore.

Asked by: tigermal
In order to properly assist you, please reach out to our Consumer Relations Team at info@zwillingus.com. Please provide a detailed explanation of when and where your knife was purchased, the reason for return and any order numbers that may be associated with your purchase. Once we receive your email, we will be more than happy to provide you with a quick and easy resolution.
Date published: 2018-07-06

How wide is this "ZWILLING Pro 8" Wide Chef's Knife", and how much wider is it compared to the regular "ZWILLING Pro 8" Chef's Knife"?

Asked by: dlovsky
Actually, it is 2.25 inches across the widest part of the blade at the heel — both per specification above under “Dimensions” and per measurement of my own knife. 
Answered by: dragfree
Date published: 2018-02-23

This looks like a wonderful product — I saw it on YouTube in a food video, I think — but I can't seem to get it here in Australia, and Amazon doesn't ship it here.  Please help, I'd love to be able to use this knife, even as an amateur cook.

Asked by: Norm
Please contact our authorized dealer in Australia, they should be able to better assist you. DKSH Australia Pty. Ltd. 12 Mars Road Unit 8 (Level 8) Lane Cove NSW 2066 Sydney Australia Phone: (+61) 2 9425 5000 E-mail: sales.consumergoods@dksh.com
Date published: 2017-06-16

Is this knife blade of carbon steel or the softer stainless steel? The description does not reference "stainless steel."

Asked by: JamesKrieger
This series (and most of our knives) are made with stainless steel, though it is stainless steel with a high carbon content. This is our proprietary steel, ZWILLING Special Formula Steel, and is tempered in a very specific manner, resulting in a hardness of 57 on the Rockwell Hardness scale. Some of our Miyabi knives are made of stainless steel and have even harder blades. The only knives we make from Carbon Steel are the Kramer Euroline Carbon Collection (see link below). These are made from straight 52100 Carbon Steel, it is not stainless and will develop a patina. These have a hardness of 61. Carbon steel is an amazing material for blades, though it is important to note that they take a little more care than a regular stainless steel blade. http://www.zwillingonline.com/eucaco.html
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2018-02-17
  • y_2019, m_9, d_19, h_5CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_5
  • loc_en_US, sid_38405-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • questions, product