Details

ZWILLING Pro 7-inch, hollow edge Santoku Knife

$149.99
ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 242.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_76, tr_166
  • loc_en_US, sid_38408-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 101ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-18-cm_7.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7.00 inch","ID":"18-cm_7.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"38408-183-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 149 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. A unique curved bolster supports the professional pinch grip, with thumb and index finger on the blade, for safe cutting and less fatigue. The blade was redesigned with a broader curve in the front to facilitate the rocking motion of Western cutting, while the straight back is ideal for the Asian chopping motion. The full length of the blade can be used when cutting and can be sharpened from bolster to tip Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, the company that sets the standard for exceptional cutlery worldwide. The ZWILLING Pro Santoku Knife is a Japanese style chef's knife that is perfect for most kitchen tasks. The blade shape lends itself particularly well to chopping and slicing. The hollow, granton edge helps prevent food from sticking to the blade.

• Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
  • POM handle is durable and resiliant
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
  • Dishwasher safe, had wash recommended
  • Manufactured in Germany

Specifications

• Item no. 38408-183
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: special formula steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: hollow edge
  • Edge finishing: Razor edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.48 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.80 in
  • Width of product: 1.65 in
  • Height of product: 0.79 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
  • Handle length: 5.31 in
  • Handle width: 0.75 in
  • Blade width: 0.04 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.04 in
ZWILLING Pro 7-inch, hollow edge Santoku Knife
4.9 (242)
Added to basket View basket checkout

USER - FRIENDLY, GERMAN - MADE KNIVES

ZWILLING Pro is our most chef-friendly knife on the market. These versatile knives were designed to support the professional pinch grip for safe and controlled use.

INNOVATIVE BOLSTER

Unique curved bolster acts as an extension of the hand, encouraging cutting with improved precision, safety, and comfort.

SUPERIOR STEEL

Proudly made in Germany, our specially formulated German stainless steel has been perfected for almost 300 years.

QUALITY PRODUCTION

As the largest manufacturer of knives globally, we own our factories so we can control the quality at every step of production

ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 242.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Chop Away! This Santoku with its curved bolster feels perfect in my hand. I didn't realize I was holding the knife incorrectly (I held it like a hammer...wrong) until I grabbed this with a pinch grip on that curved bolster. Because it's forged, it is a heavier knife, which I prefer. I feel like the knife does the work for me. The blade is incredibly razor sharp, even sharper than my chef knife. This is my go-to knife for chopping veggies. It makes cutting an onion super easy and no tears. I think it's because I'm cutting cleanly not tearing it. If you just want one knife in your kitchen, this would be a great one to have.
Date published: 2020-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This knife rocks! Well, maybe not in the true sense of the word (although there is a rocking santoku knife in the Pro line and I have that one too) but this has become my go to knife instead of the chef's knife. I find the Japanese style of chopping to be easier and more efficient and when it comes to plain cutting it performs as well as a chef's knife. We previously had two santoku knives but I was under the impression that you coud not sharpen them. It was onu during my research for buying knew knives that I learned the real concept behind the santoku knife and that the could in fact be sharpened. Let me tell you, a sharp santoku knife cannot be beat.
Date published: 2021-05-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from What a hefty workhorse! This is a beautiful knife to begin with. It’s got some great weight, but is perfectly balanced. Its sharp edge works through everything I’ve put in front of it. It will cut through everything like it’s butter. Highly recommend this product.
Date published: 2020-12-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from One Favorite Knife! This Pro 5.5" Santoku a perfect length for someone who's looking for not so small or not so big on their hand, at the same time you'll have perfect control for the knife. Comfortable and balanced size, will quickly become the go-to knife for everyday tasks. It's the most easiest to sharpen, it has a unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster. Whether chopping, slicing, or dicing, the broad blade are comfortable in the hand. This can is a vegetable knife, large fruit knife, and a meat knife as well.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great knife for every day I love the feel of this knife - I’m 5’3” and this size is perfect for smaller hands. The grip is solid and comfortable. The weight is spot on - not too flimsy or too heavy. I chop a lot of vegetables and prefer the Santoku over the traditional chef’s knife. I highly recommend overall.
Date published: 2022-02-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Finally a knife I really enjoy working with! This 5.5" Santuko has replaced my 8" chef's knife almost entirely. Love the shorter blade, lighter weight, and sharper angle. The hollow edges are great for reducing air pockets which is why my foods no longer stick on to the blade. The Zwilling special formula steel, doesn't rust, holds an edge and is easy to re sharpen. Also dishwasher safe which is a bonus in my home. No longer dread working in the kitchen.
Date published: 2021-01-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good knife for smaller hands, and smaller jobs This Pro 5-inch is a good example of great chopping knife. It is made with one of Zwilling’s best quality steels so it will keep its edge as well as stand up to a lifetime of use. The innovative angled bolster is easy to grip, keeping the thumb and forefinger in the correct position for maximum control. And it has the hollow grooves that reduce friction and cuts down on the food riding up the blade and getting in the way. As much as I like this knife, I prefer longer knives, otherwise it would have gotten 5 stars.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Chopping just got very fun I'm one of those people who always used my chef's knife for all my cutting and chopping but when I got this Santoku I realized how much easier veggie chopping is when you use the perfect tool! The hollow air pockets along the edge help to prevent food from sticking to the knife as you slice...no more stopping to slide veggies off the side of my blade! The Pro series has the most comfortable pinch grip because of the curved bolster and just like my Pro chef's knife this has the perfect weight in my hand.
Date published: 2020-04-04
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_76, tr_166
  • loc_en_US, sid_38408-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

What is the actual blade thickness? It says .39 inches, but that equates to over 9mm.

Asked by: JTevans
.15"
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2023-09-21

DOES ALL HENCKEL KNIVES HAVE THE TWIN EMBLEMS

Asked by: LAKEGIRL
Our Zwilling/Twin knives have the two-man logo, and our J.A. Henckels International knives have one man.
Date published: 2018-07-17

What is the angle of the cutting edge, Asian or US, European?

Asked by: bill42
The blade angle for this knife is 10° on each side.
Date published: 2022-01-18

SKU?

Asked by: William10
The SKU is the item number shown in the link: http://www.zwillingonline.com/38408143.html
Date published: 2018-01-03

What is the weight of the knife?

Asked by: kerry
The Pro 7 Santoku is .7 pounds
Date published: 2018-07-02
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_5
  • loc_en_US, sid_38408-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 4ms
  • questions, product