Details

ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Rocking santoku, fine edge

$139.99
ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 287.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_70, tr_217
  • loc_en_US, sid_38417-182, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 103ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-18-cm_7.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7.00 inch","ID":"18-cm_7.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"38417-182-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 139 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. A unique curved bolster supports the professional pinch grip, with thumb and index finger on the blade, for safe cutting and less fatigue. The blade was redesigned with a broader curve in the front to facilitate the rocking motion of Western cutting, while the straight back is ideal for the Asian chopping motion. The full length of the blade can be used when cutting and can be sharpened from bolster to tip Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, the company that sets the standard for exceptional cutlery worldwide. The ZWILLING Pro 7" Rocking Santoku Knife supports a Western-style circular motion and Asian-style chopping. The versatile blade is ideal for chopping vegetables, slicing through meats, and preparing fish.

• Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
  • POM handle is durable and resiliant
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
  • Dishwasher safe, had wash recommended
  • Manufactured in Germany

Specifications

• Item no. 38417-182
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: special formula steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Edge finishing: Razor edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.54 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.20 in
  • Width of product: 1.97 in
  • Height of product: 0.79 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
  • Handle length: 5.12 in
  • Handle width: 0.75 in
  • Blade width: 0.08 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.08 in
ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Rocking santoku, fine edge
5.0 (287)
Added to basket View basket checkout
ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 287.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from ROCKING SATOKU REALLY ROCKS!!! My husband and I were seriously overdue for some quality “adult” knives for our home. You know, the purchase you plan for as an investment - not the quick fix thing you know won’t last. I am no chef by any means but I love to cook and my family loves to enjoy food. The set of knives we purchased are amazing, yes they’re sharp, but that’s obvious since they’re new. These knives, we got the Pro series, feel amazing when you’re working with them it’s almost effortless, we are thrilled that we no longer have to “fight to cook”. The Asian knives were a great addition to the western knives and I’m excited to try so many new recipes and techniques. Highly recommend
Date published: 2020-08-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This is a very good knife. I've been using this knife for several months now and like it very much. I have several Japanese high quality knives and this knife (somewhat surprisingly, perhaps) shares a number of features with those knives. The steel is not quite as hard, but the edge geometry allows a very sharp edge to be formed and maintained. with nothing more than a few stokes on a hard, black ceramic honing rod. Also, the knife fits nicely in the hand and has a very good bolster design. I am pleased (and a little surprised) that Zwilling has put this excellent knife together for such a reasonable price. Well Done!
Date published: 2019-04-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best Tool in my Kitchen I recently purchased the 7inch Rocking Santoku Knife after seeing a demo with it at a Zwilling Special Event at my local Costco store. This knife will be replacing an old Pampered Chef 7inch Santoku knife that is dull even after sharpening it multiple times. If you see Zwilling Brand Knifes at Costco, they're MUST BUY items! $69.99 at Costco before Tax! Pros: -Comfortable Handle -Curved bolster of knife blade and rocking motion has been less fatiguing on my hand with prep work. -Razor sharp blade was perfect for chopping up raw beef stew meat Cons: -I wish this would have come with a knife sheath.
Date published: 2020-11-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Unusual Logo I have many Zwilling Henckel knives and bought this 7" Rocking fine edge santoku at Costco. I haven't tried it yet, but I notice that the imprinted LOGO is completely different from the standard Zwilling logo. There is no (R) next to the Zwilling name on this Costco knife as it is on all other real Henkel knives. The whole arrangement of the imprint on the blade is different and of concern to me. I hope someone from Henkel Zwilling can comment on this difference. I hope my Costco knife is a real Henkel Zwilling knife
Date published: 2021-03-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Just buy it! If you’re debating whether or not to get this knife, stop debating and buy it. It’s brilliant. Weighty yet perfectly balanced, powerful yet precise, all owing to its unique hybrid profile, which takes getting used to but is very well thought-out. Despite the name, it’s really not a santoku, but rather an ingenious cross between a santoku and a traditional German style chef’s knife (bit closer to the latter, honestly) that can handle a wide array of tasks while holding an edge remarkably well. It’s a workhorse. It’s a beast. And it’s probably your new favorite knife. Go for it.
Date published: 2023-02-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful craftsmanship and extremely sharp I did a lot of research before I took the plunge and splurged on a knife of this caliber. It’s beautifully crafted and nicely weighted. It feels solid in my hand and the blade is so sharp. I went with both the 7” Rocking Santoku and the 7” Chef’s Knife from the Zwilling Pro series due to the versatility I would get from their size. I’m so glad that I finally invested in a great knives that will stand the test of time. I plan on adding more from this collection to my kitchen.
Date published: 2020-11-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A must for your kitchen I took a knife skills class and got to use many different knives that Zwilling offers. This knife was a STANDOUT. All of the knives were great, but this one is exceptional. The balance is great, bolster is comfortable, and the size makes is perfect for just about any task. The 7 inch size is also most comfortable for my wife compared to the standard 8 inch chefs knife. This knife is replacing some of my favorite knives and I will be buying this asba gift for family.
Date published: 2023-01-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from An Overdo Upgrade An upgrade to an old knife I was gifted and never held is edge, I was happy to porches something so nicely balanced. My hands are small and I find that the blade fits easily in my hands while allowing for confidante pinching if the blade to increase safety while using this knife. It cuts nicely and is sharp, so be careful with those fingers! I decided on this knife after doing a good deal of research. While I am not a professional chef by any means, I made all food from scratch and believe this will assist in making many healthy meals in the years to come.
Date published: 2024-02-12
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_70, tr_217
  • loc_en_US, sid_38417-182, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

With the Zwilling 4 stage pull through sharpener, should this be sharpened on Standard or Asian setting?

Asked by: markus
You would use the Asian slots for Santoku knives.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2022-03-28

I see there are two 7" santoku knives. One is listed with a hollow grind and the other a fine edge. I was curious about the differences between the two.

Asked by: greco
As long as they are from the same style, the knives will be materially identical, and you can expect the same sharpness, edge retention, and performance. However, knives with hollow edges will help prevent food getting stuck to the blade during chopping. This feature is ideal if you're prepping lots of fresh vegetables or more delicate proteins, like fish.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2022-03-28

Trying to figure out storage... is there a sheath/case for this knife?

Asked by: wsuit
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_3
  • loc_en_US, sid_38417-182, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 116ms
  • questions, product