• (no colour)
YOU SAVE:-38%
$162.50 $99.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE:-38%
$162.50 $99.99
ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Chef's Knife is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 26.
  • y_2019, m_8, d_18, h_19
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_24
  • loc_en_US, sid_38401-182, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 122ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Chef's knife
$162.50 $99.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. A unique curved bolster supports the professional pinch grip, with thumb and index finger on the blade, for safe cutting and less fatigue. The blade was redesigned with a broader curve in the front to facilitate the rocking motion of Western cutting, while the straight back is ideal for the Asian chopping motion. The full length of the blade can be used when cutting and can be sharpened from bolster to tip Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, the company that sets the standard for exceptional cutlery worldwide. The ZWILLING Pro Chef's Knife is the workhorse of the kitchen. Whether chopping, slicing, or dicing, the broad blade and comfortable, balanced size will quickly become the go-to knife for everyday tasks.
  • Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
  • POM handle is durable and resiliant
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
  • Dishwasher safe, had wash recommended
  • Manufactured in Germany
Charasteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: Special Formula Steel
  • Type of handle: consealed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: V-edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.84 lbs
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
ZWILLING Pro 7-inch Chef's Knife is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 26.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing Knife! I do not personally own this knife as yet, but recently had an opportunity to use it for cutting up vegetables and was so intrigued that I had to find this knife for myself. It cut with such unbelievable precision and grace - cannot describe it any other way! Out of laziness, I tried cutting over a plastic ziplock bag rather than a cutting board and it never cut the plastic like other knives it only cut the vegetable, that was amazing to me. I am left handed and have had problems cutting myself, etc. with knives all my life, but now I found a knife that I can safely use with no worries! I am a fan for life!
Date published: 2017-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I have owned this knife for over six months now. I saw the one star review, but saw no explanation as to why, so I figured I would give some information to help those curious buyers out there. To give you some back ground: I've been cooking on a professional level for nearly 8 years. I own 4 extremely high quality Shun knives and several other lesser quality knives. I believe, based on price, that people will assume this Zwilling is a high end knife. This knife is actually more of a mid level knife when it comes to professional level knife sets. Out of the package, this knife was very sharp. Very finely crafted and weighted. It has yet to stain, but we have taken care of it. We don't put it away wet (rookie mistake) we never put it in the dishwasher, and we sharpen and hone the blade once or a month or so. It doesn't really need the sharpening that frequently, but we do it to keep in practice. Honing your knives is important. We cook at least one meal a day, and on weekends we're cooking at least 3 times a day. We use this knife for all of our general cooking. Chopping veggies, slicing fat off of jerky meat, etc. It's fantastic as a general chef's knife. It hasn't let us (my wife and I) down. When we're cooking together, usually she mans the Zwilling and I use my Shuns. However, if either of us are cooking alone, we tend to go to the Zwilling. If you want an excellent mid level chefs knife, this is for you. It is a good knife. It will last the average consumer a long time.
Date published: 2017-01-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from My new favorite chef's knife I wanted a "wide" chef's blade just like what I'd seen on TV cooking shows, and though some confusion between Pro descriptions, I ordered this supposed "wide" blade from a major cooking supply retailer. It is indeed, wider at the bolster with a pronounced curve at cutting edge to its point, than my other 6" chef's knife. The new knife is incredibly sharp, is a heavy, but balanced weight in hand. The wider 6" length is an all-around useful knife to last a lifetime. I'm very pleased with my new knife.
Date published: 2018-02-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect Size I love everything about this knife. I have a wooden knife block with a complete set of beautiful knives from Zwilling. I picked out and bought each individual knife that I wanted in my wooden block, and I love them all. My two favorite workhorse knives are the 8" chef's knife and the 7" santoku. I love using my chef's knife but really like the size of the 7" santoku. So, decided to shop around and found this gem a 7" chef's knife. I love it. It is absolutely the perfect size and has perfect balance and a wonderful weight. The rocking motion is amazing. It is extremely comfortable to hold and I think they call that the pinch grip which is perfect. This 7" chef's knife has replaced my 7" santoku, so passing on the santoku to my son. I can't say enough about this 7" chef's knife. And you cannot find it at this price anywhere else. Zwilling is the only knives I will own. They really are the best of the best when it comes to knives. I'm a very happy cook.
Date published: 2018-12-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellent Quality I've been putting off buying a new chefs knife, but the price was right!
Date published: 2019-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great comfortable knife for hours of use I own two of these knives now. One for me at work and one for my wife who cooks the most important meals at home. The half bolster design is ergonomic and very comfortable. This is my go to knife for chopping loads of herbs and dicing onions since the blade is so thin and durable. It's a hybrid of German-Italian engineering with slight Asian design in blade geometry. It's very lightweight and fast in its work!
Date published: 2018-03-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Purchase Initially I purchased this big knife for preparing hard winter squash, the long blade gave me better control. But, since then I have used it for lots of other food preps. It is very well balanced, the bolster fits my hand well, the handle is very comfortable, the blade is very sharp and stays sharp with simple steel honing. This is an excellent knife.
Date published: 2018-11-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Wonderful kitchen tool Purchased this knife to add to my set of Gourmet knives, and I'm thrilled that I did. The feel is wonderful. Comfortable in my hand, and a joy to use... I'm a pretty casual home chef, so I'm not an expert, but I did TONS of research before choosing this knife, and it's worth every penny.
Date published: 2019-04-22
  • y_2019, m_8, d_18, h_19
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_24
  • loc_en_US, sid_38401-182, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 10ms
  • reviews, product

How thick is the blade.

Asked by: Ravi
The blade is 0.15" thick.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-09-23

Does this line of knives carry a warranty?

Asked by: picco007
Yes. All of our knives carry a lifetime limited warranty against manufacturing/material defects. (https://www.zwillingonline.com/warranty.html)
Date published: 2018-06-11

What's the last 3-digit of the model number stands for? I noticed the description says the model number as 38401-203, but the photo of the knife shows 38401-200.

Asked by: BBQdude
The model numbers don't stand for anything in particular. They are used internally for tracking inventory. The 38401-203 and 38401-200 are numbers for the same item that we have used at different times.
Date published: 2018-09-20

How wide is the blade, is this so called extra wide? What is the difference between 38405-163 and 160? I'd like to by 6" extra wide.

Asked by: scyzoryk
I had also been looking for the "extra wide." I ordered and what I was sent was the 6" Pro. The numbers on the box sticker is 38405 and states Wide in small letters. I think the "extra wide" comes only in the 8" Chef's model which is .40" wider at its widest according to given dimensions. The wide blades have a pronounced curve towards the end of the blades. It is definitely wider than my other 6" chefs. I'm fairly happy with my new "wide". 
Answered by: llee_SF
Date published: 2018-02-17

What's the height of the blade? I'm making a knife block and want to make sure I make an opening big enough to fit this knife. 

Asked by: GDG95
The Pro 8" Chef's knife is approximately 2" at its widest point.
Date published: 2018-02-28

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS KNIFE AND THE 38411-203 - THE PRO TRADITIONAL CHEF'S KNIFE?

Asked by: CAFAGAN
The difference is in the blade shape. The Pro Chef's Knife has a proprietary, updated shape. It features a more exaggerated curve towards the tip, and a flatter profile towards the middle and base. This allows it to be used with a traditional rocking motion, while also excelling at up-and-down chopping. You get the best of both worlds. The Pro Traditional Chef's Knife is just that, a traditional blade shape (sometimes called a European or French Chef's Knife). This shape has a more constant curvature across the length of the blade, making it great for the rocking and and slicing motion without having to lift your arm as high. Both blades are made from the same materials and are fully forged in Germany, and both are excellent every-day, all-around knives. It really comes down to which shape you prefer.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2018-08-05

Is there a six inch knife with the same characteristics - our six inch knife's point broke off through misuse by worker. It is No. 31061 - 160 mm 6 inch no stain FRIODUR

Asked by: Robert and Sandra
Yes! We make the same knife, the ZWILLING Pro Chef's Knife in 6" (38405-163). It is sometimes referred to as the "6" Wide," though that is just because of the blade profile makes it appear. We also make 6" Chef's knives in all of the lines that use this same steel, Four Star, Four Star II, Twin Signature, and Prefessional "S". The ZWILLING Pro, however, is the only one with this unique blade shape. http://www.zwillingonline.com/38405163.html
Date published: 2017-08-14

how do I sharpen my 10" pro chef knife

Asked by: rando
There are several ways to sharpen your Pro chef's knife (or any of our non-serrated knives). First, we recommend using a honing steel often. This will keep the edge in alignment without actually sharpening (sharpening removes material, whereas honing realigns the edge). When the time does come to sharpen your knives, there are a few options. We make several pull-through sharpeners that are inexpensive and easy to use. A few pulls and your blade will be very sharp. Most of these have several stages (coarse and fine, sometimes more). Depending on how dull the knives are, you may or may not need to use the coarser stages. http://www.zwillingonline.com/32603301.html http://www.zwillingonline.com/32601000.html There are also many electric sharpeners on the market that will work, as well. These need to be used a little more carefully, as they can remove a lot of material if used incorrectly. The third option is using Japanese waterstone/whetstones. These take a little bit of practice (we recommend learning on a less expensive or less used knife), but will result in the finest edge, especially if used in stages (starting with a coarse grit and working up through a very fine 5,000, 8,000, or 10,000 grit), then polishing with a leather strop. Waterstones have an advantage over traditional whetstones because they do not require honing oil. http://www.zwillingonline.com/32505100.html http://www.zwillingonline.com/34999403.html The fourth option is a professional sharpening service. Many gourmet and kitchen stores offer this service. We also have a mail-in service for which we use the same machines used at the factory for a pristine edge. http://myaccount.zwillingonline.com/mod_zwillingEdge/ If using a service or an electric sharpener, please note that we sharpen our knives to an angle of 15 degrees on either side at the factory. Santokus and other Asian styles are sharpened to 10 degrees, and Miyabi knives are sharpened to 9.5-12 degrees. You can see all of our sharpening products here: http://www.zwillingonline.com/cutlery-zwilling-sharpeners.html
Date published: 2017-01-04
  • y_2019, m_8, d_20, h_12CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_2.0.13
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_9
  • loc_en_US, sid_38401-182, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 118ms
  • questions, product