Details

ZWILLING Pro 5.5-inch Rocking Santoku Knife, hollow edge

$119.99
ZWILLING Pro 5.5-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 397.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_26, h_6
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_105, tr_292
  • loc_en_US, sid_38428-143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 129ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-18-cm_7.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7.00 inch","ID":"18-cm_7.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"38418-183-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true},"no-color-14-cm_5.50-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"5.50 inch","ID":"14-cm_5.50-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 5.50 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"38428-143-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
Variations
Size: 5.50 inch
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 119 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. A unique curved bolster supports the professional pinch grip, with thumb and index finger on the blade, for safe cutting and less fatigue. The blade was redesigned with a broader curve in the front to facilitate the rocking motion of Western cutting, while the straight back is ideal for the Asian chopping motion. The full length of the blade can be used when cutting and can be sharpened from bolster to tip Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, the company that sets the standard for exceptional cutlery worldwide. The ZWILLING Pro Rocking Santoku is a functional hybrid between the traditional Japanese and Western style blades.

• Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
  • POM handle is durable and resiliant
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
  • Dishwasher safe, had wash recommended
  • Manufactured in Germany

Specifications

• Item no. 38428-143
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: special formula steel
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: hollow edge
  • Edge finishing: Razor edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.37 lbs
  • Length of product: 10.63 in
  • Width of product: 1.57 in
  • Height of product: 0.71 in
  • Blade length: 5.51 in
  • Handle length: 4.33 in
ZWILLING Pro 5.5-inch Rocking Santoku Knife, hollow edge
4.9 (397)
Added to basket View basket checkout

USER - FRIENDLY, GERMAN - MADE KNIVES

ZWILLING Pro is our most chef-friendly knife on the market. These versatile knives were designed to support the professional pinch grip for safe and controlled use.

INNOVATIVE BOLSTER

Unique curved bolster acts as an extension of the hand, encouraging cutting with improved precision, safety, and comfort.

SUPERIOR STEEL

Proudly made in Germany, our specially formulated German stainless steel has been perfected for almost 300 years.

QUALITY PRODUCTION

As the largest manufacturer of knives globally, we own our factories so we can control the quality at every step of production

ZWILLING Pro 5.5-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 397.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best Knife I've Ever Used This is a hybrid of a santoku & a western chefs knife. It's the best knife I've ever used! Perfect weight & feels very comfortable in my hand. The balance guides you & facilitates correct usage. Easy to use whether cutting, chopping or mincing. The pinch grip is comfortable & there's good knuckle clearance. The indentation at the top gives the top hand a place to rest when rocking. I've used this for cutting very hard vegetables (carrots & squash) as well as tiny items (olives) with ease. It was perfect with cherry tomatoes & didn't cause them to burst. Highly recommend this for everyone!
Date published: 2018-03-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Pro knives are the perfect construction! Forged from high carbon German steel, they have perfect weight, balance and amazing edge retention. The curved bolster ensures that you are holding the knife correctly every time. This little santoku can rock like a chef's knife or chop like a traditional flat edge santoku. The small Asian edge angle makes it razor sharp, even sharper than the chef knife. The dimples help keep food sticking to your blade. This is a perfect knife for smaller vegetables and fruit, as well as perfect for the person who feels a 7 or 8" blade is simply too much to handle.
Date published: 2020-04-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Comfortable and very easy to use! I could be biased from years of cutting with less than ideal knives, but i love this knife and the pro line. The way the bolster is designed makes it extremely comfortable for a pinch grip, and the shape of the handle makes the knives feel comfortable and secure in my hand. Mincing herbs is so much easier now with the rocking shape, and in general the sharp blade and design make meal prep work so much more enjoyable. My sister has cutco knives and personally I like these better. It all depends on how the knife feels in your hand, but for me these are much more comfortable to use. I would definitely recommend this knife and the pro line to my friends and family.
Date published: 2021-11-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Rock and Chop This knife has a very interesting profile. The blade starts out with a typical straight blade, which curves slightly in the front. This is a huge benefit because it allows you the ability to use a rocking motion when cutting as well as a traditional Japanese chopping motion. I use this knife instead of a traditional Chef's knife because it is lighter, sharper and more versatile. The hollow edges prevent food from sticking which makes prep work much quicker. I can't say enough about this knife. I like it so much that I've decided to purchase the smaller version of it for my daughter.
Date published: 2020-06-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Most Amazing Santoku knife This Zwilling Pro 7" Rocking santoku knife is a cross between the best of a chef's and a santoku knife in that the angle is pulled in between the two blades at around 24 degrees to allow you to rock the Santoku knife. This knife is of 3 virtues: it can slice, dice and mince. It has the perfect curved wedge blade geometry on the bolster to prompt you to pinch grip and hold the knife properly. I use this knife almost everyday when I'm in the kitchen and find it to be so comfortable, sharp and easy to use.
Date published: 2020-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I feel like a pro—even if I’m not We bought a Zwilling Pro set last year and love them. No denying that they’re expensive. But I’m this case, you do get what you pay for. These are beautiful, insanely sharp and perfectly weighted. The block had room for 2 more knives. So we went to a Zwilling store and hand picked a mini cleaver and the Rocking Santoku HE (hallow edge). These were the perfect finish to our set. We’ll likely never need another set of knives again. I’m sure their are other knives the “pros” turn to, but I can’t see there being better knives for amateur cooks/chefs than these. IMO
Date published: 2022-01-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellent and fits well I have three other Zwilling Pro knives which I love. They just fit my hand well and are workhorses in the kitchen. This one fits in just like the others. I have a few high end Japanese knives as well but these are my go to knives.
Date published: 2021-01-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from What a gem There is nothing bad to say about this knife I have used it from a friend and I am purchasing one as we speak, the weight the balance the craftsmanship the care of quality all these things are fantastic it’s nice to see a company that truly cares about their cutlery I’m sold, this will not be the only knife I use I have many knives in my collection that I prize,and all of them are (ZWILLING) They are superb cutlery, John.
Date published: 2020-07-10
  • y_2024, m_3, d_26, h_6
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_105, tr_292
  • loc_en_US, sid_38428-143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

If I use the 4 stage Zwilling sharpener, do I sharpen with Zwilling Standard (15 degree) or Asian (10 degree)?

Asked by: Ironmanadman
10 degrees
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2022-03-29

I have one, and love it. I prefer to hone my own knives - could you please tell me the blade edge angle? Thanks

Asked by: Scotty
The blade angle for this knife is 10° on each side.
Date published: 2018-10-01

What sharpness degree is the blade? 15 or 10 degrees. Do I need a special sharpener? I currently have a 15 degree sharpener.

Asked by: Stewart
The blade angle on all of our Santoku knives is approximately 19°-24°, as close to 10° on either side as possible. Most pull-through sharpeners will not work. Santoku and other Japanese knives are best sharpened with stones or steels.
Date published: 2021-12-29

what is the edge degree for sharping? I remember this one is special. And can you make a master list for the pro line well all lines PLEASE

Asked by: GSMDTX
A shame they don't answer your question. I believe it's 10 degrees. Would love to know how to sharpen to such a narrow degree
Answered by: springbank1
Date published: 2018-04-24
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_4
  • loc_en_US, sid_38428-143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 100ms
  • questions, product