Details

ZWILLING Bob Kramer - Meiji 7-pc, Knife block set, brown

$1,599.99
KRAMER by ZWILLING Meiji 7-pc Knife Block Set is rated 4.6 out of 5 by 27.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_26
  • loc_en_US, sid_38270-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 7ms
  • reviews, product
{"brown-7-pcs_7-pc":{"color":{"displayName":"brown","ID":"brown","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color brown is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7-pc","ID":"7-pcs_7-pc","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7-pc is not available for this combination"},"productId":"38270-000-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 1599 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

Forged from remarkable expertise, the Kramer by ZWILLING Meiji knife series is a collaboration between ZWILLING J.A. Henckels and Bob Kramer, the first Master Bladesmith to specialize in kitchen cutlery.The potent core of FC61 fine carbide stainless steel is protected by 100 layers of nickel and stainless steel. Beneath its distinctive exterior, Kramer's distinctive etched ladder Damascus pattern provides added durability. Thanks to an innovative, ice-hardened process, the FRIODURx2 blades offer remarkable durability, sharpness, and cutting performance. The ergonomic charcoal Pakkawood handles have a complex curvature that mirrors the palm, ensuring a secure and supremely comfortable grip. Exquisite to hold and behold, the handles feature a decorative center pin handcrafted in Kramer's Washington workshop.Kramer by ZWILLING Meiji knives boasts 287 years of ZWILLING engineering prowess, Kramer's 19 years of forging experience, and 7 centuries of traditional Japanese craftsmanship. These unparalleled knives are built to last a lifetime.

• Includes: 4" paring knife, 5" utility knife, 8" chef's knife, 9" slicing knife, 10" bread knife, 12" honing steel and 8 slot storage block
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
  • Designed to fit Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer's exacting specifications
  • Fabricated from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offer exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
  • Mirror-polished blade have a distinctive etched ladder Damascus pattern designed by Kramer
  • Hand-honed Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile

Specifications

• Item no. 38270-000
Characteristics
  • Color: brown
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Number of parts: 7
  • Colour handle: brown
  • Substance handle: pakka Wood
Measurements
  • Net weight: 8.90 lbs
ZWILLING Bob Kramer - Meiji 7-pc, Knife block set, brown
4.6 (27)
Added to basket View basket checkout
KRAMER by ZWILLING Meiji 7-pc Knife Block Set is rated 4.6 out of 5 by 27.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Five incredible Bob Kramer Meiji knives in a distinctive block presentation. If you're ready to invest in heirloom knives that will be handed down for generations don't hesitate on this set. The core of these knives is made from FC61 steel which is so hard the edges will stay razor sharp use after use. The patented ice hardening process ensures flexibility and chip resistance. The core is protected by 100 additional layers of nickel and stainless steel to create Kramer's etched ladder damascus pattern. The Pakkawood handle fits perfectly into your palm whether you are left or right handed.
Date published: 2020-04-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great beautifl set I love everything about this set. The unique handle design is very comfortable to hold. The attractive wood is a color like no other. The blade is made from super sharp steel that goes through a double hardening process making a blade that is super thin, sharp and durable. The cutting edge is made to an acute Japanese angle allowing for precise thin cuts and slices. The layered damascus pattern really highlights the craftsmanship in every knife. The block has such a unique design as well being modern yet classic at the same time.
Date published: 2020-07-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from We were in awe! OK, so what made these knives so awesome to us? Not their beauty and balance, which we expected. It was the unexpected. The knives felt and functioned comfortably in the hands of both, myself and my wire. So what?, you may ask. The "so what" is that my wife is left-handed while I am right-handed. Thus it was most unusual and most satisfying to find the knives performed well for both of us. To us, that factor alone greatly elevates the value of these instruments.
Date published: 2019-03-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Block set to perfection! Bob Kramer, the first Master Bladesmith to specialize in kitchen cutlery designed these knives distinctively, a blades offer remarkable durability, sharpness, corrosion resistance and cutting performance. Kramer knife is fabricated from revolutionary potent core of FC61 fine carbide stainless steel is protected by 100 layers of nickel and stainless steel. Storage block is unique, it shows intricacy. Meiji knife has D-shaped handle perfect for left handed chef. This is a really great block set, perfect for a wedding gift and housewarming gift.
Date published: 2020-04-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from What flawless design, and the look great on the countertop... can you say ambidextrous? Although they fit and work well in the right hand; they are just as comfortable and fit perfectly for those left-handed folks too! We had some friends visit from the North and the chef friend of mine just happen to ask if he could help with dinner, I’m not shy, so of course you can help... he just so happens to be left handed, so I offered him the Meiji chef knife to use, to his surprise, he was so surprised, I ended up selling him on the set.
Date published: 2020-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Simply Incredible These are such incredible knives! Not only are they beautiful with the damascus design and redwood handle, they are extremely comfortable. The handle's unique curve fits perfectly in the palm of my hand. True to Bob Kramer's design, the blade is wide which makes every knife more versatile. The blades are razor sharp and hold their edge really well. I'm amazed with this type of knife coming out of Japan, that they are very durable and chip resistant. The FC61 steel is a game changer in knives and their durability.
Date published: 2020-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Absolutely stunning set of knives! Unmatched in today's knife world, these are a special and practical set for the gourmet or professional Chef. Bob Kramer is a name everyone who loves knives should know. This master bladesmith has partnered with Zwilling to make and design knives that are ultra-quality, beautiful and so functional, sharp and durable. The 100 layers of steel combined with pakkawood handles make for pieces of art that last a lifetime! Use one and you'll be convinced you need to own more!
Date published: 2020-04-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best Knives Ever I loved the striations on the knife. But the absolute best thing about it, cutting a crisp apple without any force. Compared to my shun knives, these are one of the best knives I’ve ever handled. Coming from a restaurant owner that spends her day cutting and chopping. I promise you won’t regret it!
Date published: 2020-08-24
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_26
  • loc_en_US, sid_38270-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

Hi, which knives are included??

Asked by: 1121334
This set includes the following pieces: 1. BK Meiji Knife Block 2. BK Meiji 4" Paring Knife 3. BK Meiji 5.5" Utility 4. BK Meiji 8" Chef Knife 5. BK Meiji 10" Bread Knife 6. BK Meiji 9" Slicer Knife 7. BK 12" Sharpening Steel
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-10-09

What is the length of the handle?

Asked by: hweitzell
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_38270-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 4ms
  • questions, product