• reviews, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING Kramer - EUROLINE Carbon Collection 6-inch Chef's Knife
$315.00 $249.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information

The KRAMER by ZWILLING EUROLINE Carbon Collection is the first line created with Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer. With over 18 years of forging experience, Bob has partnered with ZWILLING J.A. Henckels to craft a knife that is an exact replica of the straight carbon steel knives made in his Olympia, Washington workshop.

Bob's design has an extremely wide blade to maximize knuckle clearance for larger hands and for cutting through large produce and piles of food. Chopped food can easily be transported with this impressive, broad blade.

A material nearly lost to the home kitchen, straight carbon steel requires knowledge and care to maintain. In return, owners will be rewarded with a sharpness and keenness of edge that only straight carbon can deliver. Hand-finished with a 3-step process by the most skilled Japanese artisans, the outstanding blade is paired with a stunning handshaped Grenadille wood handle with brass rivets and a Bob Kramer mosaic pin.

• Manufactured in Seki, Japan
  • Straight carbon steel 52100
  • Designed to Master Bladesmith Bob Kramer's exacting specifications
  • Special oil-quenching hardening process
  • Traditional 3-step hand sharpening for exceptionally high sharpness
  • Double-tapered blade and tang
  • Grenadile wood handle with brass rivets and Bob Kramer mosaic pin
  • 61 Rockwell Hardness = exceptional edge retention
Charasteristics
  • Substance: Carbon steel
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
Measurements
  • Blade length: 5.91 in
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 8ms
  • reviews, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;

I'm looking to make a saya for a friend who has this knife, I want it to be a surprise so I can't ask him to use the knife since he lives in another state. Are you able to provide detailed specs of the knife so I can attempt to make a saya that fits snug?

Asked by: Gelogue
The dimensions and weight for this knife are as follows: Tip to Tip 13" Handle 5.1" Blade 7.6" Tip to Handle 7.9" Width of Blade 2.4" Thickness of Blade 0.16" Handle Width 1.3" Handle Thickness 1" Weight 9.62 oz
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-09-16

What is the sharpening angle of this chef knife ?

Asked by: qwerty
The blade/sharpening angle of this knife is 9.5-12°.
Date published: 2019-09-16

I thought carbon steel knives needed only hand honing with a steel.  Are you saying they must be returned periodically for professional sharpening?  How often is this recommended for normal household use and what is the cost?

Asked by: Connecticut woman
Honing will keep the blade straight and help the knife retain its edge. We do recommend having all of all of our (non-serrated) kitchen knives professionally sharpened 1-2 times a year. You can find more information about our knife sharpening service, including cost, here: https://zwillingonline.practicaldatacore.com/mod_zwillingEdge/
Date published: 2018-05-29

Being straight carbon steel won't this knife be prone to rusting ?

Asked by: troy
Yes, carbon steel is prone to rusting if not cared for properly. These knives will develop a natural black or blackish-gray patina over time which will help stave off rust and other corrosion.
Date published: 2018-05-01

If I buy the knife, can I send it as a gift to a friend from Argentina?

Asked by: Rogelio
We are unable to ship outside the US.
Date published: 2018-08-17

This came with a little vial of liquid. Can anyone tell me what that is?

Asked by: jasldjfjasdf
Great question! KRAMER by ZWILLING EUROLINE Carbon Collection 8" chefs knife is accompanied by a small bottle of Camellia oil. The oil can be used on both the blade and handle. When applied to a wood handle, it helps protect it from moisture damage, dirt and UV light. To purchase the complete care kit, please click on the below link: http://www.zwillingonline.com/35000001.html
Date published: 2017-10-19

do you clean the blade ( is marked on both sides ) when I would send it in for your sharpening service

Asked by: Pete43
We do buff and polish the blades when they are sent in for sharpening. It is not always possible to remove every scratch, we would have to see the knife before we could give a definitive answer.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2017-08-06

Do you ship to the UK? If so what are the shipping/custom charges? Many thanks

Asked by: cmchsmjm
Unfortunately, we are unable to ship outside of the Us or US territories.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2017-04-11
  • y_2019, m_11, d_20, h_2CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.3-b1
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_10
  • loc_en_US, sid_34941-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 133ms
  • questions, product