• Black Matte
$165.00
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

$165.00
In Stock Free Shipping for Orders over $59
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING Kanren 4 - inch Paring Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 11.
  • y_2020, m_7, d_8, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_11
  • loc_en_US, sid_54030-103, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 124ms
  • reviews, product

Description

Kanren, which means “connection” in Japanese, is a collection that beautifully illustrates the union of German engineering with Japanese craftsmanship. This handy, compact blade is designed for slicing and dicing fruit, vegetables, and smaller cuts of meat. The FC61 core is embedded in 48 layers of stainless steel which make up the unique Damascus pattern on the knife, protecting the blade from corrosion and chipping. The cutting edge is Honbazuke-honed in Seki, Japan, a three-stage grinding, sharpening, and polishing process that results in razor-like sharpness. With its curved bolster and comfortable black linen Micarta handle, this knife delivers the ultimate in ergonomic, fatigue-free cutting.
  • Compact 4-in. paring knife for slicing and dicing fruit, vegetables, and smaller cuts of meat
  • F61 steel core protected from corrosion and chipping by 48 layers of stainless steel in a beautiful damascus pattern
  • Blade is Honbazuke-honed by Japanese artisans
  • Curved bolster for optimal comfort and fatigue-free cutting
  • Beautiful black linen Micarta handle
  • Made in Seki, Japan
  • BPA-free

Specifications

• Item no. 54030-103
Characteristics
  • Color: Black
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
Measurements
  • Blade length: 3.94 in
ZWILLING Kanren 4-inch Paring knife
$165.00
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
ZWILLING Kanren 4 - inch Paring Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 11.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Incredible Parer The paring knife is one of the essential knives everyone needs to own, but it doesn't have to be boring. This is knife is not only beautiful with its Damascus blade, but it's razor sharp, true to Japanese knives. Unlike most Japanese knives, it's made of a very durable, chip resistant steel that protects that thin, sharp edge. I love the western style handle that's comfortable and is made of micarta that has the look and feel of wood, but is as durable as a synthetic material. . The curved bolster, an innovative feature of the Zwilling Pro knives, makes it incredibly comfortable in every hand.
Date published: 2020-05-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from What's not to love about this Kanren paring knife?! This versatile little knife combines all the best that Zwilling and Miyabi have to offer: an ergonomic, comfortable handle that balances the knife out; an innovative curved bolster for the optimal pinch grip; and lastly, an incredibly sharp and durable blade, reenforced with 49 layers of steel for long-term use. Not to mention, the black micarta handle and Damascus pattern on the blade make this knife as beautiful as it is functional. You'll love cutting with this Kanren parer!
Date published: 2020-05-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Kanren is a gorgeous Zwilling X Miyabi (think East meets West) line and this knife is one of my most used knives in the kitchen! I always have this knife close at hand when I am working in the kitchen. I bake so I am constantly peeling things, mostly fruits, but some vegetables as well. It is perfect for peeling the fruits and it is super sharp; often I can get that peel off in one long piece! The black linen handle is very comfortable in my hand and makes the small tedious work easy!
Date published: 2020-05-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from a beautiful paring knife The best of both worlds with this knife collection, the Zwilling Kanren paring knife is a great knife for peeling fruits and veggies, for sectioning fruits like oranges. The beautiful 48 layers of the FC61 steel is aesthetically appealing, looks great with the Micarta handle. I love that they incorporated the curved bolster from Zwilling’s Pro collection, giving you the perfect placement for your hand to grip the knife safely and securely.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This paring knife is a little over sized to take on all those small projects in the kitchen. Easily pares and peels along with creating garnish. These knives are an exceptional example of German engineering melding with Japanese craftsmanship. Each knife is made from FC 61 steel which is used in razor blades, which speaks to its cutting edge retention, chip resistance and strength. A total of 48 layers of beautiful Damascus steel surround the core. Hand sharpened and honed, each one of these knives are hand crafted by 46 Japanese artists in Seki Japan. The curved bolster enables the whole length of the blade to be used for cutting and chopping and also creates a comfortable grip to ease wrist fatigue. The linen Micarta handle has a gorgeous wood look that feels firm and safe to grip. The impeccable balance, weight, stunning appearance and acute edge makes Kanren a must have knife.
Date published: 2020-05-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Pare Away East meets West in this knife. It is made in Japan but has Western elements. The core of the blade is made from FC61 carbide and its surrounded by 48 layers of additional steel which creates a beautiful Damascus pattern. The bolster is curved and perfect to hold with a pinch grip. The handle is made from black linen micarta and is extremely comfortable even when working on detailed jobs.
Date published: 2020-05-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect Pairing An awesome pairing of the best German-cutlery know how in a Japanese profiled knife. Razor sharp blade layered with stainless steel offers high corrosion resistance. The curved bolster promotes a pinch grip allowing a secure grip. Great knife for small detailed cutting tasks and the comfortable handle makes hand-held cutting easy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from My kitchen workhorse knife! As the name of this collection states, the Kanren truly shows the perfection of the "connection" between German and Japanese work in knife crafting. This paring knife is great for peeling and cutting smaller ingredients. It has the perfect shape for easy handling and a great balance in the knife's weight. The F61 steel core blade is resistant to corrosion thanks to the 48 layers of stainless steel and results in the GORGEOUS Damascus pattern. The Micarta handle is also beautiful and I can't help notice its pretty pattern when I use it. The ergonomic handle itself is super comfortable to hold and makes for effortless handling. This paring knife is easily my go-to for small-scale cutting and/or peeling small fruits and vegetables, as well as cutting small meat and can be used for larding. A quality knife such as this really allows you to let the knife do the work. The enjoyable experience comes as no surprise from this premium Japanese knife! This knife is a must-have and an ideal gifting for any occasion.
Date published: 2020-05-18
  • y_2020, m_7, d_8, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_11
  • loc_en_US, sid_54030-103, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 12ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 118ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;