Details

ZWILLING Gourmet 6-inch, Cleaver

$119.99
ZWILLING Gourmet 6-inch Meat Cleaver is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 55.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_13, tr_42
  • loc_en_US, sid_36115-153, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 140ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-15-cm_6.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6.00 inch","ID":"15-cm_6.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"36115-153-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 119 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

The premium cutlery pioneer ZWILLING J.A. Henckels has been crafting notable knives since 1731. Respected as an innovator in the industry, the company remains true to its roots: a strong commitment to quality and excellence.ZWILLING Gourmet is the go-to knife for home chefs eager for their everyday knife to be exceptional. The single-piece, precision-stamped blade construction is lighter than forged knives, allowing for maximum maneuverability.Proudly crafted in Germany, the knives are made of special-formula steel that has been perfected for over 285 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, the blades are harder, sharper, they will not stain or chip and they retain their sharpness longer.The ergonomic, triple-riveted handle ensures fatigue-free cutting. Experience the comfort, durability, and sharpness of ZWILLING Gourmet.

• Made in Germany
  • Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
  • Precision-stamped from a single-piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensure ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Traditional three-riveted handle with a full tang provides maximum comfort and stability while cutting
  • Highly durable POM handle has stainless steel rivets that balance blade and handle perfectly
  • Center rivet is laser inscribed with ZWILLING logo

Specifications

• Item no. 36115-153
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: special formula steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Edge finishing: V-edge
  • Manufacturing method: laser cut
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.88 lbs
  • Length of product: 10.83 in
  • Width of product: 0.79 in
  • Height of product: 3.03 in
  • Blade length: 5.91 in
  • Handle length: 4.53 in
  • Handle width: 0.79 in
  • Blade width: 0.12 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.12 in
ZWILLING Gourmet 6-inch, Cleaver
4.7 (55)
Added to basket View basket checkout
ZWILLING Gourmet Knife Series

About The ZWILLING Gourmet Cutlery Series

ZWILLING Gourmet 6-inch Meat Cleaver is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 55.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from This cleaver is a quality knife made in Germany with specially formulated steel but it is stamped instead of forged so in addition to a more competitive price point it is a bit lighter than a forged knife which many home chefs enjoy. A cleaver was designed to be used on meat but is also good for hard vegetables such as squash. Not just for cutting up bone in meat it is also good for cubing or mincing meat. The large surface area is useful for scooping up chopped items and the flat side can be used to smash items such as lemongrass or garlic.
Date published: 2020-04-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I love Gourmet I think this is such a great line of knives. It's perfect for someone who wants the quality of a knife made from high carbon German steel and made in Germany. A knife that has the durable three rivet handle but doesn't want to the weight or price of a forged knife. This is a stamped knife so it is a lighter than a forged knife. For me, this is particularly helpful with a cleaver that is heavy by design. I feel much more comfortable handling this and it's still sharp and thick enough to chop through any meat or bones with ease.
Date published: 2020-04-13
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Bad customer service Love the knife but very disappointed in the customer service from Zwilling’s. I emailed and called numerous times on my order and never received a response. The shipping time took several weeks opposed to the 1-2 days as posted on the website! A little customer service goes a long way and would have kept me as a customer.
Date published: 2020-10-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Gourmet 6" cleaver is perfect for the home chef. Nice compact design makes it easy to handle, and less intimidating than some of the larger cleavers available. Hacks through bones, and dices and slices tons of vegetables in no time. Love that it is made in Germany, from high carbon steel which means that it is well constructed and will last a long time. Great investment, looking forward to many years of use. Zwilling makes the only knives I use in my kitchen because I know they are built to last.
Date published: 2021-01-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I'm writing this review after watching my husband go to town on the ribs he wanted to smoke. It scared me a bit but he had always wanted a meat cleaver so this is the one that was recommended. First of all... IT IS HEAVY, but I think that's the point, it has cut thru chicken bones like they were styrofoam, and judging by the smile on his face did some serious work on those rib bones. The Zwilling knives have always been the bes, this has now been added to the collection!
Date published: 2020-04-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A great Cleaver This knife is so big, which is great if you are really chopping up a lot of produce or cutting large pieces of meat. The handle on this knife is comfortable and has a good grip for handling such a large blade. Even though it’s stamped, because the steel has been ice hardened, it’s a superior stamped knife that will be more durable and sharper in comparison to other stamped cleavers. Looks a lot like the forged Zwilling Pro knives, but at a much nicer price point.
Date published: 2020-03-31
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Makes quick work of meats and bones. This is a very good meat cleaver for home cooking. Excellent for breaking down chickens, smaller pork and lamb bones. It isn't a full on butchery knife but for home use, and restaurant prep work, I like it a lot. It holds an edge and is heavy enough to give a little help when I am cutting through bones. Its lightness, and relative thinness, makes it good for meal prep. The Gourmet line is a very good line of stamped knives. They are manufactured under tight controls and precise standards at Zwilling’s factory in Solingen, Germany. They have a full tang, running from the tip to the heel of the handle making these knives sturdy and stable. The comfortable handle is solid without being heavy. Because the composition of the steel, these knives will stay sharp and responsive with every cut. Dishwasher safe, but hand wash to keep it looking new.
Date published: 2020-04-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from chop chop This is the perfect cleaver. Too many cleavers are heavy and rely on that weight to cut through. This one relies on the quality of the blade. The German steel and construction produce a strong sharp blade that is easy to maintain. The handle is comfortable and gives me confidence when using it. I love the traditional three rivet design with the Zwilling logo on the center rivet.
Date published: 2020-07-21
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_13, tr_42
  • loc_en_US, sid_36115-153, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

Which cleavers can be used for meat and bones. The description does not say this can't be used for meat, but a sticker inside says "this Chinese knife is designed for vegetables . . . Do NOT use to chop meat or bones or delicate blade may break" what?!

Asked by: Shell12
ZWILLING PRO 6-INCH, CLEAVER most of our Cleavers are for small fine Bones
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2021-02-18
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_36115-153, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 100ms
  • questions, product