150.00 $119.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -20%
150.00 $119.99
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 54.
  • y_2020, m_9, d_17, h_16
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_12, tr_42
  • loc_en_US, sid_31119-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 7ms
  • reviews, product

Description

FOUR STAR is the top-selling knife series of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels worldwide. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, this celebrated collection is the model of safety, ergonomics, and comfort. Thanks to their seamless transition from bolster to handle, the knives are comfortable to use for long periods of time. The bolster provides the right balance while acting as a safe finger guard.The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Precision-forged from a single piece of steel, the SIGMAFORGE knives have an exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade.
  • Manufactured in Germany
  • Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Ergonomic polypropylene handles permanently bonded for seamless accuracy and gaps
  • 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
  • Edge angle 10 degrees per side

Specifications

• Item no. 31119-183
Characteristics
  • Color: no-color
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: German Stainless Steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: Hollow ground
  • Edge finishing: Razor edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.44 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.60 in
  • Width of product: 1.77 in
  • Height of product: 0.98 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
  • Handle length: 4.53 in
ZWILLING Four Star 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
$150.00 $119.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 54.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I grew up with the Four Star line in my parents kitchen and now that I am on my own I didn't even think of looking for another blade. The handle material is super comfortable and gives me confidence in my grip. The traditional blade design has never changed and is consistently sharp and stays sharp for a long time. Im so glad that some things never change. The German quality and engineering really shine through here. The Santoku shape is great for all of my slicing and chopping needs. The acute angle gives me nice straight cuts.
Date published: 2020-07-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Thisis a great knife! This knife has a lighter handle that all or the other ones I have. It is very easy to use and I do not mind cooking now that I have knives that make preparation time so much easier and takes less time.
Date published: 2020-09-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from 7.09-inch Hollow ground Santoku knife LOVE, LOVE it!!! Wonderful knife to work with. Great balance and really like the Santoku feature! Can't say enough good things! I'm wondering why I didn't get one sooner!
Date published: 2019-09-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Light, Comfortable and Sharp German Steel! This is a perfect length for someone who's looking for not so small or not so big on their hand, at the same time you'll have perfect control of the knife. Comfortable and balanced size, will quickly become the go-to knife for everyday tasks. It's the most easiest to sharpen, it has a unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster. Whether chopping, slicing, or dicing, the broad blade are comfortable in the hand. This can is a vegetable knife, large fruit knife, and a meat knife as well.
Date published: 2020-03-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Light Weight, Top Quality This light weight Santoku is perfect for someone who prefers a smaller blade and lighter knife for chopping but doesn't want to give up quality. It's great to chop small fruits and vegetables or even slice through small pieces of meat. Four Star is a top quality knife forged from high carbon German steel, made in Germany just the same as the Pro knives. The difference is in the handle construction; it has a molded handle instead of three rivets making it lighter.
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Raizor Sharp Edge The santoku is the ultimate chopping knife. It has a raizor sharp edge, very close to the Japanese edge angle. This makes it so easy to slice up an onion with ease and very little tears. The molded handle is the perfect solution for someone who prefers a lighter knife but doesn't want to sacrifice quality. The knife is made in Germany, forged from high carbon German steel and is guaranteed to last a lifetime just like the Pro knife.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by from This knife is perfect for vegetable prep. It is made from German Special Formula Steel, also forged from one piece of steel so durable for a lifetime. It is also ice hardened so blade will stay sharper for a longer period. The knife has unique hollow edges that help move food away from the blade while cutting, quicker and more efficient. The handle is comfortable and lightweight, a nice option compared to other heavy handle knives.
Date published: 2020-05-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by from This knife is perfect for quick jobs in the kitchen. It is made from German Special Formula Steel, also forged from one piece of steel so durable for a lifetime. The knife has hollow edges that help move food away from the blade as it chops - does your job quicker and more efficiently. The handle is comfortable and lightweight, a nice option compared to other heavy handle knives.
Date published: 2020-05-28
  • y_2020, m_9, d_17, h_16
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_12, tr_42
  • loc_en_US, sid_31119-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product

Is this knife a single bevel blade?

Asked by: Lkb5
This knife is symmetrical, at 10-12° per side.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-01-05

for the 7" four star Santoku - what is the blade width My block has a 2" slot available

Asked by: tim k
The 7" Santoku is 1.7" wide.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-12-04
  • y_2020, m_9, d_17, h_16CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_31119-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • questions, product