125.00 $69.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -44%
125.00 $69.99
In Stock Free Shipping for Orders over $59
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 7-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 32.
  • y_2020, m_7, d_13, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_10, tr_22
  • loc_en_US, sid_31098-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 131ms
  • reviews, product

Description

FOUR STAR is the top-selling knife series of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels worldwide. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, this celebrated collection is the model of safety, ergonomics, and comfort. Thanks to their seamless transition from bolster to handle, the knives are comfortable to use for long periods of time. The bolster provides the right balance while acting as a safe finger guard.The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Precision-forged from a single piece of steel, the SIGMAFORGE knives have an exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade.
  • Manufactured in Germany
  • Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Ergonomic polypropylene handles permanently bonded for seamless accuracy and gaps
  • 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
  • Edge angle 10 degrees per side

Specifications

• Item no. 31098-183
Characteristics
  • Color: no-color
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: German Stainless Steel
  • Type of edge: Hollow ground
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.56 lbs
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
ZWILLING Four Star 7-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku Knife
$125.00 $69.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 7-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 32.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from A favorite of home chef's This blade design is one of our most popular. The width of the face and arc of the blade make it a work horse in the kitchen. Excellent for chopping vegetables, slicing fruit, cutting up meat and poultry. The hollow grooves reduce friction and cuts down on the food riding up the blade and getting in the way. The Four Star line has been a part of our lineup forever. It was designed with working kitchens in mind, so it will live up to just about anything a home kitchen can come up with. The comfortable handle and slightly lighter weight makes this a knife you can work with for hours.
Date published: 2020-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Try a rocking santoku! You probably have your favorite chef's knife like I do and wonder why you'd need a santoku but after you try it you'll realize how handy it is for chopping veggies and prepping a meal. The hollow air pockets on the edge help to release food as you slice so it doesn't stick causing you to have to pause and swipe away whatever you're cutting. The handle on the Four Star is very comfortable...no slipping it feels nice and secure in your hand. The steel of course is Zwilling special formula steel so you can be sure it will stay sharper longer and resist corrosion.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Rock it, Chop It Whether you're a rocker or a chopper, this is the knife for you. This blade shape is curved slightly so you can rock true to a chef knife's function, but has that raizor edge, slightly straight shape so you can chop like a santoku. It also has the "dimples" of the santoku which helps keep foods from sticking to your knife. The Four Star knife is lighter in design because of the molded handle but has all the great features of the Pro line...forged, high carbon German steel and made in Germany. Quality at a more affordable price.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from new addition to my forever set I have been using Zwilling Four Star knives for years. I am so happy that they are standing by their design and still adding pieces to it. I love this new shape. Its a cross between my chefs knife and santoku. The curved shape is great for slicing and mincing. It makes quick work of my chopped salads. All the classic Four Star features are there as well. The high carbon forged German stainless steel stays nice and sharp and is easy to maintain. The comfort grip on the handle is my favorite part.
Date published: 2020-06-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from 7-inch Hollow ground Rocking Santoku LOVE, LOVE this knife! The weight and balance feel wonderful and it's a great addition to my knife sets!
Date published: 2019-10-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This is a really cool knife! I can use it like my chef knife because there is a decent curve to the blade but the back half of the blade is fairly flat for easy chopping. It had those lovely little hollow spots that release food easily. The handle on the 4 star is so comfortable, its smooth all the way around with no corners and is very non slip as well. Great deal on a great new style knife!
Date published: 2020-04-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love my new knife. Has a bit of weight to easily slice and cut without bruising. Very sharp and food doesn't stick to the knife like a flat blade. Extremely happy with the knife. Was sent the wrong order at first, but mistake was corrected immediately by customer service and got the correct order within a week. I left a call back and was contacted within a day. Good customer service.
Date published: 2020-02-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Four Star knives are a great series and are both comfortable in the hand and last a long time! German steel for a Japanese-inspired knife with the hallow edge for working with a knife clean of the veggies that will fall off when cutting and slicing. This is one of my most used knives and can usually replace a Chef knife for its many uses.
Date published: 2020-03-31
  • y_2020, m_7, d_13, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_10, tr_22
  • loc_en_US, sid_31098-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 11ms
  • reviews, product

Which sharpener should I use with this knife?

Asked by: Sury
We always recommend using a sharpening/honing steel often. When the blade is dull and needs resharpening, you can use a pull-through sharpener or waterstones. Please note that we sharen our blades to 15 degrees on each side. Any of our ZWILLING/TWIN pull-through sharpeners are appropriate. We also offer a mail-in sharpening service where we use the factory machines to resharpen blades by hand.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2020-01-11
  • y_2020, m_7, d_13, h_15CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_31098-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 129ms
  • questions, product