100.00 $79.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -20%
100.00 $79.99
In Stock Free Shipping for Orders over $59
Ships within 1-2 days
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 5-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 18.
  • y_2020, m_7, d_9, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_17
  • loc_en_US, sid_31098-143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 92ms
  • reviews, product

Description

FOUR STAR is the top-selling knife series of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels worldwide. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, this celebrated collection is the model of safety, ergonomics, and comfort. Thanks to their seamless transition from bolster to handle, the knives are comfortable to use for long periods of time. The bolster provides the right balance while acting as a safe finger guard.The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Precision-forged from a single piece of steel, the SIGMAFORGE knives have an exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade.
  • Manufactured in Germany
  • Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
  • SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
  • Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
  • Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
  • Ergonomic polypropylene handles permanently bonded for seamless accuracy and gaps
  • 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
  • Edge angle 10 degrees per side

Specifications

• Item no. 31098-143
Characteristics
  • Color: no-color
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: German Stainless Steel
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 55-58 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.42 lbs
  • Blade length: 5.12 in
ZWILLING Four Star 5-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku Knife
$100.00 $79.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 5-inch Hollow Edge Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 18.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Razor Sharp Edge You can't go wrong with this small santoku! It has a razor edge which cuts through an onion like going through butter. Other knives have 15 degree edge, but the santokus have a 10 degree which makes them super sharp. The curved blade is easy to rock or chop with, whatever your preference. Four Star is made in Germany, forged from high carbon German steel and is guaranteed to last a lifetime just like the Pro knife. Its fine edge will have amazing edge retention. The molded handle is the perfect solution for someone who prefers a lighter knife but doesn't want to sacrifice quality.
Date published: 2020-04-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This is a great rocking santoku I love a rocking santoku blade and this is a great option for that style. I love how lightweight it is and how it won’t get heavy in your hand while you are using the knife. I also like how durable and sharp the blade is thanks to Zwilling’s proprietary forging and ice hardening processes; the high carbon stainless steel does a great job of lasting a long time and maintaining its sharpness. A great multipurpose knife, you can slice, dice and mince with comfort and control with this knife. A smaller blade size than the 7”, but still very useful for cutting large pieces of fruit and veggies.
Date published: 2020-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Your Chef's knife will miss you Once you try a rocking santoku you may not reach for your traditional chef's knife as much as you used to. The santoku has a super sharp blade that is excellent for chopping and with the added curved tip you'll be able to use this one now for the horizontal rocking motion as well. Hollow air pockets along the edge help to keep food from sticking to your blade as you slice. The Four Star series has a comfortable non slip molded handle that feels good in the palm of your hand and although sturdy and forged these are lighter weight so no cutting fatigue.
Date published: 2020-04-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Rock and roll This is my favorite knife because it takes the best part of the Japanese santoku knife and the German chef's knife. The wide blade of the santoku knife is great for moving food from the cutting board to the pan and the ovals on the side of the blade makes it so that food doesn't stick while I'm cutting. The curve that is typically on a chef's knife makes it easy to keep the tip of the blade on the board to rock through the food. The handle is very comfortable to use.
Date published: 2020-05-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Feels German, cuts Asian This 5" rocking santoku is the best of both worlds. Made from one piece of premium German Steel that has been ice hardened for longer edge retention it also has all the attributes of an Asian style blade with a 10 degree edge and hollows to keep foor from sticking to the blade. This knife will quickly become your favorite for all those small chopping, mincing and cubing projects.
Date published: 2020-04-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Rocks & glide with Four Star! I like every rocking santoku I owned, it's Asian knife! This 5" is perfect in my hand, comfortable and lighter. Balanced knife will quickly become the go-to knife for everyday tasks. Ergonomic polypropylene handles permanently bonded for seamless accuracy and gaps. This knife motion can be gliding, chopping style or rocking. Hand washing is recommended.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A superb knife from the Four Star collection. This 5" Santoku is a bit easier to hold and work with for my smaller hands, than the 7". Great for that rocking motion for cutting veggies and more. The hollow edges mean the food will not stick to the blade. Ice-hardened technique for a stay-sharp blade that stays durable.
Date published: 2020-04-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great for quick jobs like cutting an apple or chopping a carrot over a soup pot. Four Star knives made from German Special Formula Steel and forges from one piece of steel so the steel so super durable. The handle is comfortable and lightweight, a nice option compared to other heavy handle knives.
Date published: 2020-04-25
  • y_2020, m_7, d_9, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_17
  • loc_en_US, sid_31098-143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product

What is the max width of this blade at the bolster end? I really liked the 7-inch version of this knife, and I have an empty slot left in my knife block but want to make sure that the 5-inch will fit in this slot. Thanks!

Asked by: Weirdbeard
The blade is no more than 2.75" at its widest point and should fit one of the wider slots in our Zwilling/Twin blocks.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-05-08

how do you sharpen this type of knife?

Asked by: grammie
Yes, we do! Please follow the link below for information on the ZWILLING Edge Sharpening Service. We use the same equipment that is used in our factory to hand sharpen knives back to their original sharpness. http://myaccount.zwillingonline.com/mod_zwillingEdge/
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2017-11-05
  • y_2020, m_7, d_10, h_15CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_31098-143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 128ms
  • questions, product