• cream

Promotions

YOU SAVE: -33%
90.00 $59.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

This item is currently not available.

This item is out of stock
As soon as it's available again, you will receive an e-mail from us.
This field is required.
Your request has been saved. We'll notify you when it's available again.
YOU SAVE: -33%
90.00 $59.99
Staub 11-inch Chicken Al Mattone Ceramic Press is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 16.
  • y_2020, m_10, d_30, h_17
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_16
  • loc_en_US, sid_40508-635, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 163ms
  • reviews, product

Description

• Ultra-heavy glazed ceramic Chicken Al Mattone press retains moisture and ensures even browning
  • Oversized handles and knob allow easy maneuvering even while wearing oven mitts

Specifications

• Item no. 40508-635
Characteristics
  • Color: cream
  • Country of origin: China
  • Substance: Ceramic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 5.00 lbs
  • Length of product: 10.98 in
  • Width of product: 10.98 in
  • Height of product: 1.81 in
  • Upper diameter: 11.02 in
Staub Ceramics 11-inch Chicken Al Mattone Ceramic Press
$90.00 $59.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
Staub 11-inch Chicken Al Mattone Ceramic Press is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 16.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I try to use kitchen tools for as many dishes as possible, to make foods taste better and add flavor. This is one example, that although I used it first for chicken, to add crispness to the skin and keep the flavor in, I then tried it for paninis, grilled cheeses, anything I can think of and still figuring out new ways to use this! It adds quite a bit of weight and I know people who use bricks, but this seems a bit better, if you can utilize it in many ways. Fun to find new recipes that may use this to make foods better!
Date published: 2020-05-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Better than a brick! I used to cook my "brick" chicken with a brick wrapped in foil. Now that I have this Mattone I no longer need to use a building product! The weight of this press is just right to seal in juices and provide heat from above without damaging the protein. I heat this up in the oven while I'm browning the meat and then place it on top of the pan and pop it all back into the oven. Can also be used for pork chops, steaks, flank steak and so on. The ceramic is super easy to clean and also dishwasher safe.
Date published: 2020-05-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Chicken Press This is a great way to cook chicken. Whether you spatchcock it or cut it into pieces the weight of this press is just right for getting the skin crispy. This works best with the Staub 12-inch grill or griddle. (My personal preference is the griddle; more crispiness.) Or you can use it with other pans, or even the BBQ grill. I like this ceramic press more than other materials because it's easy to clean (dishwasher) and I can use it for pannini (not too heavy).
Date published: 2020-05-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by from This press may not be the most versatile piece but it sure does help make a delicious dish. I've used this press a couple of times and have been extremely impressed with the results. It's the ideal weight of course and easy to keep clean and store. If you've never made chicken under a brick, I would highly suggest challenging your culinary skills and buy this press for that recipe.
Date published: 2020-04-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Handy Press Lid! This press lid can be handy in so many ways. It is perfect for a panini sandwich, quesadilla, and frying bacon keeping it flat. This lid keeps the heat evenly in between the food and the pot, ensures the poultry and the meat is cooks evenly, tender, and flavorful! This press lid will complement your Staub grill pan, creating beautiful grill marks on your food!
Date published: 2020-04-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Ceramic Press At five pounds, this ceramic press weighs down chicken to a uniform thickness for crispy skin and tender moist flavorful results. Can also use for pressed/grilled sandwiches. Size will work with any skillet, sauté or flat pan larger than eleven inches. Dishwasher safe.
Date published: 2020-04-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Zwilling Employee Many things can be used as a press, none so elegant as the Mattone for Staub. The glazed ceramic is pretty and easy to clean. The mattone is weighted just so for even and consistent protein to pan contact. this can be used for paninis, bacon or to sear a steak qiockly.
Date published: 2020-05-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I actually use to take a few bricks out of the backyard, wash and wrap in foil and use as a press for whole chickens. This solves that problem perfectly. I use it all the time and chicken comes out browned and crispy just the way we like it. Easy to clean
Date published: 2020-04-06
  • y_2020, m_10, d_30, h_17
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_16
  • loc_en_US, sid_40508-635, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 12ms
  • reviews, product

Can you use this on the 3.75 qt Brazier?

Asked by: ddra
While this product is designed for a perfect fit with the Staub Cast Iron 12" Chicken al Mattone Griddle, you may use it with the braiser.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-04-26
  • y_2020, m_10, d_30, h_17CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_40508-635, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 137ms
  • questions, product