Details

Staub Cast Iron 5.75 qt, Oval, Cocotte, Black Matte - Visual Imperfections

$349.99

Braise roasts and bake whole chicken in this roomy Dutch oven

• Enameled cast iron for prefect browning
  • Tight-fitting lid keeps food moist
  • Made in France
STAUB Cast Iron 5.75-qt Oval Cocotte - Visual Imperfections - Matte Black is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 32.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_20, tr_12
  • loc_en_US, sid_11093125, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 101ms
  • reviews, product
{"black-31-cm_5.75-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"black matte","ID":"black","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color black matte is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"5.75 qt","ID":"31-cm_5.75-qt","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 5.75 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40509-319-5","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false}}
Out Of Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 349 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

This product may have minor visual imperfections, though this will not affect the product's performance. This may include discoloration, blemishes, or chips that have been enameled over.

The oval Dutch oven offers the ideal shape for braising whole roasts or baking whole chicken and duck. And like all STAUB cocottes, this roomy pan is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meat and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups.

Enameled cast iron requires no seasoning and possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. With a heavy weight, tight-fitting lid that retains moisture and tiny bumps on the lid interior that create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food, you can expect moist, perfectly cooked food every time you use this pan.

Rooted in French culinary heritage, STAUB cookware is beloved by professional and home chefs for its exquisite craftsmanship, exceptional performance, and timeless beauty. Each STAUB cocotte effortlessly and elegantly transitions from the oven to the table - you can cook and serve in the same dish. These heirloom pieces can be lovingly passed from generation to generation.

• Ideal for cooking roasts and whole chicken
  • Textured black matte enamel interior requires no seasoning and ensures exceptional browning, and heat retention and distribution
  • Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including induction
  • Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
  • Oven safe to 500°F
  • Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
  • Made in France

Specifications

• Item no. 11093125
Characteristics
  • Color: black matte
  • Country of origin: France
  • Heat resistance: 464.00 F
  • Cold resistance: -4.00 F
  • Substance: cast iron
  • Marketing name coating: Black Matt
  • Lid existing: Yes
  • Induction: Yes
  • Oven-safe: Yes
  • Freezer-safe: Yes
  • Stovetop-safe: Yes
  • Dishwasher-safe: Yes
Measurements
  • Net weight: 13.67 lbs
  • Capacity: 5.81 qt
  • Length of product: 14.76 in
  • Width of product: 12.20 in
  • Height of product: 6.57 in
  • Height without lid: 4.65 in
  • Upper diameter: 12.20 in
  • Upper diameter 2: 9.84 in
  • Bottom diameter: 9.84 in
  • Handle length: 1.18 in
Added to basket View basket checkout
STAUB Cast Iron 5.75-qt Oval Cocotte - Visual Imperfections - Matte Black is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 32.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from never been more pleased with Staub! This is my second Dutch oven from Staub. I bought the first round one at full price. Its performance is amazing and so lovely to look at. I decided to get a second one! But since they are expensive I settled for one with "visual imperfections" which had a steep discount. When I received it it was perfect! I spent half an hour trying to find the so-called imperfection but couldn't find it. Staub's dedication to quality must be so high that they don't sell anything at full price if they judge an item to have even a slight flaw under their standards! I'm really happy with this purchase.
Date published: 2022-08-12
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Zwilling won't honor respond I have one these that I purchased in France. Staub is meant to have a 20 year warranty. Mine has now cracked (I don't have the receipt) and when I contacted Zwilling USA (twice now) with questions, I received no response.
Date published: 2021-08-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The BEST Excellent and beautiful cookware. Having the ability to cook with cast iron without rust issues is wonderful. The finish on the interior is excellent for browning and minimizes sticking during long cook times. The weight and design of the lid retains the moisture needed for long cook times. Can’t say enough good things about Staub. Have cooked with everything for years and have moved exclusively to Staub because it is the best cookware I have used. My family has also made the move to Staub. Super impressive and superior product! Do not hesitate to purchase. You will not be disappointed.
Date published: 2022-02-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Nothing better than enameled cast iorn Nice B grade dutch oven, great deal for quality enameled cast iron. The oval worked great on electric stovetop when I cooked Chicken Cacciatore.
Date published: 2021-09-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from 5 stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ I bought another German brand from Amazon. Ohh compared with this one. I have to give you ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Smooth color. Good quality material. When you use it seams the color is changing beautiful I don’t think I will use another one pot only use the accessories they give me for free.
Date published: 2022-03-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Visual Imperfections so small you can't find them Both items were like new. I had to search hard for possible flaws and none were matters I wouldn't have created myself in a week of use.
Date published: 2022-03-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from It’s perfect I was worried about feature and weight. But it’s no way. Meat is silky and soft . I think this is good for 4~5 persons.
Date published: 2018-12-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Imperfections Perhaps my eyesight has failed, but I have not found the 'visual imperfections' in this cocotte. Very good value.
Date published: 2022-04-11
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_20, tr_12
  • loc_en_US, sid_11093125, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

What are the interior dimensions?

Asked by: Jharris
Upper diameter: 12.20 in Bottom diameter: 9.84 in Height without lid: 4.65 in
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2023-05-26

What size of Staub magnetic trivet can I use with this pot?

Asked by: audiophileaj1
STAUB 11.25” OVAL, MAGNETIC WOOD TRIVET, BROWN # 1190713
Date published: 2022-03-21

Could you please tell me if the cherry and bordeaux colors are one and the same, labeled differently for different markets? If these are in fact different colors, can you briefly describe the difference?

Asked by: acm1981
Thank you for contacting us. The Staub Cranberry is in the red family similar to the cherry but not as bright and the Cranberry has more of a matte finish not a shiny finish. Bordeaux is the same as Cranberry. Thank you
Date published: 2021-06-11

Can you tell me the measurements in inches for the 5-1/2 and 7 qt Cocottes, both interior and with handles? Which is best size for roasting chicken and beef/pork roasts? Would the large accommodate a turkey? Thank you in advance.

Asked by: Rocky Mountain
The dimensions for the 5.75-qt (coq au vin) cocotte are 14.8" wide with handles X 12.2" diameter X 8" tall, and the 7-qt oval cocotte is 15.7" X 12.9" X 6.8". Certainly, either one of these would be great for roasting a chicken or a large cut of beef or pork. Either of these could also accommodate a small turkey, though, if that's primarily what you want the cookware for, you may consider the 8.5-qt oval cocotte or one of our 15" X 10" roasting pans.
Date published: 2018-07-30

can you tell me a little more about the imperfections on this Oval Cocotte?   

Asked by: MTKrauss
Every product with visual imperfections is unique, so we can't say exactly what the imperfection may be on your particular item. However, we can assure you that these items have been fully tested for use and are warrantied against manufacturing defects just as a full-priced item is.
Date published: 2018-04-24
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_5
  • loc_en_US, sid_11093125, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 102ms
  • questions, product