Details

Staub Cast Iron - Specialty Shaped Cocottes 5.5 qt, Pumpkin, Cocotte With Brass Knob, Burnt Orange

$549.99

Cast Iron Cocotte Inspired by the Fall Harvest

• Elegant, seasonal design for cozy autumn cooking
  • Black matte enameled cast iron for perfect browning
  • Self-basting lid yields moist, flavorful results
  • Made in France
STAUB Cast Iron 5-qt Pumpkin Cocotte - Burnt Orange is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 43.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_10, tr_33
  • loc_en_US, sid_11428806, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 103ms
  • reviews, product
{"cinnamon-28-cm_5.5-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"burnt orange","ID":"cinnamon","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color burnt orange is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"5.5 qt","ID":"28-cm_5.5-qt","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 5.5 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40501-080-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true},"cinnamon-24-cm_3.75-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"burnt orange","ID":"cinnamon","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color burnt orange is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"3.75 qt","ID":"24-cm_3.75-qt","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 3.75 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40511-403-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
Variations
Size: 5.5 qt
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 549 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

Cook cold-weather soups and casseroles, serve hot dips and savory spreads, and bake pumpkin bread in the STAUB Pumpkin cocotte. Taking inspiration from the French Rouge Vif d’Etampes, better known as the Cinderella pumpkin, this heirloom piece was designed to help you create your own fairy tale and adds a sprinkle of magic to your entertaining table (no matter what the season).

Charming, covetable, and oh-so striking, the pumpkin shapes are unsurpassed for slow-cooking meat and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. With heavy weight, tight-fitting lids that retain moisture, you can expect moist, perfectly cooked food every time you use these pots.

Rooted in French culinary heritage, our pumpkin cocotte/Dutch oven features a rich and unrivaled heritage of craftsmanship marked by a passion for exquisite, sculptural details. With their gorgeous enamel finish and intricate pumpkin design, these cocottes are an elegant yet whimsical addition to your autumn entertaining table.

• Textured black matte enamel interior requires no seasoning and ensures exceptional browning, and heat retention and distribution
  • Gorgeous enamel finish transfers beautifully from oven to table
  • Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture
  • Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including induction
  • Oven safe to 500°F
  • Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
  • Made in France

Specifications

• Item no. 11428806
Characteristics
  • Color: burnt orange
  • Country of origin: France
  • Heat resistance: 500.00 F
  • Cold resistance: -4.00 F
  • Substance: cast iron
  • Marketing name coating: Black Matt
  • Lid existing: Yes
  • Induction: Yes
  • Oven-safe: Yes
  • Freezer-safe: Yes
  • Stovetop-safe: Yes
  • Dishwasher-safe: Yes
Measurements
  • Net weight: 15.12 lbs
  • Capacity: 5.49 qt
  • Length of product: 13.94 in
  • Width of product: 11.02 in
  • Height of product: 7.52 in
  • Height without lid: 4.17 in
  • Upper diameter: 11.02 in
  • Bottom diameter: 8.46 in
  • Handle length: 1.42 in
Staub Cast Iron - Specialty Shaped Cocottes 5.5 qt, Pumpkin, Cocotte With Brass Knob, Burnt Orange
4.7 (43)
Added to basket View basket checkout
STAUB Cast Iron 5-qt Pumpkin Cocotte - Burnt Orange is rated 4.7 out of 5 by 43.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Come On Fall! I have had the 3.5 qt orange version of this Staub piece for 10 plus years. I use it a lot during the holidays and it looks exactly the same, inside and out. It travels home to home carrying sweet potatoes, soup and bread. Cast iron holds it's temperature so well that dishes don't cool down. My family looks foward to seeing such a beautiful serving piece year after year. When at home, it stays on my stove or table, sometimes filled with candy. Now the 5qt in burnt orange is here and I absolutely must have it. This size is more suitable for gumbo or chili or a large loaf of fresh bread.
Date published: 2020-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I just leave this out on my stove it is so gorgeous. So many uses for this and I do know some look at the shape and wonder what they can use it for. I make jams in mine because there is not residue left on the sides that can't be wiped of easily with just a soft spounge. If you make jam, you know that is a huge plus! I also use it for soup, bread pudding, rice, side-dishes are perfect in this and can go from oven to table for a beautiful presentation.
Date published: 2020-03-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I absolutely love these pumpkins. they work great in the oven but I prefer to use them as serving pieces. Always brings out the Ooohs and Ahhhs at the table. Obviously they are perfect for Thanksgiving but they work well for any and all other meals too. THe make a beautiful soup tureen and can be heated ahead of time to keep everything warm. I live using them for side dishes all the time, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli everything tastes better when presented beautifully!
Date published: 2020-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful Thanksgiving Centerpiece This pot is so beautiful that I use it every year as my Thanksgiving table centerpiece! I have made both butternut squash soup and stuffing in it and it has preformed great for both of those things. I take the pot straight from the stove to the table and since it's cast iron, the soup stays hot for a long time. When I make stuffing, since there are so many nooks and crannies, there are more crunchy parts, which are my favorite part of stuffing! This will WOW any guests!
Date published: 2020-04-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Seems to be “second” quality with pocked interior Beautifully designed piece but this is not “first” quality. There is a noticeable pock mark on the interior surface where the black matte enamel had a bubble. None of my other Staub cocottes have pocks or bubbles like this. They are smooth. I contacted Zwilling a week ago but haven’t heard back yet. I will update my review once this is resolved.
Date published: 2021-01-31
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Cocotte is my go to cookware when I make pumpkin soup for the Fall & Thanksgiving. Love that I can prepare and serve all in vessel. 5quart is perfect size. A little expensive, but well made and will last for a lifetime.
Date published: 2020-04-01
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Not happy with the manufacturer's glaze job The manufacturer did not apply a thick enough layer of orange glaze around the pumpkin because I can see the dark cast iron underneath, which makes the color really dull and nowhere near as vibrant as pictured. The lid is actually perfect so that's why I know the pumpkin itself is not up to par. Really disappointed, as it is a beautiful piece.
Date published: 2021-01-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Bring a Touch of French Whimsy to the Table! The Staub Pumpkin Cocotte is a classic. In any color - pumpkin, white or matte black - serving a soup or a stew in this pot is always fun. I always get 'ooo-s and ahhh-s' with whatever I serve just because it looks so good! And there is no sacrificing quality for the pumpkin shape. It cooks like all Staub pots – evenly and gently. This larger size is perfect for larger gatherings. The gold accented top handle is an elegant touch.
Date published: 2020-03-24
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_10, tr_33
  • loc_en_US, sid_11428806, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

does the pan need to be seasoned before the first use and how do you season it if it is needed?

Asked by: Cinnamonrollcindy
Our enameled cast iron does not require seasoning, but you can season this item if you would like to add flavor to your food and help prevent sticking. We recommend apply a thin, even layer of cooking fat with a high smoke point, like vegetable or canola oil, to the inside of the cocotte and baking in the oven at 300° for about half an hour. Make sure to wipe away any excess oil while the cocotte is still warm.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-12-30
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_11428806, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 100ms
  • questions, product