• Graphite Grey
YOU SAVE: -24%
$357.00 $269.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

This item is currently not available.

YOU SAVE: -24%
$357.00 $269.99
Staub Cast Iron 4-qt Braiser - Visual Imperfections - Graphite Grey is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 8.
  • y_2019, m_11, d_13, h_1
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.1
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_7
  • loc_en_US, sid_126192818, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 149ms
  • reviews, product
Out Of Stock Free Shipping
Staub Cast Iron 4-qt Braiser - Visual Imperfections - Graphite Grey
$357.00 $269.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
This product may have minor visual imperfections, though this will not affect the product's performance. This may include discoloration, blemishes, or chips that have been enameled over.
For centuries, cooks have taken advantage of the natural heat retention and redistribution properties of cast iron. Staub builds on this tradition with our enameled cast iron cookware. Black matte enamel inside and cooking surface creates a culinary advantage for better browning, braising, and roasting. Colorful enamel outside adds flare to your kitchen and table. Safe for use on all types of heat sources, including gas, electric, and induction, and oven safe up to 500F. Chip resistant and dishwasher safe. Made in France.
  • Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid
  • The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
  • Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
Charasteristics
  • Substance: Cast iron
  • Induction: Yes
  • Dishwasher-safe: Yes
Measurements
  • Net weight: 11.90 lbs
  • Capacity: 3.91 qt
  • Length of product: 14.21 in
  • Width of product: 11.02 in
  • Height of product: 4.96 in
  • Height without lid: 2.99 in
  • Bottom thickness: 0.16 in
  • Upper diameter: 11.02 in
  • Bottom diameter: 8.74 in
Staub Cast Iron 4-qt Braiser - Visual Imperfections - Graphite Grey is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Wonderful size for braising as well as roasting! Don't let 'visual imperfections' steer you away from purchasing a Staub product labeled as such. I was able to purchase this piece for much less than the standard purchase price and honestly can find nothing wrong except a slight imperfection along the outside rim of the lid which is not really that noticeable and does not affect the cooking quality one bit. I love to cook with cast iron, and I am especially fond of Staub, not only because of the cast iron element it affords, but also because of the aesthetic quality I so enjoy! This piece is versatile, too, in that I have used it in the oven for cooking a large roast with root vegetables as well as stove top recipes that require braising. It is a keeper!
Date published: 2016-08-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Wonderful piece of cookware! Purchased this 4 qt. braiser on clearance. It had a couple of flaws. The finish on one handle is rough and there was a dark spot about the size of a dime on the lid. But neither of those have diminished it's cooking performance. It's a great buy. Shrimp Alfredo, skillet lasagna, breakfast sausage, bacon, all turn out great and the the possibilities are endless. It's fun to cook with. Get one!
Date published: 2018-01-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great deal The one I received has the Chistera lid, so that was a surprise given the answered question. So was the fact it went down to $99 while it was in my cart overnight (thank you Black Friday, I guess). A virtual steal at that price. I could have lived with real visual imperfections, but I received a near flawless piece. Yes, if you look very closely you can find a couple of spots where the finish at termination points was a little "off", but it won't effect function one bit. And, I would never pay full price to avoid the minor blemishes that most people, and certainly anyone not familiar with Staub, likely would NEVER notice. A very good deal at the normal markdown, but a super one at what I paid.
Date published: 2017-12-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Functional and Beautiful I want this piece for a while and finally got it. I love this size. I use to cook stew, fry, and even stir fry. This piece is functional and beautiful at the same time. If you only have one piece from Staub, this is the one.
Date published: 2017-12-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good Value As other reviewers have stated, there are risks when purchasing items that are second quality. This braiser has three significant imperfections on the lid, which is a bummer for me. It will serve it's purpose in my kitchen, just didn't hit the lottery on this one...
Date published: 2018-12-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect size Beautiful braiser. It has some imperceptible imperfections that blends with the rustic finish.
Date published: 2018-12-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great addition Great addition to my collection.Beautiful and well made.
Date published: 2018-12-14
  • y_2019, m_11, d_13, h_1
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.1
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_7
  • loc_en_US, sid_126192818, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 8ms
  • reviews, product

May I have the weight and dia. incl. package? Thanks.

Asked by: Carys
The retail packaging for this product is 16 X 15.7 x 6.8" and weighs approximately 15 lbs.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-07-26

Can you use the lid when you cook in the oven? Not sure if that knob handle on the lid would hold up to high temps. Thanks!

Asked by: SarahE
Yes, the lid is also oven safe up to 500° F. Just be sure to use oven mitts and be mindful of hot steam when removing the lid after use in the oven.
Date published: 2018-04-24

Does this have the chistera lid or any basting spikes?

Asked by: Kaco
The braiser does not have the Chistera feature.
Date published: 2018-04-07

What is the diameter of this item?

Asked by: Cathy B
The diameter with handles is 14.2", and 11" without handles. The height/depth is 5".
Date published: 2017-08-29

Is this going to come back in stock?

Asked by: Eva V
The Staub 4-qt. braiser has been discontinued in Cherry; we may receive remaining visual imperfections stock at some point.
Date published: 2017-08-10

What is the visual imperfection? How noticeable is it?

Asked by: Wendy
Each piece is slightly different so it is impossible to say exactly what the imperfection is. These are all products that our factory did not feel could be made available at full price, but all of the imperfections are purely visual. Most of the issues are either chips in enamel that have been enameled over, minor scratches, or uneven finishes. The majority are on the outside of the piece or along the rims. Most of the time it is actually difficult to spot the issue. There are no major dents or malformed pieces. Each piece is fully functional and covered by our warranty.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2016-12-15

What is the minor defect that this pot has?

Asked by: TeddyC
Each piece is slightly different so it is impossible to say exactly what the imperfection is. These are all products that our factory did not feel could be made available at full price, but all of the imperfections are purely visual. Most of the issues are either chips in enamel that have been enameled over, minor scratches, or uneven finishes. The majority are on the outside of the piece or along the rims. Most of the time it is actually difficult to spot the issue. There are no major dents or malformed pieces. Each piece is fully functional and covered by our warranty.
Date published: 2018-03-12

is this the new design, i.e. Domed lid with unique Chistera drop structure ?

Asked by: christabel
The Braiser does not have the Chistera lid, this is currently only on the French Ovens.
Date published: 2016-11-08
  • y_2019, m_11, d_13, h_1CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.1
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_8
  • loc_en_US, sid_126192818, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 170ms
  • questions, product