Details

Staub Cast Iron 3.75 qt, French oven, grenadine - Visual Imperfections

$175.99
STAUB Cast Iron 3.75-qt Essential French Oven - Visual Imperfections - Grenadine is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 36.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_26, tr_10
  • loc_en_US, sid_117392487, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 121ms
  • reviews, product
{"grenadine-red-24-cm_3.75-qt":{"color":{"displayName":"grenadine","ID":"grenadine-red","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color grenadine is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"3.75 qt","ID":"24-cm_3.75-qt","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 3.75 qt is not available for this combination"},"productId":"40511-927-5","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 175 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

Staub enameled cast iron cookware is the top choice for chefs and home cooks alike. Rooted in French culinary heritage, Staub's renowned cocottes are timeless pieces, perfect for casual meals or sumptuous suppers. The Essential French Oven with Chistera lid is the latest star in the cast iron collection. Like Staub's signature flat lid, the domed Chistera lid has excellent self-basting properties. Usually, a convex lid causes condensation to fall to the sides. The innovative, Chistera drop-structure lid solves this problem by putting a twist on traditional spikes. Moisture cascades from the whole lid. This continuous basting guarantees delectable roast chicken and braised short ribs. What inspired this original design? Basque pelota players use wicker basket chisteras to scoop up balls and hurl them quickly. Under Staub's new lids, the chistera-shaped curves gather condensation to shower moisture upon the delicious dish that simmers inside.

• Self-basting Chistera spikes continuously keep food moist
  • Exceptional heat distribution and retention cast iron is famous for
  • Matte black enamel interior heats and enhances caramelization, excellent searing
  • Versatile design goes from oven to table
  • Enameled cast iron is easy to clean and doesn't require seasoning
  • Iconic Staub handles with ergonomic grip
  • Made in France.

Specifications

• Item no. 117392487
Characteristics
  • Color: grenadine
  • Country of origin: France
  • Heat resistance: 500.00 F
  • Cold resistance: -4.00 F
  • Substance: cast iron
  • Marketing name coating: Black Matt
  • Induction: Yes
  • Oven-safe: Yes
  • Freezer-safe: Yes
  • Stovetop-safe: Yes
  • Dishwasher-safe: Yes
Measurements
  • Net weight: 10.27 lbs
  • Capacity: 3.80 qt
  • Length of product: 12.13 in
  • Width of product: 9.45 in
  • Height of product: 5.12 in
  • Height without lid: 3.94 in
  • Upper diameter: 9.45 in
  • Bottom diameter: 6.73 in
Staub Cast Iron 3.75 qt, French oven, grenadine - Visual Imperfections
Added to basket View basket checkout
STAUB Cast Iron 3.75-qt Essential French Oven - Visual Imperfections - Grenadine is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 36.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good, functional piece This is my second Staub purchase of a visually imperfect item. I have three other Staub cast iron pieces to compare to, (one is the exact same piece in a different color) and I've noticed that the visually imperfect items are rougher inside than the first quality pieces I have bought. They are still functional, but for me they feel inferior. They are a good deal so you have to weigh how much some roughness of the interior will bother you. The shape and size and weight of this pan is great.
Date published: 2019-08-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great pot This is a great pot. I have been Staub user for over 10 years owing various sizes french ovens. But this is a nice surprise. It is a bit smaller than 4 qt standard dutch oven with a rounded bottom and side. This slight change makes the hand movement feels smooth and effortless. I like the new lid design. Without the crease compares to the standard version, the wash and clean is much easier.
Date published: 2022-03-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by from SMALL BOTTOM This is a pretty small pot as the actual bottom is not as wide as the top, It is not going to fit a lot. Good for small batches of soup. It will fit 2 lamb shanks and perhaps 2 veal shanks. I can fit only 2 chicken full legs (includes thigh), or 2 chicken breasts. The quality is excellent, cleans beautifully, and is oven safe. I prefer my 4QT cocotte as the bottom is larger and works better for pot roast. This is a nice to have item and nice for a single person or perhaps a couple.
Date published: 2017-05-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love this shape and size - new favorite I love this shape! I have the 4qt cocotte, which is similar in size. The rounded shape makes it easier to cook, stir, and clean. Love the new shaped surface to assist with basting. I bought an "imperfect" piece for the cost savings. No drawbacks to cooking, just a minor roughness to the lip. Have used this to braise chicken and make soup with great success. Looking forward to using it for risotto next.
Date published: 2017-02-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from 3.75-qt round French oven, Bordeaux - Visual Imper I found no imperfections. I was pleasantly surprised. It is a beautiful french oven and I'm so glad that I made the purchase. My son already has his eye on it and I'm sure he expects me to hand it down to him. :) Thank you so much for the opportunity to purchase something that I've been drooling over.
Date published: 2019-11-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Flawless It is stated having Visual Imperfections... but it arrived perfect... i was eyeing for one these past few months.. glad i didnt jump to get it right away.... So when VI Sale for Memorial day happened... this item is on the list... im glad i now have a pot on a much lesser price...
Date published: 2021-06-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Popcorn time Makes the best movie night popcorn. Just add 2 tablespoons of a high smoke point oil to a prewarmed French oven, 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels, turn up the heat to medium high, shake a few times while popping, and you'll have a full oven of popcorn in a couple of minutes.
Date published: 2022-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellence in the Kitchen Excellent French oven for all uses. Fry, sauté, braise, bread, soups, steel and more. One of my favorite Staub profiles. Not only does it cook phenomenally well, it is just beautiful to look at.
Date published: 2021-12-19
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_26, tr_10
  • loc_en_US, sid_117392487, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

Can I see the visual imperfection picture of this product?

Asked by: Helen6
Photos for items with visual imperfections are for representative purposes, so you may see the size, shape, and/or color of the item you will receive. Each piece is slightly different, so we are not able to photograph all of them, and we can't say exactly what the imperfection may be on the item you order. These are all products that our factory did not feel could be made available at full price, but all of the imperfections are purely cosmetic. Most of the issues are either chips in enamel that have been enameled over, minor scratches, or uneven finishes. The majority are on the outside of the piece or along the rims, and, most of the time, it is actually difficult to spot the issue. There are no major dents or malformed pieces. Each piece is fully functional and covered by our warranty.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-09-13

Can I see the inside of the cover?

Asked by: Gracec
Please see the link below: http://www.zwillingonline.com/11732406.html
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2017-11-22
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_117392487, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 105ms
  • questions, product