Details

MIYABI Red Morimoto Edition 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife

Variations
  • (no colour)

Promotions

Home Favorites Sale
More details
Promotion Details Offer ends September 25. Offer cannot be combined with other promotions.
YOU SAVE: -30%
114.99 $79.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

This item is currently not available.

This item is out of stock
As soon as it's available again, you will receive an e-mail from us.
This field is required.
Your request has been saved. We'll notify you when it's available again.
YOU SAVE: -30%
114.99 $79.99
Miyabi Red Morimoto Edition 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 31.
  • y_2020, m_9, d_19, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_30
  • loc_en_US, sid_34114-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 156ms
  • reviews, product

Description

Chef Morimoto designs knives that celebrate his signature cooking style - a blend of the best Japanese and Western techniques. MIYABI Red Morimoto Edition merges the sharpness of authentic, Japanese blades with the comfort and easy care of Western knives. Made from high-carbon, German stainless steel, these FRIODUR blades are exceptionally corrosion-resistant. The time saved on knife maintenance means more time to spend on cooking.Durable, ergonomic, and sharp, savvy home cooks that are new to Japanese knives will appreciate MIYABI Red's ease of use. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
  • Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
  • Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to 9.5 to 12 degree edge
  • Special formula, high-carbon German stainless steel
  • FRIODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 57
  • Rounded spine and heel
  • Three-rivet handle made of glass-bead-enhanced POM
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34114-183
Characteristics
  • Color: no-color
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: German Stainless Steel
Measurements
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
MIYABI Red Morimoto Edition 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
$114.99 $79.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
Miyabi Red Morimoto Edition 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 31.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love this Santoku handle! This Miyabi Morimoto red is exceptionally sharp, perfect size for me and most versatile size to have. The blade offers exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance. It is enjoyable to cut everything such as fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, and even great for bread. It is one of my favorite Asian knife, a Santoku knife. Great for chopping and dicing motion. Curve handle is so comfortable in my hand, I've enjoyed using this for years. This has an authentic thin Japanese blade profile, made of special formula from high-carbon German stainless steel, stay sharp and easy to sharpen. Dishwasher safe, handwashing is recommended.
Date published: 2020-04-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Light, Comfortable & Versatile Knife! This Miyabi Morimoto red is exceptionally sharp, perfect 7" size and most versatile size to have. it is enjoyable to cut everything, fruits, vegetables, meat and even bread. It is one of my favorite Asian knife, Santoku knife. It's a chef knife however it is better for chopping and dicing motion, great for larger food cutting needs. Curve handle is so comfortable in my hand. I've enjoyed using this for years. This has authentic thin Japanese blade profile, made of special formula,made from high-carbon German stainless steel, FRIODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 57 and exceptionally corrosion-resistant and durable. Dishwasher safe, handwashing is recommended.
Date published: 2020-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great knife I am very pleased with this knife. Designed in collaboration with Iron Chef Morimoto this is a great hybrid Santoku. The Western handle is comfortable and familiar to hold. The blade goes through a double hardening process making a blade that is strong and sharp. The slim blade profile makes accurate thin slices and cuts with ease and little waste. The knife goes through extensive traditional Japanese knife making steps including Honbazuke hand sharpening and the traditional Katana watermarking above the blade edge.
Date published: 2020-08-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best of both worlds This knife is a great transition knife for those who are used to German style blades and want to start using a Japanese/Asian style knife. The width of the blade and the handle will feel familiar and comfortable yet the performance will be very different. The blade is thin with a fine edge of 12.5 degrees for excellent slicing,, chopping and dicing. With a lighter weight and half bolster this knife feels secure and balanced in your hand. With its very approachable price point this is a great knife to try.
Date published: 2020-04-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Small but mighty this 5.5" Santoku will become your go to knife in the kitchen. Use this for all those small cutting projects such as garlic, shallots, mincing herbs and cubing fruits and vegetables. The blade is thin with a fine edge of 12.5 degrees for excellent slicing, chopping and dicing. With a lighter weight and half bolster this knife feels secure and balanced in your hand. With its very approachable price point this is a great knife to try and see if you like an Asian style knife.
Date published: 2020-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect knife This is my go to knife. Bigger than the paring knife and smaller than a normal chefs. This is very light weight and easy to use for almost anything.
Date published: 2017-01-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great santoku knife This is a great Japanese-German Santoku. I really like the feel of the handle on this blade, it’s very comfortable and contours nicely. The blade has a nice lighter weight to it. This is a great intro knife collection if you want to go from Western style knives to Asian; the Morimoto collection merges the two styles together, with having a durable German steel but styled as a thin and sharp Asian blade. A great blade for chopping meat, fruits and vegetables.
Date published: 2020-04-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Another stunning knife from the Miyabi Red series. Thin blade, with high-carbon German steel and ice-hardened for a sharp, durable blade with no corrosion or chipping due to the process. Love that this is a 5.5", as my hands are smaller and I find this easier to work with than a 7" Santoku for all those veggies, since I cut a lot of veggies to freeze. Cuts and slices beautifully, with a curved handle that makes it comfortable and gives a great grip.
Date published: 2020-05-12
  • y_2020, m_9, d_19, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_30
  • loc_en_US, sid_34114-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 13ms
  • reviews, product

is the knife easily resharpened

Asked by: BOOMHIGH
Yes, this knife is easily resharpened through a combination of home maintenance with a Miyabi-branded or other sharpener tailored to Japanese knives with blade angles of 10-12° and professional sharpening 1-2 times a year, depending on how often the knife is used.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-09-18

What is the difference between and use of the 7" Santoku and & 7" Santoku Rocking knives

Asked by: Spider
There is no difference in materials and craftmanship between the regular and rocking Santoku knives. Which one you decide on should depend on how you intend to use the knife. The rocking Santoku will do everything a regular Santoku knife will do with the added benefit of being able to comfortably rock the knife to chop smaller, softer vegetables and/or herbs.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-05-16
  • y_2020, m_9, d_18, h_17CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_34114-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 103ms
  • questions, product