Details

MIYABI Koh 7-inch Rocking Santoku

Variations
  • Brown

Promotions

Home Favorites Sale
More details
Promotion Details Offer ends September 25. Offer cannot be combined with other promotions.
YOU SAVE: -20%
99.99 $79.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -20%
99.99 $79.99
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
Miyabi Koh 7-inch Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 21.
  • y_2020, m_9, d_28, h_16
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_21
  • loc_en_US, sid_33958-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 16ms
  • reviews, product

Description

Each elegant MIYABI Koh knife is crafted in Seki, Japan. There, MIYABI artisans merge rich Japanese tradition with expert German engineering and state-of-the-art steels to produce these ultimate kitchen knives.Advanced FC61 fine carbide stainless steel - 61 hardness on the Rockwell scale - provides unsurpassed corrosion and chip resistance. This cutting-edge steel ensures the hand-honed blades retain their impressive sharpness for a long time. Thanks to an innovative, ice-hardened process, the FRIODURx2 blades offer remarkable durability, sharpness, and cutting performance.The stunning blades are finished with a true katana edge, homage to the samurai swords made in Seki centuries ago, and feature an embossed MIYABI logo. Stylishly stamped with a silver mosaic pin, the exquisite octagon-shaped handle feels as good as it looks. The Pakkawood handle supports both Western chopping and Asian rocking cuts - experience ergonomic perfection with each slice.
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
  • Fabricated from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide stainless steel - 61 Rockwell hardness
  • Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offers exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
  • Hand-honed Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile - 9.5-12 degree edge angle
  • Mirror-polished blade features Japanese design details: sandblasted katana edge and embossed MIYABI logo
  • Stylishly stamped with a mosaic pin, ergonomic Pakkawood handle design nestles comfortably in the hand
  • Rounded spine and heel ensure tireless cutting

Specifications

• Item no. 33958-183
Characteristics
  • Color: Brown
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Manufacturing method: forged
Measurements
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
MIYABI Koh 7-inch Rocking Santoku
$99.99 $79.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
Miyabi Koh 7-inch Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 21.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from You might just forget about your chef's knife after getting this one! A santoku knife is great for all kinds of chopping and cutting tasks like cutting meat and cheese, chopping fruits and vegetables and mincing meat or herbs. The wide blade makes it perfect to scoop food off the cutting board and into the vessel and the sharp edge is good for creating fine slices. This Santoku has a curved edge which allows you to use both the chopping motion and the rocking motion so you can transition easily between all your cutting tasks. The Koh series knives are made from a very hard FC61 steel and have a beautiful mirror polished blade.
Date published: 2020-04-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from My Rocking Santoku!!! This Evolution 7" Rocking Santoku knife is exceptionally useful in my kitchen, very sharp, durable and versatile. It is enjoyable to cut everything, fruits, vegetables, meat and even bread. It is a different version of a chef knife but this knife glides, rocks and chops every!!! Curve handle is comfortable in my hand, it is my go-to knife for daily cooking. Evolution knife is made from revolutionary fine carbide FC61 steel, these knives offer the signature sharpness for which Japanese knives are known. Hand washing is recommended. I would never put this in the dishwasher.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from amazing knife I love everything about this knife. The handle is lightweight and the hexagonal shape is very comfortable to hold. The blade goes through a double hardening process producing a strong blade with a thin profile giving thin accurate cuts and slices. The blade shape is very unique. By adding the curve to the standard santoku the blade is perfect for quick slicing and mincing making quick work of vegetables and herbs. The Japanese craftsmanship is easily shown throughout the entire knife right down to the traditional Katana blade watermarking just above the blade edge.
Date published: 2020-07-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A great rocking santoku This is a great traditional style Japanese rocking santoku. Super lightweight, it has a nice balance to the knife, and won’t get heavy in your hand if you are slicing or chopping fish, meat, fruits or veggies for an extended period of time. The thin yet sharp and durable blade of the Koh does a nice job of slicing and cutting easily and smoothly. This is a great blade shape, perfect for any style cutting, rocking or chopping, this is the ultimate all purpose knife. If you’re looking for a traditional style Japanese knife, this is the knife for you.
Date published: 2020-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Incredibly Sharp Knife This rocking santoku is just an awesome knife! I love the curve of the blade; it's perfect for rocking or chopping, depending on what you're cutting. The scalpel-like sharpness makes cutting through anything effortless. It stays sharp too and is so durable. I used to stear away from Japanese knives because the blades chipped, but no more! These are extremely chip resistant! Comfortable, sharp and durable....it's the perfect knife!
Date published: 2020-04-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Zwilling employee If you are looking for an entry level Japanese knife this is a good one to try. The Miyabi Koh, has a traditional Japanese looking handle that will actually fit comfortably in the right or left hand. Unlike a true D shaped handle, it will not roll for lefties. The blade profile is Japanese but the steel is more German in temperament. It is forgiving, will not chip or nick, but can be honed back to sharpness with ease.
Date published: 2020-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellent blade for this shape knife. The rocking santoku was designed to accommodate folks who rock their knife when they cut. A sharp blade is critical for that type of cutting, with each stroke you want to slice completely. The MIyabi KOH line is all about and incredibly good steel that holds its edge. This knife is perfect example of the best when East meets West.
Date published: 2020-04-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Personal Preference The rocking santoku design is a unique shape for those who really like the rocking motion when chopping foods. I like using this knife when I have a lot of vegetables and herbs to chop for a recipe. this Miyabi Koh rocker is so sharp and comfortable to hold in your hand. The dimples aid in the release of some starchy foods. Great knife to add to your collection.
Date published: 2020-04-09
  • y_2020, m_9, d_28, h_16
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_21
  • loc_en_US, sid_33958-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product

is this knife able to be re-sharpened on sharpening steel? I have Wusthof shaprening steel. I browsed official webpage and even they didn't put explanation about steel hardness.. this knife hardness is 61 and normally Western knife hardness range 56-58.

Asked by: Peter Kim
This knife should be sharpened with an Asian-style sharpener or stone. The edge is 9.5-12° per side. Our Western knives are 15° per side. Other brands can range up to 20° per side. For best results, we recommend using the same brand sharpener as your knife.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-09-02
  • y_2020, m_9, d_27, h_15CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_33958-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • questions, product