Details

MIYABI Kaizen II 7-pc, Knife block set, natural

$629.99

Traditional Japanese craftsmanship combined with modern engineering and design

• Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
  • Double ice-hardened blade for superior corrosion resistance
  • Comfortable D-shaped black pakkawood handle
Miyabi Kaizen II 7-pc Knife Block Set is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 116.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_27, tr_89
  • loc_en_US, sid_34680-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 102ms
  • reviews, product
{"nature-7-pcs_7-pc":{"color":{"displayName":"natural","ID":"nature","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color natural is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7-pc","ID":"7-pcs_7-pc","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7-pc is not available for this combination"},"productId":"34680-000-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 629 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

This 7-piece set features all the essential knives for the household. From the all-rounder 8-inch chef’s knife for cutting meat, dicing onions, and mincing garlic, to the 3.5-inch paring knife perfect for peeling vegetables and segmenting fruit. This set is completed with a handsome bamboo block that keeps your knives within reach on your countertop.

MIYABI moves one step closer to perfection with Kaizen II – Japanese for “improvement” or "change for the better." Handcrafted in Seki, Japan, a city renowned for the highest quality cutlery production, the Kaizen II collection boasts traditional Japanese craftsmanship combined with the best hardening technology and beautiful modern design.

The core, forged from resilient FC61 super steel, is protected by a stunning 48 layers of stainless steel. And MIYABI Kaizen II knives are as beautiful as they are functional. The blades’ gorgeous flower Damascus pattern is dramatically darkened through acid dipping. The double FRIODUR® ice-hardened blade makes for improved corrosion resistance and astonishing durability. Artisans hand-hone the blades using the venerable four-step Honbazuke method. This fine attention to detail translates into a work of art that is the ultimate in precision cutting.

The blade is balanced by a substantial D-shaped handle made of black pakkawood. Effortless to hold, the classic Japanese “D”-shape handle offers a comfortable grip for stress-free cutting. This striking handle truly matches the caliber of the blade.

• Set includes: 3.5-inch paring, 4.5-inch utility, 8-inch chef's, 9.5-inch bread knife, 9-inch honing steel, shears, bamboo block
  • Revolutionary FC61 steel core features fine carbide distribution and is protected by a durable 48 layers of damast steel
  • Fine carbide distribution creates a razor-sharp and durable blade with a 61 Rockwell hardness
  • Double ice-hardened FRIODUR® blade offers remarkable durability and cutting edge retention
  • Blade is hand-honed using the historic Honbazuke method to an exceptionally sharp 9.5 to 12°
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile
  • Ergonomic handle is made of black pakkawood and stylishly stamped with a mosaic pin. End cap features the MIYABI logo
  • Stylish, strong handle features an improved thicker and rounded bolster for increased comfort and balance
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34680-000
Characteristics
  • Color: natural
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: bamboo
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Block slot count: 10
  • Number of parts: 7
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: pakka Wood
Measurements
  • Net weight: 7.00 lbs
MIYABI Kaizen II 7-pc, Knife block set, natural
5.0 (116)
Added to basket View basket checkout
Miyabi Kaizen II 7-pc Knife Block Set is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 116.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from You can’t call yourself a Chef without this Set! I am beyond obsessed with this set. I started off my Miyabi journey by purchasing a single Chef’s knife, and immediately I fell in love. This knife combines traditional Japanese craftsmanship with the best German blade molding technique to create a sleek look and a sharp tool for any kitchen! While I cut everything with the Chef’s knife, I decided to add a paring knife. It just wasn’t enough! So I had to get the whole set! The bamboo stand makes it so easy to store the knives after I’ve washed them by hand and towel / air dried them. I highly recommend this set to anyone who wants to use it for personal or professional use.
Date published: 2023-03-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good but not what expected When I purchased this set the photos clearly showed a different block than what comes with the set. What was shown was the same magnetic display block that comes with the 10 piece set, and the description on the product did not state otherwise. While I wanted the knives I also very specifically want that display block as well, but what I received was the standard block that holds the knives which was disappointing. This looks to have been corrected on the website now so hopefully that does not happen to anyone else. The knives I received are fantastic! I am very happy with them, they are supper sharp and look great. I have used them on all kinds of stuff now and could not be happier with how they perform.
Date published: 2021-01-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Balance and Health The knives are well balanced, the thin yet supremely strong blades cut everything with ease. Making great healthy meals for friends, family, and I has been more of a joy within this wonderful Kaizen II set. The blades and handles are works of art.
Date published: 2022-02-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Japanese Knifes! By using these knives, I was able to experience the true experience of a Japanese knife, sharpened with honbazuke technique. They have a cutting edge that cuts like butter and makes my work in the kitchen easier.
Date published: 2022-08-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great approachable Japanese set I have wanted to explore Japanese cutlery for a while but I was a bit wary of some of the maintenance. This set alleviates that for me. The type of steel FC61 can get super thin like traditional Japanese steel but is much more user friendly and chip resistant. It sharpens very easily as well. The damascus style of the blade brings it to another level. The layering is exquisite. The shape of the wood handles are very comfortable. I look forward toi adding more pieces in the future.
Date published: 2020-06-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing! So fun to use! Never owned a great set of knives before and these things are unreal how well they cut! They’re actually FUN to use. Haha My wife and I live them.
Date published: 2022-05-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing knives!! The knives are extremely sharp and are very nice to use. They are absolutely stunning. I would highly recommend anyone to give these a try!
Date published: 2020-08-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Miyabi 7pc set Came out of the box very sharp. The flexibility on these knives is very nice. The balance is perfect and handle is great. I have larger hands and the way these sit in my palms is wonderful. The taper from the handle to the blade makes it extremely comfortable when cutting anything. If you want a slightly flexible blade and a good sized handle these are the knives.
Date published: 2023-04-13
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_27, tr_89
  • loc_en_US, sid_34680-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

IS THE HANDLE AMBIDEXTROUS OR IS IT DESIGNED PRIMARILY FOR A RIGHT-HANDED USER?

Asked by: NJ2010
This style is comfortable for both right- and left-handed users.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-11-24
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_34680-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 119ms
  • questions, product