• Black Matte
YOU SAVE: -21%
215.00 $169.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -21%
215.00 $169.99
Miyabi Kaizen II 7-inch Santoku Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 13.
  • y_2020, m_3, d_31, h_19
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_13
  • loc_en_US, sid_34684-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 137ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock Free Shipping for Orders over $59
Ships within 1-2 days
Item No. 34684-183
MIYABI Kaizen II 7-inch Fine Edge Santoku knife
$215.00 $169.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
MIYABI 5000 FCD Santoku, 18cm blade length. This Japanese santoku has a hard fine carbide steel core for very good cutting edge retention and sharpness. Santoku translates as "Three Virtues", these being meat, fish and vegetables. The flat cutting edge lends itself to a chopping motion rather than the rocking cutting movement of European chef's knives. The blade core is surrounded by 48 outer layers of steel which make up the unique Damascus-design pattern on the blade. The cutting edge is Honbazuke-honed and symmetrical (not single bevel), so can be used by those both right and left-handed. There is no finger guard so the whole length of the cutting edge can be used. The handle and half-bolster join seamlessly for comfortable use. The smooth surface helps to prevent the formation of calluses on the thumb and forefinger. Hand wash only for best care, and maintain and sharpen using a whetstone. We’d recommend using a wooden chopping board rather than glass, ceramic or stone boards as these will dull the cutting edge.
  • FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
  • 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
  • FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
  • Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
  • Symmetrical cutting edge
  • Pakka wood handle
  • Steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
  • Made in Japan
Charasteristics
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 60-62 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.43 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.68 in
  • Width of product: 0.97 in
  • Height of product: 1.85 in
  • Upper diameter: 0.00 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
Miyabi Kaizen II 7-inch Santoku Knife is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 13.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Miyabi Kaizen ll is one of the best loved knives since it's launch and is still wildly popular today. I love the feel of it in my hand and love the beauty of this knife as well; a win-win for me. The Santoku has become one of my most used knives in the kitchen due to it's versatility. I use it for vegetable and meat (not a fish eater) and it glides through it all.
Date published: 2020-03-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This Miyabi Kaizen-Santoku is one of the great knives to own! You can feel you are using a supreme knife by the way it cuts and feels in your hand. The 48 layers around the core let you know this is the best quality and will last a lifetime, if taken care of. This is definitely more for chopping than cutting or slicing but can use for meats, fish and veggies. A truly all-around everyday superior knife to own.
Date published: 2020-03-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Calling all vegetarians! We are a vegetable focused family and I needed a knife to make all the copping required for our diet not to seem like such a chore. This knife makes cutting vegies such a pleasure. The edge is fine enough to get super narrow slices yet strong enough to tackle those pesky squashes. Stays sharp for a long time with proper honing. The damascus layering is really pretty and seems to create a slight non-stick property to the blade. Cucumbers and potatoes fall away easily.
Date published: 2020-03-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Durable and Sharp The Kaizen II is so pretty with the 48 layer damascus design. But the core is the secret to it's durability; FC61; the new extremely chip resistant steel. Now I feel more comfortable with the thin, sharp edge of the santoku. Made in Japan, it's a true Japanese knife both in design and sharpness.
Date published: 2020-03-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A true Japanese knife This is a really great Japanese blade shape and knife. The Kaizen II has a beautiful blade and the Micarta wood handle feels really smooth in hand, and has a nice roundedness to it. With the blade having 48 layers of steel, you can really feel how much of a difference that makes when cutting fish, meat or produce. A great knife to have in the kitchen.
Date published: 2020-03-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Add this to your Miyabi Kaizen collections! This will be one of the best Miyabi knife you can have. It is sharp, outstanding inside out. So, it is another must have Kaizen knife though Kaizen II has a more intirquit damascus pattern creating barrier between the setel and the food you cut..
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Excellent Knife The handle is my favorite thing about this knife. It is reminiscent of the Japenese D shaped handle but much more comfortable. The blade is made our of FC 61 steel and is extremely sharp. A nice addition to any collection.
Date published: 2020-03-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Read the description online when looking for a Japanese Santoku knife. Love the shape & style of the handle (perfect for a left handed cook) and sharpness of this well made knife.
  • y_2020, m_3, d_31, h_19
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_13
  • loc_en_US, sid_34684-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 9ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 149ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;