Details

MIYABI Kaizen 6-inch Utility knife, fine edge

$159.99
Miyabi Kaizen 6-inch Utility Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 46.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_9, tr_37
  • loc_en_US, sid_34182-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 102ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-15-cm_6.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"6.00 inch","ID":"15-cm_6.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 6.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"34182-161-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 159 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

MIYABI strives for perfection with Kaizen - Japanese for "improvement" or "change for the better." This line of knives combines the best hardening technology with the artistry of traditional Japanese craftsmanship. The resilient core of VG10 super steel is protected by a stunning 64-layer flower Damascus pattern.The CRYODUR blades feature exceptional sharpness and durability thanks to their innovative, icehardening treatment. Then, artisans hand-hone the blades with the historic Honbazuke method. This attention to detail translates into precision cutting for MIYABI Kaizen users.The blade is balanced by a refined D-shaped handle made of black linen Micarta. With a wood-like texture, the comfortable handle won't slip from your hand and acts as a moisture repellant. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.

• VG10 super steel
  • Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
  • Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
  • CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 60
  • 65-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge
  • Traditional Japanese D-shaped black linen Micarta handle
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34182-163
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: CMV60
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 60 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: micarta
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.71 lbs
  • Length of product: 10.04 in
  • Width of product: 0.87 in
  • Height of product: 1.10 in
  • Blade length: 5.91 in
  • Handle length: 5.39 in
  • Handle width: 0.91 in
  • Blade width: 1.10 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.04 in
MIYABI Kaizen 6-inch Utility knife, fine edge
5.0 (46)
Added to basket View basket checkout
Miyabi Kaizen 6-inch Utility Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 46.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful and Well Made! This is my second Miyabi knife. Very impressed by the beauty and Sharpness! The 6 inch size is useful for so many things I find myself using it more than my other knives. My first Miyabi was from the SG2 line up and it’s a bigger Chefs knife, very beautiful and SHARP. However this 6” Kaizan is so beautiful also. So VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THIS KAIZAN !!! Do yourself a favor and get this knife. You will use it ALL THE TIME, and you won’t be able to stop looking at it! You would have to spend more for a knife that performs as well and has so much beauty to it.
Date published: 2020-12-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A great Utility knife This is a really great Japanese Utility knife. I love the aesthetic of these Japanese knives and how beautiful the 64 layers of VG10 steel is on the blade. Even though the layers are pronounced in that beautiful flower Damascus design, it’s also more subtitled in comparison to the Miyabi Kaizen II blades.The Kaizen has a beautiful blade and the Micarta wood handle feels really smooth in hand, and has a nice roundedness to it. With the blade having 64 layers of steel, you can really feel how much of a difference that makes when slicing fruits and veggies. A smaller blade size than a slicer knife, but still a thinner profile, which is great for trying to slice meat, fish, and fruits. A great utility knife to have in the kitchen.
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Miyabi Kaizen 6-inch utility is an extremely versatile knife. The blade is both hard and light at the same time, making it glide through both delicate and hearty foods beautifully. The slim D-shaped handle tucks into the fingers confidently to clean fish and shellfish, slice meats, vegetables and fruits. This knife makes precise cutting easy. That's because the 64 layers of molten steel applied over the VG10 steel core hold a tight edge. Adding to the enjoyment of this phenomenal cutting tool is its beauty. The Damascus-style polishing showing the layers and the linen Micarta handle with finishing details combine to make using and owning this knife a joy. Hone regularly. Hand wash. This knife will be sharp and beautiful for a lifetime.
Date published: 2020-05-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from It's the knife that can handle small fruits and vegetables with it's scalpel-like sharp blade. Perfect for when an 8" knife is simply too big. I also love using it for meats and cheeses. It's a true Japanese knife with it's super thin blade with the very small Asian edge angle. The very hard VG10 steel gives it incredible edge retention. The small, curved handle fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is made from a very durable material. It looks and feels like wood, but can handle moisture and wear like synthetic material.
Date published: 2020-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This knife is super sharp and has a great blade to handle ratio making it feel secure and sturdy while cutting. The core is VG10 super steel which ranks high on getting sharp, staying sharp, corrosion resistance and durability. The black linen Micarta handle has a wood grain appearance with none of the downfalls of wood like swelling or cracking. Somewhere between a chef's knife and a paring knife this utility knife slices easily through your cutting tasks from fruits and vegetable to even sandwich making.
Date published: 2020-04-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great prep knife This is my new fav. The size fits right in between my paring knife and chefs knife. The handle is light and very comfortable to hold. The Japanese crafted blade is beautiful and functional. The layered super steel makes a strong sharp blade that holds an edge for a long time. The design of the blade and handle show the true craftsmanship that are put into this knife. I use it for all of my vegetable prep and as a small slicer for cheese.
Date published: 2020-07-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautifully Miyabi High quality, advance design. this is a beautiful, sharp, durable knife. The micarta handle is as pretty to look at as it is to hold. Very comfortable to hold. You will not shed a tear slicing an onion with this beauty. It will slice the most pristine, fine layers of fruits and vegetables. I use this for slicing and mincing. Especially herbs and delicate vegetables. such as scallions or leeks.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by from This razor sharp blade does it all in the kitchen. It has a core of VG10 super steel and is protected by 64 layers of additional steel, creating a beautiful Damascus pattern. It is also ice hardened so the knife stays sharper for a longer period of time. The knife really feels like a chefs knife so its one of my daughters favorite knives to use as she is just learning knife skills.
Date published: 2020-04-27
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_9, tr_37
  • loc_en_US, sid_34182-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

What kind of saya would fit this knife, please?

Asked by: doctorV
Currently, the only sheath we have available that would fit this knife is for blades up to 10" here: https://www.zwillingonline.com/30499514.html You may shop our other available storage options here: https://www.zwillingonline.com/cutlery-zwilling-storage.html
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-05-08
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_34182-163, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 101ms
  • questions, product