Variations
  • (no colour)
YOU SAVE: -34%
755.00 $499.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

This item is currently not available.

This item is out of stock
As soon as it's available again, you will receive an e-mail from us.
This field is required.
Your request has been saved. We'll notify you when it's available again.
YOU SAVE: -34%
755.00 $499.99
Miyabi Evolution 7-pc Knife Block Set is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 19.
  • y_2020, m_9, d_28, h_16
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_19
  • loc_en_US, sid_34010-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 145ms
  • reviews, product

Description

Crafted in the samurai sword–making capital of the world, Seki, Japan, MIYABI merges Japanese craftsmanship with German engineering expertise to produce the ultimate kitchen knives. Experience the beauty of sharpness with the MIYABI Evolution series. Beautifully polished to a mirror finish, the ice-hardened blades are extremely durable and corrosion resistant. Made from revolutionary fine carbide FC61 steel, these knives offer the signature sharpness for which Japanese knives are known. The ergonomic, triple-rivet handle encourages fatigue-free cutting and supports both Western chopping and Asian rocking cuts. With their utmost attention to detail, skilled artisans ensure each knife is of the finest caliber. It takes more than 100 steps and 42 days to create one knife worthy of the MIYABI brand.
  • 3.5" paring knife, 5.5" santoku knife, 8" chef's knife, 9" bread knife, 9" steel, shears, block
  • Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offers exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
  • Dry Sharpened blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile
  • Ergonomic, triple-riveted POM handle nestles comfortably in the hand
  • Rounded spine and heel offer tireless cutting
  • Time-tested German engineering meets Japanese craftsmanship
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34010-000
Characteristics
  • Color: no-color
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Number of parts: 7
Measurements
  • Net weight: 7.00 lbs
MIYABI Evolution 7 Pc Knife Block Set
$755.00 $499.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
Miyabi Evolution 7-pc Knife Block Set is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 19.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from What a beautiful block set, perfect gift to have! These MIyabi Evolution set is made and handcrafted in Japan, fabricated from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide steel, Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offers exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance. I have a prep knife myself and it is scalpel-like sharpness and comfortably in the hand. What I love the most with these Miyabi Evolution set, it has everything a cook would ask for in their kitchen for every cooking needs. Its sharp and functionality is awesome..!!! I'd use this every day and never needed a lot of sharpening because it stays sharp as long that you honed it once in a while. This exquisite, shadow effects helps prevent food from sticking. Hand-honed blade finished with a true katana edge.
Date published: 2020-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Japanese Sharpness German Durability Evolution is the perfect marriage of Japanese and German knives. The western style "plastic" handle with three rivets is both comfortable and extremely durable. It has enough of a curve to fit in your hand but sleekness to be Asian. The blades are made from a very hard steel, FC61, that is extremely corrosion and chip resistant. They use a special dry sharpening method that achieves scalpel like sharpness, essential for fine slicing and chopping. The set is perfect introduction to this line and leaves a few open slots to add additional knives.
Date published: 2020-04-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Very sharp Miyabi Evolution knives are unique in that they are a Japanese blade with a very western styled handle. This means if you are used to a western handle but want to experiment with the thinner Japanese style blade you will find these very comfortable. Made from FC61 steel which has superior hardness to other types of steel these will be able to hold their razor sharp edge use after use. Zwilling has a patented ice hardening process that ensures all their knives, even these thin Japanese blades, are chip and crack resistant.
Date published: 2020-04-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great entry to Japanese cutlery I have been looking at trying Japanese cutlery for a while but was wary of the price and design. This set is great. I get a Western style handle with a Japanese blade. The steel is very sharp and has gone through the traditional Hombazuke three stone sharpening process. The watermarking on the blade shows the true craftsmanship and tradition harkening back to the making of Katana blades. The set is a good starter and I like that there are open slots for me to add more pieces to over time.
Date published: 2020-07-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great knife set This is a great Japanese knife collection. I really like the feel of the handle on these blades, it’s very comfortable and contours nicely. The blades have a nice lighter weight to it, but are very sharp. This is a great intro knife collection if you want to go from Western style knives to Asian. With the Evolution, it brings the two styles together, making it a much more durable Japanese knife.
Date published: 2020-03-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Culinary delight! This block is outstanding. Love the Japanese blades with a not so Japanese handle. Typical Japanese handles tend to be rounded. This Evolution handle is 3-riveted. More like some of the German knives I have. The 4 knives in the block are all very useful. The extra slots would allow me to add more but at this point I couldn't be more happy with what is included.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from my favorite knife I use the chef's knife multiple times a day and for a variety of uses. Its is super sharp, durable and light weight . I have been using this set for several years now and I have yet to sharpen them. I do use the honing steel which is a great tool to help keep them sharp. The design of the blade is simple and elegant. Very clean!
Date published: 2020-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This Evolution set is all you will ever need, though there are plenty of slots to add more Miyabis at your leisure! Get all of the essential knives in this block with the joy and comfort of the amazing Evolution handles. Maintain the signature long lasting sharpness of the Miybi blade with the accompanying honing steel.
  • y_2020, m_9, d_28, h_16
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_19
  • loc_en_US, sid_34010-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product

What is included in this set? More details needed...

Asked by: Brandon
The set consists of a 3.5" paring knife, a 5.5" hollow-edge Santoku, an 8" chef's knife, a 9" bread knife, a 9" sharpening steel, a 10-slot block, and kitchen shears.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2017-10-11
  • y_2020, m_9, d_28, h_16CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_34010-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 158ms
  • questions, product