Details

MIYABI Evolution 5-inch Prep Knife, fine edge

$119.99

Cutting-edge German technology with Japanese style and expertise

• FC61 fine carbide steel for razor-like sharpness
  • Comfortable, triple-riveted POM handle
  • Ice-hardened blade for durability and corrosion resistance
Miyabi Evolution 5.25-inch Prep Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 66.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_11, tr_55
  • loc_en_US, sid_34025-133, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 101ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-13-cm_5.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"5.00 inch","ID":"13-cm_5.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 5.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"34025-133-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 119 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

Handcrafted in Seki, Japan, MIYABI Evolution merges German engineering expertise with Japanese craftsmanship for the utmost control and accuracy in every cut. This 5-inch prep knife is a compact all-rounder knife for precision prep work in-hand and on the cutting board. It’s perfect for chopping herbs, slicing meat, and dicing vegetables. Ideal for smaller hands, chop with ease and confidence with this versatile fine edge blade.

Crafted from superior quality fine carbide steel that is often used in razor blades, the knives offer the signature sharpness for which Japanese knives are known. A sophisticated six-step ice hardening technique unlocks the steel’s full potential guaranteeing these FRIODURx2® blades boast remarkable initial sharpness, cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance, and chip-resistant toughness.

Beautifully polished to a mirror finish, the blades have a katana edge reminiscent of the samurai swords forged in the same town centuries ago. Curved for comfort and thicker at the end to prevent slipping, the triple-rivet handles encourage fatigue-free cutting. A rounded spine, heel, and bolster, plus nine hand-finishing steps ensure these handles have unsurpassed ergonomics.

• FC61 fine carbide steel for razor-like sharpness
  • Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
  • Hand-honed using three-step Honbazuke process
  • FRIODUR® blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 61
  • Mirror-finish blade with sandblasted katana edge
  • Triple-riveted glass-fiber enhanced POM handle with striking red spacers
  • Rounded spine and heel for a comfortable, ergonomic grip

Specifications

• Item no. 34025-133
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Edge finishing: Razor Edge Extra Smooth (PVA)
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 61 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Blade length: 5.12 in
MIYABI Evolution 5-inch Prep Knife, fine edge
5.0 (66)
Added to basket View basket checkout
Miyabi Evolution 5.25-inch Prep Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 66.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Miyabi Prep knife is perfect for those in between jobs where you don't need a chef's knife, but a paring knife won't do. Slices, chops, minces and dices just as well as my eight inch chef's knife, but much smaller and easier on the hand. The Evolution is made in Seki Japan but has a German style handle which makes it more comfortable in my hand. The knife is very sharp, and does not need to be sharpened as much as some of the other knives I own. Don't know what I would do without this knife. I use it for just about everything!
Date published: 2021-01-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from amazing prep knife This knife is the perfect size. Its bigger than a paring knife and smaller than my Chefs knife. I like that the handle is offset unlike a paring knife to allow easy use on a cutting board. The handle is very comfortable and nicely rounded. I like that it is a hybrid of both Western and Japanese cutlery bringing out the best of both. The blade is very sharp and the acute angle means thin accurate cuts and slices. The blade goes through a double hardening process to ensure a very durable and sharp blade that is easy to maintain.
Date published: 2020-07-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best knifes EVER! I love my Miyabi knives, sharpest knives I've ever owned! It is such a pleasure to cook with sharp knives, a dull knife really takes away from a joyful culinary experience!
Date published: 2021-05-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Sharp Knife Have had this knife for a month now. Is very comfortable to hold and easy to use. It just glides thru vegetables. Very slight pressure and a very clean cut.
Date published: 2018-06-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The great prep knife! This Evolution Pre knife is exceptionally sharp, a medium size but versatile. it is enjoyable to cut everything, fruits, vegetables, meat and even bread. It is better than utility knife, it is a smaller version of a chef knife for small food cutting needs. Curve handle is so comfortable in the hand. Evolution knife is made from revolutionary fine carbide FC61 steel, these knives offer the signature sharpness for which Japanese knives are known.
Date published: 2020-04-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great "Go Between" Knife This prep knife is a great knife for those in between jobs; when the parer is too small but the chef knife is too big. It's perfect for small fruits and vegetables or slicing meats and cheese. Evolution is made of an incredibly durable, chip resistant steel. With its razor sharp edge, it slices through anything like butter. I love the handle shape and size, perfect for my hand and durable enough to last a lifetime.
Date published: 2020-04-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from When an 8" Chef's knife is too large Beautiful thin Japanese blade meets Western handle for a effortless cutting experience. The patented ice hardening process leaves this blade exceptionally hard yet chip and crack resistant. Because the blade is forged from FC61 steel it is able to retain its razor sharp edge longer. I love this prep knife because it is smaller than a traditional Chef's knife but sturdy and sharp enough to tackle all the same jobs.
Date published: 2020-04-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great knife for slicing and dicing! I love the attention to detail on this lovely prep knife. From the smooth transition between blade and handle to the interesting logo on the blade As a perfect shape knife for chopping small amounts of veggies to slicing and dicing onions, it will get plenty of use in my kitchen. Meant to last a lifetime, the cutting edge certainly stays sharp and smooth unlike other Japanese brands that seem to nick a lot.
Date published: 2020-04-24
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_11, tr_55
  • loc_en_US, sid_34025-133, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 119ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;