437.50 $349.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -20%
437.50 $349.99
In Stock Free Shipping for Orders over $59
Ships within 1-2 days
Miyabi Black 5000MCD67 7-inch Santoku Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 35.
  • y_2020, m_7, d_11, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_32
  • loc_en_US, sid_34404-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 116ms
  • reviews, product

Description

The Miyabi Black 5000MCD is a true work of art. The blade is constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 HRC. This results in an exceptionally sharp and lasting edge. The blade is wrapped in 132 additional layers of steel, resulting in a beautiful flower damascus pattern.The handle of the Miyabi Black series is made from unique wood, black ash. The grain and color of the black ash contrasts with the damascus of the blade. The handle is crafted in a traditional "D" shape, providing optimal ergonomics for fatigue-free cutting in the kitchen.Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
  • Blade consists of 133 layers of steel, resulting in a floral damascus pattern
  • MC66 MicroCarbide steel is hardened to 66 HRC
  • D-shaped handle made from stunning black ash
  • Sharpened using a traditional, three step Honbazuke method
  • Hand crafted in Seki, Japan
  • Wooden handle
  • Steel end-cap and handle mosaic pin
  • Made by MIYABI in Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34404-183
Characteristics
  • Color: Brown
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: MC66
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 65-67 HRC
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.44 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.48 in
  • Width of product: 0.87 in
  • Height of product: 1.89 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
MIYABI Black 5000MCD67 7-inch Santoku Knife
$437.50 $349.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
Miyabi Black 5000MCD67 7-inch Santoku Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 35.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Superb knife. I am thrilled. This knife is worth every penny. The cutting ability is a dream, it is comfortable to hold in my smaller hands, and the beauty of the knife is exquisite. Everything about the knife screams top quality. I could not be happier. I also purchase the Miyabi Black honing steel in order to keep the very hard steel of this knife sharp at all times.
Date published: 2019-08-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Santoku is an Asian knife! What a great knife! This Miyabi Black 7" Santoku knife is a one of the favorite in this line, there that 5.5 as well! A knife is scalpel-like and yet still manageable. This is a true work of art, a knife is so sharp and fancy however it is so versatile you'll enjoy its performance and functionality. Blade consists of 133 layers of steel, resulting in a floral Damascus pattern. This exquisite, hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking. A striking maple wood handle shows uniqueness in every pieces. Scalpel-like sharpness knife, saves you time sharpening your knife because it stays sharp and honed it once in a while. The blade is constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 HRC.
Date published: 2020-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beauty, Durability & Sharpness! This Miyabi Black 5.5" Santoku knife is a one of the favorite in this line! A knife that changes how knife should be used on a daily basis, this santoku knife is manageable. This is a true work of art, a knife is so sharp and fancy however it is so versatile you'll enjoy its performance and functionality. Blade consists of 133 layers of steel, resulting in a floral Damascus pattern. This exquisite, hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking. A striking maple wood handle shows uniqueness in every pieces. Scalpel-like sharpness knife, saves you time sharpening your knife because it stays sharp and honed it once in a while. The blade is constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 HRC.
Date published: 2020-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great chopper Great for home cooking - chopping and prepping vegetables. It is all that a professional could want. It is tough and it is hard. It will stand up to hours of work and hold an edge for months on end. That's because it has 133 layers of super-premium steel, ice hardened to 66 on the Rockwell. All that means to me is that I love cutting with every one of these knives. It is effortless. It makes my strokes elegant and I easily get into a rhythm when I am using a Miyabi Black. I love this line!
Date published: 2020-05-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The depth of the damascus design is more beautiful than any I've ever seen. The 132 layers protect a core of one of the hardest steels you will ever find in a kitchen knife, MC66. It is so impressive both in how incredibly sharp it is but how well it holds that edge. The handle is true to its Japanese heritage and beautifully crafted from wood. This shorter blade length is perfect for someone who feels a 7" blade is simply too big. It's perfect for chopping fruits and veggies.
Date published: 2020-04-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful santoku What a beautiful Japanese knife. I love how sharp this blade is, it chops anything like it’s butter. With the 133 layers of MC66 steel, you get an exceptionally sharp knife, while also having a durable blade thanks to it being ice hardened. The black ash wood handles accents well with the blade aesthetic. These are some of the best Japanese knives on the market. The santoku knife is a nice in between size, smaller in length, but still a wide blade to chop through produce easily.
Date published: 2020-03-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Everything about this knife says it is the top of the line and Ithink it is worth every penny. The way it cuts through vegetables and meats is effortless and the beauty of the knife is exquisite. The core is MC66 steel which reaches 66 on the hardness scale meaning the fine edge will retain its razor sharp angle use after use. The core is protected by an impressive 132 layers to create the damascus pattern. I could not be happier each time I use it.
Date published: 2020-04-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Incredible Damascus Pattern This Miyabe knife is not only razor sharp but it has an incredible Damascus pattern made from 132 layers of steel wrapped around a MC66 steel core. This knife will retain its sharpness use after use and the Japanese traditional D-shaped handle is made from black ash which is as eye catching as it is comfortable to hold. The smaller 5.5 inch size can tackle any job but is a good size for even people will smaller hands.
Date published: 2020-04-14
  • y_2020, m_7, d_11, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_32
  • loc_en_US, sid_34404-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 8ms
  • reviews, product

What are the specific usage for this knife? advantages vs other knives?

Asked by: SteveP
Santoku knives are generally used for slicing and chopping all different kinds of foods. This particular knife is great for precision cuts and dicing or mincing meats, fruits, and vegetables. The MC66 steel is significantly harder than other steels, at 66 HRC, which means that, in addition to being incredibly sharp, this knife is going to have superior edge retention.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-12-09

Hello, I would like to know the sharpening angle of this knife. Best regards, Dany

Asked by: ddmach
The blade angle of this knife is 10-12° per side.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-12-09
  • y_2020, m_7, d_11, h_15CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_34404-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 135ms
  • questions, product