350.00 $279.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -20%
350.00 $279.99
In Stock Free Shipping
Ships within 1-2 days
Miyabi Black 5000MCD67 6-inch Utility Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 20.
  • y_2020, m_9, d_24, h_16
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_19
  • loc_en_US, sid_34402-153, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 179ms
  • reviews, product

Description

The Miyabi Black 5000MCD is a true work of art. The blade is constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 HRC. This results in an exceptionally sharp and lasting edge. The blade is wrapped in 132 additional layers of steel, resulting in a beautiful flower damascus pattern.The handle of the Miyabi Black series is made from unique wood, black ash. The grain and color of the black ash contrasts with the damascus of the blade. The handle is crafted in a traditional "D" shape, providing optimal ergonomics for fatigue-free cutting in the kitchen.Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
  • Blade consists of 133 layers of steel, resulting in a floral damascus pattern
  • MC66 MicroCarbide steel is hardened to 66 HRC
  • D-shaped handle made from stunning black ash
  • Sharpened using a traditional, three step Honbazuke method
  • Hand crafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34402-153
Characteristics
  • Color: Brown
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: MC66
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.33 lbs
  • Length of product: 11.73 in
  • Width of product: 8.78 in
  • Height of product: 1.57 in
  • Blade length: 5.91 in
MIYABI Black 5000MCD67 6-inch Utility Knife
$350.00 $279.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
Miyabi Black 5000MCD67 6-inch Utility Knife is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 20.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A new "go to" knife Sometimes an 8" chef knife is just too big, that's when I grab this 6" utility. It's the perfect size for cutting a smaller onion, celery, carrots but can also work nicely on small cuts of meat or cheese. Its thin blade profile, very small edge angle paired with one of the hardest steels used in kitchen knives makes this the very best you can buy. Miayabi Black is made from MC66 steel which is extremely hard and will result in incredible sharpness and edge retention. The 132 layer Damascus design and the dark wood handle make it a stunning knife to have in your kitchen. Hand crafted in Japan, it truly is the ultimate knife to own.
Date published: 2020-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Utility knife is my go-to knife! This Miyabi Black 6" knife is next to my favorite prep knife I personally owned. Cutting and slicing food is so easy with this knife, a scalpel-like sharpness is priceless. This is a true work of art, a knife is so sharp, beautiful and fancy, It's enjoyable its versatility, performance, durability and functionality. Blade consists of 133 layers of steel, resulting in a floral Damascus pattern. This exquisite, hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking. A striking maple wood handle shows uniqueness in every pieces. The blade is constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 HRC. Hand washing is recommended.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Miyabi Black series knives are not for everyone but if you're looking for an incredible Japanese knife this would be the right choice. The core is made of MC66 steel which is the hardest steel available. This means the razor sharp edge will remain that way use after use. The core is wrapped in an impressive 132 additional layers of steel to make the damascus pattern. The Black Ash used to make the handle is the highest quality.  The six inch utility knife will come in handy for smaller cutting tasks like fruits and vegetables and even sandwich making.
Date published: 2020-04-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Handy little knife for daily use. Great for everyday tasks, making a salad or a sandwich, slicing fruits and vegetables and meats. Miyabi Black knives are sleek, elegant, hand-made and incredibly hard. They are the hardest knives we make, 66 on the Rockwell scale. The dual beveled blade edges are sharpened to a slight 10 to 12 degrees on each side. All this means is they will slice so smoothly it will bring a smile to your face each time you use one. And these knives are also gorgeous. The Damascus pattern on the 133-layer blade complements the beautiful Japanese Black Ash handle. No two are alike. These knives take a little maintenance to keep the wood handles smooth and beautiful. Enjoy and care for these knives for a lifetime.
Date published: 2020-05-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I can't believe that you can actually use something every day that looks this beautiful. What an absolute piece of art! The blade is gorgeous with 133 layers and an edge that can cut the thinnest slices imaginable yet feels light in the hand and has a perfect balance. The Black Ash handle is not only stunning but feels great in both a right handed as well as a left handed cook. This knife is the perfect length for smaller tasks such as mincing garlic and herbs, slicing small fruits and vegetables and mushrooms.
Date published: 2020-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great in between knife I needed something to fill the gap between my paring an chefs knives. This one is the perfect size. Its great for all my vegetable and herb prep. The Ash handle is very comfortable and smooth. Being wood it is a unique piece. The blade is made of 133 layers of steel with a very hard core giving it a great edge that is easy to maintain. All the hallmarks of Japanese craftsmanship are here from the mosaic pin in the handle to the traditional Katana style watermarking above the blade edge.
Date published: 2020-07-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A beautiful utility knife This is a beautiful Japanese Utility knife. I love how sharp this blade is, it slices through anything like it’s butter. With the beautiful flower damascus design of the 133 layers of MC66 steel, you get an exceptionally sharp knife, while also having a durable blade thanks to it being ice hardened. These are some of the best Japanese knives on the market, not only for use, but aesthetically as well with the layered steel and black ashwood handles.
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Knifes I love I spent about 1,000 on these knifes. I had CUTCO previous and these knives hold an edge a lot longer and cut a lot smoother not to mention they are very flashy and very nice looking
Date published: 2020-09-20
  • y_2020, m_9, d_24, h_16
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_19
  • loc_en_US, sid_34402-153, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 90ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 221ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;