Details

MIYABI Artisan 7-inch Rocking santoku, fine edge

$219.99

Exceptional Japanese steel with a stunning Cocobolo Rosewood handle

• SG2 (MC63) micro-carbide powder steel - 63 Rockwell hardness
  • Tsuchime hand-hammered finish prevents sticking
  • D-shaped, Cocobolo Rosewood Pakkawood handle
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Miyabi Artisan 7-inch Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 217.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_18, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_45, tr_172
  • loc_en_US, sid_34088-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 100ms
  • reviews, product
{"brown-18-cm_7.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"brown","ID":"brown","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color brown is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7.00 inch","ID":"18-cm_7.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"34088-183-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 219 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

This 7-inch hollow edge rocking santoku is perfect for all kitchen tasks and rocking cuts. Santoku - Japanese for "three virtues" - excels at three cutting techniques: expertly mince garlic, slice cucumber, and dice onions with this Asian-style all-rounder.

MIYABI celebrates Japanese craftsmanship with Artisan. Using traditional methods and innovative techniques, these knives merge the past and present into an exceptional knife collection.

The potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is layered in a stunning Tsuchime finish. This exquisite, hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking. The CRYODUR® blades feature exceptional sharpness and durability thanks to their innovative, ice-hardening treatment. Each knife features a hand-honed blade finished with a true katana edge, a homage to the samurai swords made in Seki centuries ago.

Crafted with special Cocobolo Rosewood Pakkawood, the handles mirror the beauty of the blade. Sophisticated details include brass and red spacers, a mosaic pin and a stainless-steel end cap. The attractive D-shaped handle is designed to nestle comfortably in your hand for tireless cutting.

• Crafted from revolutionary SG2 (MC63) micro-carbide powder steel - 63 Rockwell hardness
  • Tsuchime hand-hammered finish prevents sticking
  • Ice-hardened CRYODUR blade for exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
  • Hand-honed, 3-step Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
  • Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile - 9.5-12° edge angle
  • Mirror-polished blade with sandblasted katana edge
  • D-shaped, Cocobolo Rosewood Pakkawood handle
  • Hand wash only
  • Handcrafted in Seki, Japan

Specifications

• Item no. 34088-183
Characteristics
  • Color: brown
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: MC63
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 63 HRC
  • Colour handle: brown
  • Substance handle: pakka Wood
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.82 lbs
  • Length of product: 14.72 in
  • Width of product: 2.99 in
  • Height of product: 0.98 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
  • Handle length: 4.53 in
  • Handle width: 0.79 in
  • Blade width: 0.08 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.08 in
MIYABI Artisan 7-inch Rocking santoku, fine edge
4.9 (217)
Added to basket View basket checkout
Miyabi Artisan 7-inch Rocking Santoku Knife is rated 4.9 out of 5 by 217.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Not all santokus are created equal I love this knife even though I don't use a rocking santoku that often. I chop. My mother and grandmother chopped. So the nuances of a rocking santoku can be lost on me, but not with this knife (see also Miyabi Birchwood and Miyabi Black). This a well balanced santoku with enough stability to get through larger produce - Italian eggplant, large artichokes, butternut squash. The 7" length is just right and the elegant arc is just right for finer slicing. And this knife is beautiful. The pounded SG2 steel stays bright and shiny. The wood handle is durable and steady in my hand. Love, love, love it!
Date published: 2020-03-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Pleasantly Surprised I received this beautiful tool as a wedding gift. I know a good deal about knives and I think the price is fair considering the beauty of the blade, and wood used. To get an SG2 core knife at this price that looks this good is definitely a steal. As for performance. I don't own a sharper, thinner knife. I love the flexibility that is in the blade as well. At first, I thought the handle would be uncomfortable because it has a large belly and it is "D" shaped. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable this knife feels. I actually really enjoy the thicker handle, even though I have small hands.
Date published: 2021-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Elegant af You can pretty much drop this knife over any veggie and it'll cut through it. The handle is natural to the hand and rests barely against the wrist for added leverage. The blade is in balance with the handle for ideal control and consistent cuts. The steel of the blade is night and day compared to the cheaper fusion series and even sounds cleaner and less crunchy when chopping stiff foods like carrots.
Date published: 2017-03-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Worth the investment If you like cooking and are cutting/prepping almost every day, then this is worth every penny and then some. I could immediately tell the difference with how sharp this thing is. Slicing through vegetables takes almost zero downward force. A soft, simple slicing motion is all it takes to achieve clean, uniform cuts. And as an added bonus, it’s absolutely beautiful! Truly a work of art and just staring at it gives me pleasure.
Date published: 2019-12-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Elegant, sharp, refined I am surprised at how much I am enjoying slicing and chopping vegetables. I look forward to picking up this knife! The Miyabi Rocking Santoku is a beautiful tool with a lot of great qualities: its extremely sharp, t's heavy enough to work for me, the wooden grip is a joy to hold, and as a rocking knife i can trace through my slicing. I generally prefer a rocker that has a bigger blade, but I opted for this one because it's just such a joy to use. It's now my "go to" knife.
Date published: 2021-05-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Just holding this knife puts me in my happy place! I absolutely adore the look and the feel of this knife in my hands. But beyond that, I have never had a knife do its job as efficiently and as smoothly as with this knife. The shape of the rocking Santoku is perfect for every task that I do with a large profile knife. I get a great chop from the flat part of the blade and the full cutting motion with the curve at the front. The Rocking Santoku is pure genius and when you put it into the beautiful Artisan handle and blade you have reached perfection!
Date published: 2020-03-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing! I have been looking for a specific knife for a very long time. I got into cooking/prepping while working at a restaurant. My boss offered me great information and tips and also taught me how to use a knife properly. Since then I’ve been knife shopping, and I’m very particular. I wanted something that held an edge, sliced like perfection, and was comfortable and easy to use. This knife has all of those qualities and more. It’s easy to use, fits comfortable in my hand, rocks amazingly and is equally balanced. I love it! I live in Alaska so finding good knives is difficult, I found this one in Washington, while on vacation, in a Zwilling store. I will definitely be going back to build my collection. Not to mention, these knives are beautiful!
Date published: 2021-08-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Must Have Miyabi Knife! What I love the most with this Miyabi knife is it rocks quietly for it is so sharpness and functionality is awesome..!!! I'd use this every day and never needed a lot of sharpening because it stays sharp as long that you honed it once in a while. Don't forget The potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is layered in a Tsuchime finish. This exquisite, hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking. Each knife features a hand-honed blade finished with a true katana edge, a homage to the samurai swords made in Seki centuries ago.
Date published: 2020-03-25
  • y_2024, m_3, d_18, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_45, tr_172
  • loc_en_US, sid_34088-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
  • reviews, product

Just got knife as gift. Where can I get a sheath for it? 7" Rocking Santoku

Asked by: BenA
We do not make a sheath for this knife, but you can shop our cases, blocks, and other storage options here: https://www.zwilling.com/us/cutlery/knife-blocks-storage/
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2019-12-29

is the knife easily resharpened

Asked by: BOOMHIGH
Yes, this knife is easily resharpened through a combination of home maintenance with a Miyabi-branded or other sharpener tailored to Japanese knives with blade angles of 10-12° and professional sharpening 1-2 times a year, depending on how often the knife is used.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-09-19
  • y_2024, m_3, d_18, h_10CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_34088-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 102ms
  • questions, product