Details

MIYABI 800 DP 8-inch, Chef's knife

{"no-color-20-cm_8.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"8.00 inch","ID":"20-cm_8.00-inch","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 8.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"54481-203-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false}}
Variations
  • no-color

Promotions

N/A
Add to cart options
Product Actions

This item is currently not available.

This item is out of stock
As soon as it's available again, you will receive an e-mail from us.
Please enter a valid email address.
We saved your request. Hopefully you will hear from us soon.
N/A
MIYABI 800 DP 20-cm_8.00-inch 8-inch, Chef's knife no-color is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 117.
  • y_2021, m_7, d_30, h_19
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.18
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_28, tr_89
  • loc_en_US, sid_54481-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 174ms
  • reviews, product

Specifications

• Item no. 54481-203
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: Fine Edge
  • Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
  • Manufacturing method: welded
  • Number of parts: 1
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 60-62 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.48 lbs
  • Length of product: 13.27 in
  • Width of product: 0.91 in
  • Height of product: 2.05 in
  • Blade length: 7.87 in
  • Handle length: 5.39 in
  • Handle width: 0.94 in
  • Blade width: 0.08 in
  • Blade thickness: 0.08 in
MIYABI 800 DP 8-inch, Chef's knife
N/A
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
MIYABI 800 DP 20-cm_8.00-inch 8-inch, Chef's knife no-color is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 117.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful Workhorse The 8" chef knife is a workhorse in my kitchen; it's used more than any other knife. It chops vegetables and fruits, minces herbs and garlic and slices meat. I love the handle design and construction of German knives with their curves that fit perfectly in the palm of my hand and the solid three rivet construction. But I also love the incredible sharpness and beauty of a Japanese knife. This is the perfect combination for the parer making peeling or mincing a simple task. The new type of steel used is very chip resistant; a key feature to maintaining the thin, sharp blade.
Date published: 2020-06-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing product This is by far the best Knive I have used in my career as a chef. At first it took me a few minutes to adjust to the handle considering I use western style knives. I do have a few Japanese knives. But this one exceeded all my expectations from the quality of sharpness and material to the design. I am not bragging but this is the best knive I have worked with in my entire career and would highly recommend to anyone that wants to step up their knife game. Again, I highly recommend it I haven't stopped raving about it to friends and family and social media.
Date published: 2021-02-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The 8" Chef knife is the work horse in any professional or home kitchen and this one will soon become your all time favorite. Habana means “spark” in Japanese and is an apt description of the gorgeous Damascus pattern on these blades. Made by Miyabi in Seki with a core of FC61 steel surrounded by 48 layers of softer steels, each blade has been hand crafted by 46 Japanese artisans. FC 61 is a steel commonly used in razor blades because of its superior cutting edge retention and durability. Able to achieve an acute angle edge that is easy to maintain and re-sharpen without chipping or corrosion. The chic looking POM handle, round spine and curved bolster make this an extremely ergonomic and comfortable knife to hold and use for long periods of time.
Date published: 2020-05-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great service! I was originally went to Sur Le Table because I was in the market for a new chefs knife. I was looking for a Shun from the beginning but, the associate working that day had me try a couple of things out to make sure I weighed my options. I ended up choosing the Miyabi 800 DP because, other than feeling great in my hand; It was the sharpest knife out of the box I’ve ever seen. It’s great so far, it has been my baby for the past month. It holds an edge pretty long and cuts smooth as butter, I’m super happy with my purchase!
Date published: 2021-03-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excellent I received this knife from my wife as an early Christmas present and I love it. First of all, it's beautiful. From the damascus pattern on the blade, to the slender yet hefty design of the handle, it is just very aesthetically pleasing. The blade comes sharp right out of the box, and for me, it feels absolutely perfect in my hand. I love the weight that the handle provides, much more to it than the Kaizen II, and the overall balance that it attributes to the knife. It's by far the best knife I've handled.
Date published: 2020-12-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful Beautifully crafted knife, I upgraded from a decent calphalon set and these miyabi knives blow them away! I just enjoy cooking and use them a good amount while at home, but they look and feel professional. Plus I get tons of compliments on the Damascus!!
Date published: 2021-03-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful I love the Miyabi chef knife. Not only is it very sharp and strong but it is very beautiful.
Date published: 2021-07-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Multi functional Hibana means "spark"- The sparks that fly off the steel when the knives are forged! This Gyutos is a multi functional knife with a slight edge toward cutting meats. Gyutos means cow sword. The nice long blade is great for forward slicing as well as rocking. The Hibana collection is a high end Japanese steel that is as beautiful to look at as it to use. This is a high performance, super sharp and durable blade. The handle is classic three rivet and extrermly comfortable to hold.
Date published: 2020-05-09
  • y_2021, m_7, d_30, h_19
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.18
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_28, tr_89
  • loc_en_US, sid_54481-203, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 10ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 126ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;