Details

MIYABI 800 DP 7-inch Rocking Santoku

{"no-color-18-cm_7.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7.00 inch","ID":"18-cm_7.00-inch","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"54488-183-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false}}
Variations
  • no-color

Promotions

N/A
Add to cart options
Product Actions

This item is currently not available.

This item is out of stock
As soon as it's available again, you will receive an e-mail from us.
Please enter a valid email address.
We saved your request. Hopefully you will hear from us soon.
N/A
MIYABI 800 DP 18-cm_7.00-inch 7-inch Rocking Santoku no-color is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 37.
  • y_2021, m_10, d_19, h_18
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.19
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_6, tr_31
  • loc_en_US, sid_54488-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 151ms
  • reviews, product

Specifications

• Item no. 54488-183
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Japan
  • Substance: FC61
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Number of parts: 1
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 61
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
MIYABI 800 DP 7-inch Rocking Santoku
N/A
Added to basket View basket checkout
mobile zoom dialog
MIYABI 800 DP 18-cm_7.00-inch 7-inch Rocking Santoku no-color is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 37.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Rock and Chop I love the amazing sharpness of a Santoku and how it chops through an onion perfectly. But I also like being able to chop celery and onions more efficiently using a rocking cutting motion. This rocking Santoku allows me to do both! I love the handle design and construction of German knives with their curves that fit perfectly in the palm of my hand and the solid three rivet construction. But I also love the incredible sharpness and beauty of a Japanese knife. This is the perfect combination for the parer making peeling or mincing a simple task. The new type of steel used is very chip resistant; a key feature to maintaining the thin, sharp blade.
Date published: 2020-06-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Three virtues Hibana means "spark"- The sparks that fly off the steel when the knives are forged! This 7" Santoku knife is excellent for slicing, chopping and dicing fruits, vegetables and meats. The nice wide blade is perfect for scooping foods off the cutting board. Excellent for percision cutting. The Hibana collection is a high end Japanese steel that is as beautiful to look at as it to use. The Damascus steel pattern is hammered to represent the image of sparks in its layers. This is a high performance, super sharp and durable blade. The handle is classic three rivet and extrermly comfortable to hold.
Date published: 2020-05-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Such a great knife! I love a Rocking Santoku knife and this is a great one. The 49 layered spark Damascus patterned blade provides optimal smoothness and sharpness to chop, mince, slice through your foods effortlessly. The handle on this blade is very comfortable in hand, the knife has a great weight to it, and with the curved bolster, I can hold the knife securely and without making indentions on my hand from holding the knife. The ice hardened blade really makes it more durable and sharper, so a great knife to have in your kitchen! A nice alternative knife if you don’t need a Chef knife, but still want something that has a nice blade size to it.
Date published: 2020-05-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from so good This is the first Japanese knife I have purchased and it's absolutely amazing. It's so sharp and feels incredible in the hands love it. I like the way it rocks it makes fast chopping so easy. 10/10 will be buying more knives in the future for sure.
Date published: 2021-05-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A rocking santoku is a cross between a chef and a santoku with the attributes of both blades. Rocks like a chef but enables the use of the whole blade for chopping like a Santoku. Habana means “spark” in Japanese and is an apt description of the gorgeous Damascus pattern on these blades. Made by Miyabi in Seki with a core of FC61 steel surrounded by 48 layers of softer steels, each blade has been hand crafted by 46 Japanese artisans. FC 61 is a steel commonly used in razor blades because of its superior cutting edge retention and durability. Able to achieve an acute angle edge that is easy to maintain and re-sharpen without chipping or corrosion. The chic looking POM handle, round spine and curved bolster make this an extremely ergonomic and comfortable knife to hold and use for long periods of time.
Date published: 2020-05-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This knife has a core of FC61 carbide steel and is surrounded by an additional 48 layers of stainless steel creating a beautiful Damascus pattern. The added layers provide strength and protection to the core making the knife exceptionally durable. The blade is razor sharp and get through the toughest vegetables. I love the the blade is curved allowing rocking cuts so your blade never leaves the board making your prep jobs quicker and more efficient.
Date published: 2020-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This Santoku Rocks Sleek multi-layered Damascus spark patterned blade with contrasting black handle and brass accents. The curved blade is ideal for chopping vegetables, mincing fresh herbs, or slicing meats and can be used in a rocking motion. Comfortable contoured handle with a curved bolster promoting a pinch grip for added control while rocking or chopping.
Date published: 2020-05-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Sharpest knife I own. (Which is saying a lot.) I love this knife! Sharp as a scalpel, but so far it's held an edge really well for such a steep-angled edge. I look forward to seeing how long it keeps it's edge with just minor honing before I needs a stone. Plus, the damascus pattern is simply beautiful! It makes you want to use the knife every chance you have. Happy with my purchase.
Date published: 2020-12-24
  • y_2021, m_10, d_19, h_18
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.19
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_6, tr_31
  • loc_en_US, sid_54488-183, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 146ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;