Details

Henckels Modernist 7-inch, hollow edge Santoku

$39.99
Henckels Modernist 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.5 out of 5 by 46.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_5, tr_41
  • loc_en_US, sid_17518-181, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 130ms
  • reviews, product
{"silver-13-cm_5.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"silver","ID":"silver","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color silver is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"5.00 inch","ID":"13-cm_5.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 5.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"17518-141-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true},"silver-18-cm_7.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"silver","ID":"silver","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color silver is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7.00 inch","ID":"18-cm_7.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"17518-181-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
Variations
Size: 7.00 inch
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 39 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

The Modernist 7-inch fine edge santoku is a Japanese-style chef’s knife. Efficiently slice through meat, fish, and vegetables with the help of the heel to tip straight edge blade, useful for the ‘push cut” technique.

Beautiful and practical, the Modernist cutlery line features a fully forged bolster construction that seamlessly transitions from blade to handle for durability, balance, and striking design. Fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel, the satin-finished blade produces precision cuts and is honed for long-lasting sharpness. Equally ergonomic and stylish, the hollow stainless-steel handle is wonderfully lightweight. Its fingerprint-proof sandblasted texture is easy to grip and is beautifully finished with a polished, logo-embossed end. Enjoy effortless cutting and cleanup with these dishwasher-safe knives.

• High-quality German stainless steel
  • Satin finished blade
  • Fully forged bolster construction for durability, balance, and design
  • Lightweight, ergonomic, stainless-steel handle with a fingerprint-proof sandblasted texture that is easy to grip
  • Polished end cap with embossed logo
  • Enjoy fatigue-free cutting with this ultra-sharp blade
  • Dishwasher safe

Specifications

• Item no. 17518-181
Characteristics
  • Color: silver
  • Country of origin: China
  • Substance: german stainless steel
  • Type of handle: concealed tang
  • Type of edge: hollow edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 53-55 HRC
  • Colour handle: silver
  • Substance handle: stainless steel
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.48 lbs
  • Length of product: 12.48 in
  • Width of product: 0.87 in
  • Height of product: 1.73 in
  • Blade length: 7.09 in
Henckels Modernist 7-inch, hollow edge Santoku
4.5 (46)
Added to basket View basket checkout
Henckels Modernist 7-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.5 out of 5 by 46.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Asian Santoku Knife! This Modernist 7" Santoku is great for everything, Asian style cutting for large meat, vegetables and fruits. Hollow edge creates indention to the blade, a barrier between the steel and the food preventing from sticking. Fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel, the satin-finished blade produces precision cuts and is honed for long-lasting sharpness. Handle is wonderfully lightweight, blade is fully forged bolster construction, for durability and balance. Exceptional value for exceptionala knife. Enjoy effortless cutting and cleanup with these dishwasher safe knives.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Full Stainless Steel Asian Knife! This Modernist 5" Santoku is one of the best buy value brand knife. It's great for everything, Asian style cutting for meat, vegetables and fruits. Hollow edge creates indention to the blade, a barrier between the steel and the food preventing from sticking. Fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel, the satin-finished blade produces precision cuts and is honed for long-lasting sharpness. Handle is wonderfully lightweight, blade is fully forged bolster construction, for durability and balance. Enjoy effortless cutting and cleanup with these dishwasher safe knives.
Date published: 2020-04-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Delightful surprise! These are fully forged knives - a sign of top quality. They are made with one of Zwilling's proprietary steels - so they won't stain, they will stay sharp. And they are designed for comfort with optimal sized grips for most people. They are also lighter than most knives. So if weight is an issue for you, you will like these knives. This 7-inch santoku is a dream. Slices through vegetables as well as my really expensive specialty knives. Nice balance and grip. Gives me the leverage I need for hefty foods - jicama, kohlrabi, celery root.
Date published: 2020-04-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Really good chopper! Nice to have a handy little chopper around. Santoku knives have become a regular in many kitchens. Versatile and strong enough to chop vegetables, dice meat, and cut through fish bones. Very worth having it in your knife collection. Never thought I would be a fan of an all metal knife. But like many things these days, I'm an old dog learning new tricks. This knife - this entire line - rocks! And it looks good too! These are fully forged knives - a sign of top quality. They are made with one of Zwilling's proprietary steels - so they won't stain, they will stay sharp. And they are designed for comfort with optimal sized grips for most people. They are also lighter than most knives. So if weight is an issue for you, you will like these knives. Great values!
Date published: 2020-04-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Mother's Day Gift My kids gave this to me for Mother's Day, and I couldn't be more pleased with their selection. Always wanted a Santoku style knife. It is sharper than my Chef's knife because the angle is smaller. Love the way I can utilize the entire blade because the bolster doesn't interfere with the back of the blade. Great for chopping, mincing and dicing. The knife is very sturdy but at the same time lightweight. Thinking of getting the 5.5 ' one for smaller jobs.
Date published: 2020-06-03
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Contemporary Appeal The Modernist collection has a beautiful full stainless steel appearance with a sandblasted handle for a comfortable nonslip grip. These are much lighter than you'd expect because, although forged, the handle is partly hollow to prevent cutting fatigue. Santoku knives are excellent for all your chopping and slicing tasks and the hollow air pockets along the edge are designed to help prevent food from sticking to the blade as you slice.
Date published: 2020-04-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good Forged Knife Forged from German steel gives this knife great edge retention and a really nice weight and balance. It's super sharp blade chops through onions and carrots with great precision, making it the perfect go-to knife day in and day out. I love the brushed handle; even when wet, it has a little grab that keeps it from being slippery. I generally hand wash all my knives, but it's nice to know it's dishwasher safe.
Date published: 2020-05-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from sleek and modern I love the look of this knife almost as well as it cuts. The all steel design is very sleek. The satin finished handle is very comfortable to hold. The blade itself is very sharp and very strong. The slim blade profile gives me thin accurate slices and cuts. I knew I was going to purchase a Henckels knife because the name has always meant quality to me and this new look sealed the deal.
Date published: 2020-07-30
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_5, tr_41
  • loc_en_US, sid_17518-181, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 3ms
  • reviews, product

WHAT IS ANGLE OF BEVEL ON THIS KNIFE?

Asked by: GFigs
10-12 degrees on each side.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2023-06-16
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_1
  • loc_en_US, sid_17518-181, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 100ms
  • questions, product