• (no colour)
YOU SAVE: -68%
500.00 $159.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -68%
500.00 $159.99
J.A. Henckels International Modernist 13-pc Knife Block Set is rated 4.1 out of 5 by 25.
  • y_2020, m_4, d_7, h_17
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_24
  • loc_en_US, sid_17500-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 7ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock Free Shipping for Orders over $59
Ships within 1-2 days
Item No. 17500-000
Henckels International Modernist 13-pc Knife Block Set
$500.00 $159.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
Each knife in the Henckels International Modernist Block Set features a fully forged bolster for sturdy, balanced cutting. Equally ergonomic and stylish, the lightweight, stainless steel handles have an easy-to-grip, sandblasted texture and a polished, logo-embossed stainless end cap that adds aesthetic appeal to your knife block. HI Modernist stands for superb quality at a remarkable value.
  • High-quality German stainless steel
  • Lightweight, ergonomic, stainless steel handle
  • Polished end cap with embossed logo
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Includes 3" paring knife, 4" paring knife, 5" serrated utility knife, 7" santoku knife, 8" bread knife, 8" chef's knife, 4 x 4.5" steak knives, kitchen shears, 9" sharpening steel, and knife block (black)
  • Made in China
Charasteristics
  • Country of origin: China
  • Substance: German Stainless Steel
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Number of parts: 13
J.A. Henckels International Modernist 13-pc Knife Block Set is rated 4.1 out of 5 by 25.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Good knives - Tremendous value! Had to give it the 5th star for the value. Don't get me wrong, these are very good knives, but better ones do exist. But this line, this set won me over. It has everything you could want to cook with for a very long, long time. For the record, I never thought I would be a fan of an all metal knife. But like many things these days, I'm an old dog learning new tricks. This knife - this entire line - rocks! And it looks good too! These are fully forged knives - a sign of top quality. They are made with one of Zwilling's proprietary steels - so they won't stain, they will stay sharp. And they are designed for comfort with optimal sized grips for most people. They are also lighter than most knives. So if weight is an issue for you, you will like these knives.
Date published: 2020-04-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Long lasting sharpness. I bought this set over a year ago and ever piece is still working strong. I have a special sharpening tool and these blades sharpen really quickly. The steak knives get a lot of use and still look good and work great. I would recommend this set to anyone. Unfortunately, the set did not come with an 8" bread knife even though it has a slot to add one. It came with a 5' inch bread knife. However, the 8" inch is available to buy separately.
Date published: 2019-10-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Sleek and contemporary Very sleek, contemporary German design. If you want a set of knives that will look great in a contemporary styled kitchen, this set is a great match. Nice balance and weight plus they stay sharp with regular use of the sharpening steel. The black block offers a unique look that differs from most knife blocks. I purchased this set for a friend that's a creative home chef and he absolutely loves them.
Date published: 2020-03-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good balance, strong, edge retention could be... Got this set as a gift from my wife last Christmas. The scissors and Santoku get the majority of use. Never sharpened the scissors and use them all the time. I do have to re-work on the Santoku using more than the supplied steel. The knives feel great in hand, and are easily controlled. Overall I like this set a lot...but you do get what you pay for and this was our budget at the time.
Date published: 2019-07-30
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Wish I never bought these Seems I made an error giving up my ever edge, I love your brand but this knife set wont even cut my tenderloin, the softest of meats it will not cut as the serated blade is terrible and not sharp. Its beautiful but that does not cut my eat does it!
Date published: 2019-07-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The modern knives you're looking for The name really speaks for itself, I love how modern of a look it is. I was looking for something with this aesthetic and it’s perfect. The block set is a great assortment of blade shapes, all knives I would use in my kitchen. The textured handle contours nicely to my hand and has a good weight to it as well.
Date published: 2020-03-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Really Nice Design I really enjoy the way these knives look. It’s a very good take on an all stainless steel knife design. The textured handle is a nice way to make sure the handle stays in your hand while also giving you a very comfortable, rounded handle. These knives are great for the value!
Date published: 2020-03-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Lightweight yet durable! I loved how these knives felt in my hand - comfortable, lightweight, yet feel sturdy. I also like that there are 2 paring knives for different tasks! Nice to also have the 4 steak knives for those meat occasions! Overall, a great block set for a very good value!
Date published: 2020-03-25
  • y_2020, m_4, d_7, h_17
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_24
  • loc_en_US, sid_17500-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product

Can the scissors be bought seperately? I cannot find them.

Asked by: Raquel87
Spare or replacement shears and scissors can be purchased separately here: zwilling.com/us/tools/kitchen-shears/
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-02-09

Hi, I own this knive set and the plastic of my scissors broke. What is the warranty policy on suvh a damage? Can this be replaced? I don't see the scissors being available to be purchased seperately. Thank you!

Asked by: Raquel87
If you believe your shears broke due to a manufacturing defect, they carry a lifetime warranty. You can learn more and find claim instructions here: https://www.zwilling.com/us/warranty.html If you feel warranty does not apply, you can shop shears and scissors for replacement here: zwilling.com/us/tools/kitchen-shears/
Date published: 2020-02-09

What's the hardness of these blades? What are the handles made of? There's reports of rusting. Are the knive blades forged or is it stamped/laser cut? Are the knives full tang?

Asked by: Eggies
The blades are 55-58 HRC. The handles are made of stainless steel. There is carbon in the blades, so they can rust if not cared for properly. To prevent rusting, we recommend hand washing and promptly and thoroughly drying your cutlery before storage. To remove rust/other staining, you can use a cookware cleaner, like Bar Keepers Friend. This style is forged. The knives are 1/3-2/3 tang with a metal end cap for improved balance.
Date published: 2019-11-24

can i purchase more steak knives to match this set?? If so, where and what is the product number for a set of matching steak knives? Thanks

Asked by: debm
The matching steak knives are available in a set of four (item number 17501-004) here: https://www.zwillingonline.com/17501004.html
Date published: 2018-05-07

Looking for a 8" bread knife in this modernist style. Sold separately as my set didn't have it?

Asked by: stretch
The 8" bread knife is not sold separately. If your order was not correct, as you are located in Canada, you may reach out to csupport@zwilling.ca for further assistance.
Date published: 2018-04-26
  • y_2020, m_4, d_6, h_12CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.5
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_5
  • loc_en_US, sid_17500-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • questions, product