Details

Henckels Definition 5-inch, hollow edge Santoku Knife

$14.99
Henckels Definition 5-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.3 out of 5 by 45.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_9, tr_36
  • loc_en_US, sid_19478-143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 102ms
  • reviews, product
{"no-color-13-cm_5.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"5.00 inch","ID":"13-cm_5.00-inch","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 5.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"19478-143-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false},"no-color-18-cm_7.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"no-color","ID":"no-color","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color no-color is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"7.00 inch","ID":"18-cm_7.00-inch","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 7.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"19478-183-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false}}
Variations
Size: 5.00 inch
Out Of Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 14 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

The Henckels Definition 5" Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is perfect for detailed kitchen tasks. Honed for long-lasting sharpness, the fine-edge blade boasts precision cutting. Santoku - Japanese for "three virtues" - excels at three cutting techniques: expertly mince garlic, slice cucumber, and dice onions with this Asian all-rounder, whose hollow edge blade has small indentations, aka grantons, which prevent food from sticking while cutting.The single-piece, precision-stamped blade is light and thin for excellent maneuverability without compromising strength or durability. This is due to its high carbon stainless steel composition, which provides power from within. Curved for comfort, the break-proof, triple-rivet handle is pleasant to grip for tireless, balanced cutting.Henckels makes essential kitchen tools every home chef needs. From steak knives to spatulas, each product offers high quality at an exceptional value. Created in 1895 by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, this value-driven brand guarantees the same durability, design and ease of use for which the global company is known. Equip your kitchen with expertise with Henckels.

• Fabricated from high-quality stainless steel
  • Single-piece, precision-stamped blade construction provides durability
  • Professional, fine-edge blade boasts precision cutting and is finely honed for long-lasting sharpness
  • Lightweight, full tang design yields maximum maneuverability
  • Traditional triple-rivet handle offers balance and is curved for comfort
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Made in China

Specifications

• Item no. 19478-143
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: China
  • Substance: stainless steel
  • Type of handle: exposed tang
  • Type of edge: hollow edge
  • Manufacturing method: stamped
  • Blade hardness (HRC): 51-53 HRC
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: ABS
Measurements
  • Net weight: 0.21 lbs
  • Length of product: 10.00 in
  • Width of product: 0.59 in
  • Height of product: 1.22 in
  • Blade length: 5.12 in
Added to basket View basket checkout
Henckels Definition 5-inch Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is rated 4.3 out of 5 by 45.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Cannot beat the value of the Definition line The good news: if this is the knife that appeals to you and the price suits you, then you just nailed it. The Definition line of Henckels International is a well-constructed collection of knives. Each knife is made from high quality stainless steel. One piece of this steel runs from the tip of the blade to the end of the handle for sturdiness and stability. The handle is arched to fit tightly into your palm, and is sculpted so your fingers in optimal position. These are excellent knives for daily use, especially this santoku. Good for cutting and chopping vegetables, cutting meat and poultry into cubes. The hollow grooves help to release wetter foods – like cucumbers and potatoes – so they don’t ride up the blade. Hone them regularly and sharpen them once a year. I hand wash all my knives so they look brand new, but they are dishwasher safe.
Date published: 2020-04-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Love how lightweight and sharp this knife is. The hollow edges prevent food from sticking and the one piece stamped construction feels just right in my hand. Love the full tang and the traditional 3 rivets in this Japanese style knife. This knife is sharper than my 8" chef knife and I definitely prefer using it. No longer dread chopping vegetables for salads and meal prep.
Date published: 2020-06-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by from For a value knife, this one will not disappoint! It cuts, slices and chops any of your daily tasks and is comfortable in your hand! I especially love the hollow edge and it literally keeps food from sticking! This will make your cutting tasks easier. Try this one and then graduate to a better Santoku after you have tried this one to see how well they work!
Date published: 2020-04-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great all around knife The good news: if this is the knife that appeals to you and the price suits you, then you just nailed it. The Definition line of Henckels International is a well-constructed collection of knives. Each knife is made from high quality stainless steel. One piece of this steel runs from the tip of the blade to the end of the handle for sturdiness and stability. The handle is arched to fit tightly into your palm, and is sculpted so your fingers in optimal position. These are excellent knives for daily use, especially this santoku. Good for cutting and chopping vegetables, cutting meat and poultry into cubes. The hollow grooves help to release wetter foods – like cucumbers and potatoes – so they don’t ride up the blade. Between the two, I prefer the 7-inch over the 5-inch. Sometimes you just need that extra length. Hone them regularly and sharpen them once a year. I hand wash all my knives so they look brand new, but they are dishwasher safe.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from This knife shape is fantastic. I think the knife itself is good quality but after getting used to it, I think I will upgrade to forged santoku knife. That said, this is still a good knife, it will be moving to the picnic basket as it it will still get plenty of use going to lovely locations with us!
Rated 4 out of 5 by from The santoku has quickly become one of my favorite knives. I love the wide blade and the hallowed out edge, which keeps food from sticking to the blade as you work. The curved handle on the Definition is super comfortable and allows you to work for longer periods of time.
Date published: 2020-05-21
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Bought this knife as an extra to have on hand when I'm letting my kids share the cooking duties. Sharp blade, lightweight handle. Great for slicing and dicing vegetables and fruits. Hollow Edge blade allows product to slide right off the blade. Great value!!
Date published: 2020-08-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Small Chopper This 5" santoku is a great addition because it chops cleanly, with its sharp, fine edge. The shorter length and flexible blade makes it a good go-to knife for chopping smaller vegetables and fruits. The dimples on the blade help keep food from sticking.
Date published: 2020-04-09
  • y_2024, m_3, d_28, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_9, tr_36
  • loc_en_US, sid_19478-143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • CLOUD, getContent, 7ms
  • reviews, product
  • CLOUD, getContent, 123ms
  • questions, product
  • bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = ERROR, msg = Not Found.;