Details

Henckels CLASSIC 3-pc, Starter Knife Set

$109.99

Set of three fine stainless steel knives for precise, comfortable cutting

• Seamless transition from blade to handle
  • Blade is finely honed for long-lasting sharpness
  • Traditional triple-rivet handle for balance and comfort
Henckels CLASSIC 3-pc Starter Knife Set is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 219.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_59, tr_160
  • loc_en_US, sid_31425-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 123ms
  • reviews, product
{"black-3-pcs_3-pc":{"color":{"displayName":"black matte","ID":"black","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"unselectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color black matte is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"3-pc","ID":"3-pcs_3-pc","isSelectable":false,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"unselectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 3-pc is not available for this combination"},"productId":"31425-000-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":false}}
Out Of Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 109 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

Meal prep is easy with this HENCKELS Classic 3-piece starter knife set. Honed for long-lasting sharpness, the fine-edge blades are perfect for precision cuts. Effortlessly chop herbs with the 8-inch chef's knife, slice cheese with the 6-inch utility knife, and peel apples with the 4-inch paring/utility knife.

High-quality German stainless steel strengthens these durable, Spanish-made knives. With a seamless transition from blade to handle, Classic knives' fully forged construction provides balance as the traditional triple-rivet handles encourage tireless cutting. These satin-finished blades are conveniently dishwasher safe.

• Set includes 4-inch Paring/Utility knife, 6-inch Utility knife, and 8-inch Chef’s knife
  • Knives fabricated from high-quality German stainless steel
  • Fully forged construction offers durability and a seamless transition from blade to handle
  • Professional, satin-finished blade boasts precision cutting and is finely honed for long-lasting sharpness
  • Ergonomic, traditional triple-rivet handle provides balance and comfort
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Made in Spain
  • Enjoy fatigue-free cutting

Specifications

• Item no. 31425-000
Characteristics
  • Color: black matte
  • Country of origin: Spain
  • Substance: german stainless steel
  • Type of edge: fine edge
  • Manufacturing method: forged
  • Number of parts: 3
  • Colour handle: black matte
  • Substance handle: plastic
Measurements
  • Net weight: 1.08 lbs
Added to basket View basket checkout
Henckels CLASSIC 3-pc Starter Knife Set is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 219.
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Best if bought on sale I've owned these knives for about 3 years now. Since then I've learned a lot more about knives. I thought these knives were awesome at first but now I realize they're just basic. They don't hold an edge very long because the HRC ( hardness of the blade) is very soft coming in at around 50 as read on the blade. Most quality knives are 59 and above. That means you have to sharpen it often which isn't that big of a deal if you're a beginner or don't care. Buy an electric sharpener --that's what I did. When they are sharp they cut well. The knife is handle heavy but it has girth which is great if you have big hands. I'm happy with my purchase. Wouldn't buy it again with the knowledge I have. I don't remember what I paid for them. I think 100 dollars is fair, wouldn't pay much more. I don't like the advertising on this website. If you go to specifications it just tells you the knife is made of "high carbon stainless steel" which is not telling at all. Knives that are truly high carbon are not considered stainless. That's like saying hot ice. It just doesn't go. These knives appear to be made of V 15 which is just steel but nothing in comparison to V10 which can be honed razor sharp and retain its edge for much longer than these blades. My point is:there are many types of steel out there. This knife is not high carbon anything. It's just stainless steel. And a specification should also include the HRC. It appears the marketing department is trying to take advantage of less knowing
Date published: 2019-05-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Starter Set for Budding Chef! I purchased this set to encourage our 17-year-old son to continue cooking. After taking a knife skills course at Sur La Table, he wanted a more professional grade knife to use while preparing food at home. The instructor recommended having 2 of 3 particular knives: an 8” chef’s knife, a utility knife, and a pairing knife. So happens Macy’s sold this set with all three!! He was really excited to receive this gift and wanted to hide the knives away from the rest of the family. I can’t wait to see what great dishes he prepared with them all!!
Date published: 2021-09-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful Henckel German Steel Knives! We just got a set, I'm familiar with Spanish made cutlery - these are the real McCoy without spending stupid money. I added the Japanese Santoku knife to this basic set and we have everything we need for gourmet cooking. The quality is outstanding - steel is medium hard so easy to sharpen. We had Messermeister knives previously so familiar with German steel - but those are stamped knives - these new Henckels are much thicker and have the bulk of the bolster molded in. Flawless, and with hand honed blades, extremely sharp. My only reservation is that the handles are not more rounded, but are squared off - I dunno, we're not competitive chefs so they only get used once a day - we can live with the more squared off handles. The finish is flawless. And the blades are very rigid - I think they are as nice as their basic twin-man stuff, and way nicer than the China made ones.
Date published: 2018-07-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing! This is my first real high quality knife. I am beyond thrilled! I went with this three piece set because they are the knives I used most often. The 8” chef knife is long but not too big for my small hands. Nice sharp blade. It feels good in the hand and has some weight to it without being too heavy.
Date published: 2021-07-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect starter set! The handle is a little too harsh but other than that the grip is nice
Date published: 2022-07-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Start with the essentials I have recently become more interested in cooking and I am trying to improve my cutlery collection without breaking the bank. THis is the way to go. Quality German steel forged and produced in Spain. European design and production definitely win out. They are super sharp and very comfortable in my hand. I love the balance and are a pleasure to use. These three knives meet most of my kitchen needs and I will be purchasing more from this line as I grow my kitchen.
Date published: 2020-06-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Awesome knife set This is an awesome knife set for the money. Very well maid
Date published: 2021-06-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Perfect for the beginner cook I recently purchased this starter knife set for a friend that recently became interested in cooking and it is every knife she needs as a beginner. The chef's knife is a great all around knife and the paring knife is great for all the small things, like peeling garlic and cutting up a peach. She's been using the utility knife for all the in-between things, like dicing onions and slicing bell peppers. She loves this set!
Date published: 2020-04-05
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_59, tr_160
  • loc_en_US, sid_31425-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 10ms
  • reviews, product

What are the blade angles of these edges? Cllassic 3pc starter set.

Asked by: Javelina
15 degrees on each side.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2023-08-23

The bed bath beyond website says these knives are forged. Is that correct?

Asked by: joe1
Yes, forged. We also got a 20% off coupon there so these were a veritable steal.
Answered by: Browneye
Date published: 2018-07-09

Does Henckels make a holder for any of their knife sets? I have your CLASSIC 3-can Starter set.

Asked by: Eddie in the mountains
Yes, you may shop our blocks and other knife storage solutions here: https://www.zwillingonline.com/cutlery-zwilling-storage.html
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-05-01

Where are they manufactured

Asked by: MAEDD
Our CLASSIC series of knives are manufactured in Spain.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2017-08-06
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_4
  • loc_en_US, sid_31425-000, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 147ms
  • questions, product