Details

Henckels Edge Maintenance 10-inch, Sharpening steel

$27.99
Henckels 10-inch Sharpening Steel is rated 4.6 out of 5 by 37.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_10, tr_27
  • loc_en_US, sid_32568-261, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 143ms
  • reviews, product
{"black-9-cm_10.00-inch":{"color":{"displayName":"black matte","ID":"black","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":true,"swatchClass":"selectable","swatchImageUrl":{},"resourceVariationNotAvailable":"color black matte is not available for this combination"},"size":{"displayName":"10.00 inch","ID":"9-cm_10.00-inch","isSelectable":true,"isSelected":true,"isColorSwatch":false,"swatchClass":"selectable","resourceVariationNotAvailable":"size 10.00 inch is not available for this combination"},"productId":"32568-261-0","linkUrl":{},"isOrderableInMaster":true,"isStockAvailable":true}}
In Stock
Add to cart options
Product Actions
Availability:

Earn 27 points in our free Rewards Program.

Free shipping above $59 Hassle-free returns Direct from manufacturer

Description

Even the best knife will lose its initial sharpness during the course of time. Using a sharpening steel each time you use your knives will keep the edge aligned, resulting in a sharper, safer knife.

• 10"
  • Keeps blade honed between sharpenings

Specifications

• Item no. 32568-261
Characteristics
  • Color: black matte
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: stainless steel
Measurements
  • Net weight: 2.10 lbs
  • Length of product: 3.43 in
  • Width of product: 1.26 in
Henckels Edge Maintenance 10-inch, Sharpening steel
4.6 (37)
Added to basket View basket checkout
Henckels 10-inch Sharpening Steel is rated 4.6 out of 5 by 37.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This won't replace your annual sharpening but it will keep your blades aligned and performing their best in between sharpening. Because the fine edge of a knife has such a sharp angle each time you use a knife the blade will become slightly out of alignment from the pressure. Learning to properly use a honing steel will put your blade back into it's straight alignment resulting in a smoother sharper feel to your cut.
Date published: 2020-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Can't beat it for the money This is a good basic honing steel. And it is always better to have a honing steel and use it than wait to get a better one. Plus this one is 10-inches long. For my money, that's the right length for home use. Made in Germany with good quality steel. Get it and put it use right away.
Date published: 2020-05-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Works Well-Quality Product I tried the 10" sharpening steel and could absolutely tell the difference between this one and my old one. The longer rod was very helpful. The results were also better than with my old honing steel. I could really feel the difference when using my knife afterwards.
Date published: 2020-10-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Keep your knives sharp Great sharpening steel to keep your knives in good working condition. Steel is of good quality and design.
Date published: 2021-05-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Awesome This is practically the easiest way to sharpen your knives and keep them in top top shape.
Date published: 2023-02-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing feel and value This product feels amazing in the hand, from first use I knew that this was going to be a staple in the kitchen for years to come. I sharpened my first knife and it cut better than it has with my current sharpening steel. Great purchase or gift for someone who works kn the kitchen and the price can’t be beat for the quality.
Date published: 2021-05-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Must have! Every cook should have a handy honing steel as part of kitchen tools. Honing steel maintains edge of the knife to keep the edge aligned, resulting a sharper and safer knife. Honing knife lengthen its sharpness, it also cleans any rust, stains, and fix burr off your knife.
Date published: 2020-04-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from maintenance matters Every Henckels knife needs a honing steel. When used regularly, it maintains the edge by removing small burrs (or microscopic bent teeth). Which equates to a sharp edge. Your knives will thank you. Such a good deal to maintain your investment.
Date published: 2020-04-17
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_10, tr_27
  • loc_en_US, sid_32568-261, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 5ms
  • reviews, product

Does the International Sharpening Steel really sharpen, or does it just hone the knife?

Asked by: SKRD
While our sharpening steels are mostly used for honing, they do remove a minute amount of metal to help refine the edge between use and sharpening. For more substantial results, we recommend using a stone or handheld sharpener.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2018-10-03

What's the Rockwell hardness

Asked by: sharpeners
The H.I. 10" sharpening steel has a Rockwell hardness of 63.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2017-09-15

Is there any special cleaning or maintenance that I should do for my sharpening steel?

Asked by: Basstex
The steel should require almost no maintenance. If it becomes dirty, it can be washed with soap and warm water. Otherwise, it should need little else. It will take many years for the steel to wear down (if ever) because it is harder than the steel used in our blades.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2016-12-15
  • y_2024, m_3, d_27, h_9CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_3
  • loc_en_US, sid_32568-261, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 100ms
  • questions, product