• Black Matte
YOU SAVE: -40%
46.50 $27.99
Add to cart options
Product Actions

In Stock

YOU SAVE: -40%
46.50 $27.99
J.A. Henckels International 10-inch Sharpening Steel is rated 4.4 out of 5 by 18.
  • y_2020, m_7, d_6, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_15
  • loc_en_US, sid_32568-261, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_zwillingonline
  • bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 175ms
  • reviews, product
In Stock
Ships within 1-2 days
Item no. 32568-261
Henckels International Accessories 10-inch Sharpening Steel
$46.50 $27.99
Added to basket View basket checkout
Additional Information
Even the best knife will lose its initial sharpness during the course of time. Using a sharpening steel each time you use your knives will keep the edge aligned, resulting in a sharper, safer knife.
  • 10"
  • Keeps blade honed between sharpenings
Characteristics
  • Color: Black
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: Steel
Measurements
  • Length of product: 3.43 in
  • Width of product: 1.26 in
Characteristics
  • Country of origin: Germany
  • Substance: Steel
J.A. Henckels International 10-inch Sharpening Steel is rated 4.4 out of 5 by 18.
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This won't replace your annual sharpening but it will keep your blades aligned and performing their best in between sharpening. Because the fine edge of a knife has such a sharp angle each time you use a knife the blade will become slightly out of alignment from the pressure. Learning to properly use a honing steel will put your blade back into it's straight alignment resulting in a smoother sharper feel to your cut.
Date published: 2020-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Can't beat it for the money This is a good basic honing steel. And it is always better to have a honing steel and use it than wait to get a better one. Plus this one is 10-inches long. For my money, that's the right length for home use. Made in Germany with good quality steel. Get it and put it use right away.
Date published: 2020-05-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Must have! Every cook should have a handy honing steel as part of kitchen tools. Honing steel maintains edge of the knife to keep the edge aligned, resulting a sharper and safer knife. Honing knife lengthen its sharpness, it also cleans any rust, stains, and fix burr off your knife.
Date published: 2020-04-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from maintenance matters Every Henckels knife needs a honing steel. When used regularly, it maintains the edge by removing small burrs (or microscopic bent teeth). Which equates to a sharp edge. Your knives will thank you. Such a good deal to maintain your investment.
Date published: 2020-04-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great tool to use for your knives Great and easy way to keep your knives sharp longer. With the honing steel, you can keep the edge on your knives for much longer, and you won’t have to worry about sharpening your knives as much. Perfect for any German stainless steel knife.
Date published: 2020-04-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Made In Germany Keeping your knives sharp is the key to happiness in the kitchen. I use the steel about once a week to realign the blade and keep my knives very sharp. I found it's very helpful to watch the video on this website about honing your knives.
Date published: 2020-05-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Routine Maintenance Easily renew the edge of your knives with routine use of this sharpening steel. Maintaining your blade will prolong the frequency with which you will need to have it repaired, i.e., sharpened. Attached hanging loop for storage.
Date published: 2020-04-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Keep the edges of your good knives aligned with a honing steel. It is a must-have for every kitchen that has quality knives. Use the steel every time you use the knife and it will lengthen the lifespan of your knives.
Date published: 2020-05-10
  • y_2020, m_7, d_6, h_15
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_15
  • loc_en_US, sid_32568-261, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 10ms
  • reviews, product

Can I use this sharpener on Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional "S" knives?

Asked by: RayT
We would recommend a Zwilling/Twin brand sharpener, rather than Henckels International, because it will be optimized to sharpen the special formula steel in your Zwilling knives.
Answered by: ZWILLING
Date published: 2020-04-20

Does the International Sharpening Steel really sharpen, or does it just hone the knife?

Asked by: SKRD
While our sharpening steels are mostly used for honing, they do remove a minute amount of metal to help refine the edge between use and sharpening. For more substantial results, we recommend using a stone or handheld sharpener.
Date published: 2018-10-03

What's the Rockwell hardness

Asked by: sharpeners
The H.I. 10" sharpening steel has a Rockwell hardness of 63.
Date published: 2017-09-15

Is there any special cleaning or maintenance that I should do for my sharpening steel?

Asked by: Basstex
The steel should require almost no maintenance. If it becomes dirty, it can be washed with soap and warm water. Otherwise, it should need little else. It will take many years for the steel to wear down (if ever) because it is harder than the steel used in our blades.
Answered by: Zwilling Customer Support
Date published: 2016-12-15
  • y_2020, m_7, d_6, h_15CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.10
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_4
  • loc_en_US, sid_32568-261, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • CLOUD, getContent, 141ms
  • questions, product