3 red bell peppers, halved
3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Sprigs of fresh oregano
Salt and pepper
1 cup dry orzo
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup pitted black olive
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Crushed red pepper flakes
Zest from 1 lemon
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200° celsius)
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, toss the peppers with the olive oil, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the oregano. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo according to package directions until al dente. Drain and toss with the balsamic vinegar, olives, pine nuts, and feta.
- Make the lemon basil tomatoes by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stuff the warm orzo inside the peppers. Drizzle with tomato sauce. Enjoy!