6 - 8
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
2 tablespoons orange zest I tablespoon honey
I tablespoon kosher salt I teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 cup olive oil
1 whole turkey breast (about 5 pounds), boned and butterflied
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, diced
3 carrots, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 garlic cloves
1/ 2 cup white wine
HOW TO MAKE IT
- To make the marinade: In a medium bowl, combine the sage, orange zest, honey, salt, pepper, shallots, garlic, and olive oil. Mix well and set aside. Place turkey breast in a large container. Pour the marinade over the turkey breast and rub the marinade completely over the turkey breast. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove the turkey breast and allow it to come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, make the filling by warming the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low until carrots are soft and the onions are translucent about 20 to 25 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Deglaze the pan with white wine and continue cooking until the wine has evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay the turkey breast-side down on a cutting board. Spread the filling in an even layer, leaving a ½-inch border on all sides. Roll the turkey breast up lengthwise. Flip the turkey breast over and tie with butcher's twine.
- Place in a 10 by 15-inch rectangular roasting pan and cook for l½ to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F. Begin checking on the turkey about 1 hour into the roasting time.
- Remove the turkey breast from the pan and cover with tin foil and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and serve warm.