INGREDIENTS700 g tomatoes
4 pearl onions (medium-sized)
4-5 tbsp. olive oil
500 ml meat broth from the stew
250 g rice
75 g grated Parmesan
Optional for traditional preparation:1 pinch saffron
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Goes very well with stew. Pour boiling water over the tomatoes, remove the skins and cut into pieces.
- Peel the onions and chop on a board. Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil and steam the onions until they become translucent.
- Add the tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the meat broth from the stew. Add the remaining olive oil to a Cocotte, heat and add the rice.
- Stir with a wooden spoon. As soon as the rice is translucent, add the tomatoes, onions and enough broth from the stewpot so that everything is covered.
- Add salt and pepper. A pinch of saffron may also be added and stirred in if desired.
- Simmer uncovered. Simmer at a mild heat for 18-20 minutes always adding the broth.
- Add the Parmesan shortly before serving. Stir carefully.
- Arrange on the serving dish.
- Serve hot.