2.2 lbs potatoes
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sweet paprika
4 tsp smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic
4 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp sugar
7 oz. can crushed tomatoes (around 1 cup)
Aioli* for serving
HOW TO MAKE IT
Bowl, cutting board, knife, baking sheet, parchment paper, spatula, citrus juicer, frying pan
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and add to a large bowl. Add sweet paprika, half (2 ½ tbsp.) of the olive oil, and half (2 tsp) of the smoked paprika. Stir to evenly coat the potatoes and season with salt.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out the potatoes and roast for 20 – 30 minutes, flipping halfway at 10-15 minutes. When they are crispy and golden brown, they are ready.
3. While the potatoes are roasting, finely dice onion. Mince garlic, finely chop parsley, and juice lemon. Set aside.
4. Heat remaining 2 ½ tbsp olive oil in frying pan at medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic for around 2-3 minutes. Add flour, remaining 2 tsp smoked paprika, and sugar, stirring to thoroughly combine. Add lemon juice, crushed tomatoes, and parsley. Let simmer until the salsa brava sauce has reduced, then remove from heat.
5. Remove roasted potatoes from oven. Serve with salsa brava and aioli, if desired. Enjoy!