- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce hearts
- 80 g colourful mini sweet peppers
- 80 g carrots
- 100 g cucumber
- 1 radish
- 15 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g soft cheese with herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of wholegrain sandwich bread
- ½ container of cress
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients, prepare them and place them ready.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and pat dry. Wash the sweet peppers, remove the seeds and white sections, and finely dice. Wash and trim the carrots. Peel and coarsely grate them. Wash and trim the cucumber. Halve it lengthwise, remove the seeds with a spoon and also grate coarsely. Wash and trim the radish. Thinly slice and place to one side. Stir the other prepared vegetables and sunflower seeds into the soft cheese until well mixed, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the slices of sandwich bread in the toaster so that they are as brown and crispy as you like them and remove them.
- Place lettuce leaves on half the slices of toast and spread the vegetable and soft cheese mixture on top. Garnish with slices of radish. Cut the cress with scissors, distribute it over the radish slices and place the remaining slices of toast on top to close each sandwich.
- Cut diagonally in half, if you wish, and enjoy right away.
Anyone who doesn't like soft cheese with herbs can also use pure soft cheese and season it with their own herbs.
Leftover bread stays fresh longer when stored in a FRESH & SAVE vacuum bag. Simply place the bread in the bag and vacuum seal it with the pump. Make sure that you promptly stop vacuuming so that only the air from the bag, and not the bread, is removed.