- 6 hot dog bun
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 large gherkins
- 2 red onions
- 6 beef minute steak (approx. 150 g)
- Salt, pepper
- 4 tbsp. neutral vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 6 slice of Cheddar
- 6 tsp. strong mustard
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients, prepare them and place them ready.
- Slice the hot dog bun in half and toast on both sides on the bread roll attachment.
- Wash the tomato, remove the stalk and slice. Drain off the gherkin and chop lengthwise into thin slices. Peel and halve the onions and chop into slices. Wash the steak, dab dry, season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat up half of the oil in a pan and fry the onions in the oil. Drizzle with maple syrup, caramelise and remove. Heat up the remaining oil in the pan, fry the steaks in the oil on both sides to the desired degree. Top with cheese, cover with the lid and keep warm so that the cheese melts.
- Coat the bottom half of the hot dog bun with mustard and cover with tomatoes and gherkin. Place the steaks on the bread and cover with the caramelized onions. Put the top half of the bun on top. Enjoy right away.
You can also use brown or white sugar instead of maple syrup to caramelize the onions.
Leftover bread stays fresh longer when stored in a FRESH & SAVE vacuum bag. Simply place the bread in the bag and vacuum seal it with the pump. Make sure that you promptly stop vacuuming so that only the air from the bag, and not the bread, is removed.