- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig of mint
- 1 lemon
- 300 ml water
- 2 tsp. ras el hanout
- 200 g instant couscous
- 50 g spring onions
- 250 g vine tomatoes
- 200 g cucumber
- 200 g yellow sweet pepper
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 50 g roasted pine nuts
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. runny honey
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients, prepare them and place them ready.
- Peel and crush the garlic. Wash, shake dry and pluck the leaves from the herbs. Keep the stalks and cut the leaves into thin strips. Wash the lemon in hot water, dry it and grate the peel and squeeze the juice.
- Add the water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, herb stalks and ras el hanout to the kettle. Bring to the boil at 100 °C and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Once steeped, pour the flavoured water (kettle lid closed) over the couscous, briefly stir through and immediately cover. Allow to soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Trim, wash and shake the spring onion dry before cutting into thin rings. Wash and trim the tomatoes, cucumber and sweet pepper, and dice into small cubes.
- Add all the prepared ingredients, as well as the olive oil and pine nuts, to the couscous and mix well. Generously season the couscous salad with salt and pepper and sweeten with honey.
- Present and serve the couscous salad.
Add a fruity crunch by sprinkling a couple of pomegranate seeds over the served couscous salad.
The FRESH & SAVE vacuum lunch boxes are perfect for storing prepared meals. Simply place the couscous salad in a suitable lunchbox, vacuum the box and keep it refrigerated until you take it with you to the office, for example.