MIYABI MIYABI 6000 MCT 9-cm-/-3.5-inch Shotoh
MIYABI celebrates Japanese craftsmanship with Artisan. Using traditional methods and innovative techniques, these knives merge the past and present into an exceptional knife collection.
The potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is layered in a Tsuchime finish. This exquisite, hand-hammered effect helps prevent food from sticking. Each knife features a hand-honed blade finished with a true katana edge, a homage to the samurai swords made in Seki centuries ago.
Fabricated with special Cocobolo Rosewood pakkawood, the handles mirror the beauty of the blade. Sophisticated details include brass and red spacers, a mosaic pin and a stainless steel end cap. The attractive D-shaped handle is designed to nestle comfortably in your hand for tireless cutting. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 2 layers of steel. This provides a hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell. (International standard unit of measurement for hardness)
- CRYODUR ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile with Tsuchime look (hammered finish).
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Dimensionally-stable pakka wood handle for perfect balance, outstanding comfort and fatigue-free cutting with all cutting techniques; sophisticated dark wood look.
- D-shaped Cocobolo pakkawood handle
- Hammered “Tsuchime” finish
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Country of origin: Japan
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: consealed tang
- Type of edge: Fine Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 62-64 HRC
- Net weight: 0.195 kg / 0.43 lbs
- Blade length: 9 cm / 3.54 in