The 24 cm-long GYUTOH from Miyabi is perfect for cutting or slicing through meat or fish. Its slim yet stable blade delivers a perfectly controlled and clean cut. It has an authentic Japanese profile with an extremely sharp Honbazuke honing and is symmetrically polished at an angle of 19 degrees. The blade is first sharpened twice on rotating stones and is then polished on a leather wheel. Ease of handling is guaranteed by the handle, made of beautiful Masur birch, creating a thing of beauty with its light and dark lines. The interplay of colours within the graining represents an attractive addition to the floral Damask pattern on the blade, making each knife a unique work of art. The D-shaped handle also offers perfect balance, guaranteeing optimum control and fatigue-free cutting. A core of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel is used to produce the blade, embedded in 100 layers of two different types of steel, both with different degrees of hardness. The CRYUDOR® blade is also ice-hardened in a specially developed process at -196 degrees Celsius to give it a final hardness of around 63 Rockwell. Cutting meat, fish and vegetables is a breeze with the GYUTOH from the MIYABI 5000MCD series.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel for exceptional hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell (international standard unit of measurement for hardness) and outstanding cutting edge retention.
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Traditional "D" handle made from Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Rounded spine and heel
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Country of origin: Japan
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: consealed tang
- Type of edge: Fine Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 62-64 HRC
- Net weight: 0.629 kg / 1.39 lbs
- Blade length: 24 cm / 9.45 in
- Handle length: 13.8 cm / 5.43 in