MIYABI MIYABI 5000 MCD 18-cm-/-7-inch Fine Edge Santoku knife
Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance.
More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel. MIYABI's innovative, ice-hardening process locks in the long-lasting sharpness of the CRYODUR blades. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability.
The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look.
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel for exceptional hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell (international standard unit of measurement for hardness) and outstanding cutting edge retention.
- CRYODUR ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Traditional "D" handle made from Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Rounded spine and heel
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Country of origin: Japan
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: consealed tang
- Type of edge: Fine Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 62-64 HRC
- Net weight: 0.571 kg / 1.26 lbs
- Blade length: 18 cm / 7.09 in
- Handle length: 13.9 cm / 5.47 in