The SHOTOH from Miyabi is a small, yet fine, unique cutting utensil. With a length of 13 cm, this extra thin and sturdy blade is ideal when you need to cut, peel or clean fruit or vegetables. The ultra-sharp Honbazuke honing on the symmetrically honed blade delivers extreme sharpness. This is enhanced by the typically Japanese blade profile, which has a symmetrical cutting edge with an angle of 19 degrees. The core of the blade is made of MicroCarbide powder steel MC63, surrounded by 100 layers of two different kinds of stainless steel, creating the unique floral Damask pattern on the blade. It is this pattern that makes the knife into a unique work of art. The CRYODUR® blade has been ice-hardened in a specially developed process at -196 degrees Celsius to achieve a remarkable hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell, making the knife flexible and robust and ensuring it has excellent cutting edge retention. The Masur birch handle in a soft light-brown colour provides an attractive contrast to the brightness of the steel. The graining and structure is unique on each knife, making it an eye-catching addition to every kitchen. The handle has a traditional D-shape and is beautifully balanced, providing excellent control when working. The SHOTOH from the MIYABI 5000MCD series is the perfect utensil for the finest cutting work.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel for exceptional hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell (international standard unit of measurement for hardness) and outstanding cutting edge retention.
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Traditional "D" handle made from Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Rounded spine and heel
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Country of origin: Japan
- Substance: MC63
- Type of handle: consealed tang
- Type of edge: Fine Edge
- Edge finishing: Honbazuke edge
- Manufacturing method: welded
- Blade hardness (HRC): 62-64 HRC
- Net weight: 0.393 kg / 0.87 lbs
- Blade length: 13 cm / 5.12 in
- Handle length: 11.3 cm / 4.45 in