Staub Canada | STAUB Cast Iron Round French Oven 5L
(the “Sweepstakes”) THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Saturday, May 23rd, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. EASTERN TIME (“EST” – Toronto Time) and ends on Friday, May, 29th, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period is composed of the following stages:
a. Entry Period: Begins Saturday May 23rd, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. EASTERN TIME (“EST” – Toronto Time) and ends on Wednesday, May, 27th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST
b. Judging Period: Begins on Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. EST and ends on Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 12:00 p.m EST.
c. Contact Period: Begins on Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST and ends on Friday, My 29th, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
2) The Sweepstakes is open to all residents of Canada, excluding the province of Quebecwho have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Canada (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges. This contest is not open to residents of Quebec province.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Sweepstakes you must:
a. Have a valid Instagram account (an “Account”). If you do not have an Account, visit https://www.instagram.com/ and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free account.
b. Enter the sweepstakes on the Staub Canada (@staub_ca) Instagram page, and you may win a Staub Cast Iron Round French Oven, 5L, $455.00. By submitting an entry, you are automatically entered into this sweepstakes. Entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by e-mail, but shall have the ability to opt out of receiving such materials at any time. Only one (1) winner per authorized account holder (see below). Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same -email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple account identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each proposed winner may be asked to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
c. Entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized Instagram account holder of the Staub Canada Instagram Page at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is a fan of the Staub Canada Instagram Account. Proof of being the authorized account holder may be required.
d. Comply with Facebook Terms of Service and Facebook Rules available at www.Facebook.com.
4) Your sweepstakes entry must comply with the following specifications:
a. be your original account, and be created solely by you. Using a third party's pre-existing account does not qualify as your account;
b. not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your Sweepstakes entry and any text shared on the Staub Canada Instagram Account, must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's, entity's or organization's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights. For greater certainty, your comment or photo must not contain trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by anyone other than the Sponsor, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without express, written, prior permission of the trademark or brand owner;
c. be in “good taste” and in keeping with the Sponsor’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group.
d. promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion;
e. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
f. not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products;
g. not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
h. not violate any law or regulation;
i. not be libelous, threatening or harassing;j. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
k. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
5) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Sweepstakes when you follow and comment on the Sweepstakes Instagram post and receive bonus entries when you tag a friend or friend(s) in the comments section. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC. JUDGING CRITERIA FOR SELECTING FINALISTS
6) During the Judging Period, the Sponsor will judge all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period and a winner will be selected at random using http://www.random.org/.
7) Beginning on Thursday, May 28th, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. EST and ending on Friday, May 29th, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. EST (Toronto Time), Sponsor will contact prize winner by sending him/her direct message on Instagram for an email address and shipping details. It is your responsibility to set your Account settings to accept direct messages by Sponsor and to check your direct message account for such messages during the Contact Period.
8) Before being declared a prize winner: each selected winner will be required to sign and return before the end of the Contact Period a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which: a. confirms compliance with the Contest Rules; b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and c. grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the Contest without further notice or compensation.
9) If a selected winner: (i) cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or before the end of the Contact Period (whichever occurs first); or (ii) fails to return the declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release within the specified time; or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then he/she will be disqualified and forfeit his/her opportunity to be a prize winner. The Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may select another entrant at random as a selected prize winner. The prizes may be shipped within Canada only (excluding the province of Quebec), and will be shipped through a standard shipping method. A tracking number will be provided in a confirmation email once the order has shipped. This tracking number will allow you to track the package and identify when it is expected to arrive. Standard shipping can take approx. 5-12 days (longer for rural areas). We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes.
One (1) Staub Cast Iron Round French Oven, 5L, $455.00
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
You must warrant that your Contest entry meets the Entry Specifications, set out above. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Contest entry that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Entry Specifications. Your right to submit a Contest entry must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest entry by Sponsor in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work ("Third Party Elements") included in your Contest entry.
Sponsor’s right to use your entry: You acknowledge that your photograph entry and or entry may immediately appear in your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram feed after it is posted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials. By posting a Contest photograph entry or entering the contest using the Channel name, you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest photograph entry and entry and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest photograph entry or comment entry, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
By entering the Contest and submitting a Comment and/or entry, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Facebook Terms of Service grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Facebook, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her entry in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the contest entry. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any entry if a complaint is received with respect to the entry or comment, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the comment (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any entry does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the comment (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means - to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Facebook accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Facebook. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not Facebook.
Any questions or concerns in regards to this contest, contest rules, the Sponsor, affiliated agencies, or prizes can be addressed to:
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Canada
435 Cochrane Dr.