Pizza with zucchini flowers This pizza brings delicate spices to the table – and you will discover that courgette flowers do not need to be served in batter or have a filling in order to be absolutely delicious!
For the pizza dough:40 g yeast
500 g flour
560 g water
4 tbsp olive oil
For the topping:3 clove garlic
720 g zucchini flowers
400 g mushrooms or porcini
2 tbsp olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
400 g mozzarella
HOW TO MAKE IT
- To make the dough, dissolve the yeast in a little lukewarm water. Mix flour, water, olive oil and two pinches of salt together, add the yeast and mix briefly. Cover with the tea towel and leave to rise for about 90 min.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- For the topping, peel the garlic. Sauté the zucchini flowers and mushrooms together with the garlic in hot olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Remove the garlic from the pan.
- Now put the dough onto a baking tray brushed with olive oil and push it flat evenly until the entire tray is covered.
- Spread the topping onto the dough and cover with thinly cut mozzarella slices before putting in the oven.
- Bake the pizza on the middle shelf in the preheated oven at 400°F for about 25 min. The dough should be golden brown – it may require another 5 min. at the end with bottom heat so that it is well browned ... take out of the oven and serve!